Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Agree about the rink.....Does the Tampa Bay Lightening ring a bell??  Florida Panthers?  Seriously there are beer leagues galore in some areas.....

Employment - what a crazy thing never woulda thought the sheer number of jobs available here....if i wanted to go back to work it would be an easy thing for sure.  I will def get a duffer job at some point....can only go to the beach so often, can't believe I typed that!!!  Lol  Seriously tho there is a plethora of jobs here...

Ya I get it - you either love or hate it.....totally get that.  I really wanted to live in the West too but really like the water aspect over the desert....like you said to each his own.

Pay for my kind of work plus benefits not as good... xray/CT

On 7/18/2019 at 10:00 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

to be technical     No.   

I was born and raised in Rochester, evacuated the state in 1997

Born in Poughkeepsie (I assume Giants territory). Lived in Rochester for the majority of my short tenure in NY. Evacuated to Texas, can't say I don't like the cities in TX better, although I did really like Buffalo over Rochester. 

Sorry folks but the weather and urban life in Austin after spending my last stop in Newark was a game changer. Cowboys were never an option. I hadn't met a Texans fan until 10 years after the franchise started. Bills stayed in my heart. Visiting family in Newark and trying to catch Bills TC is typically the only guaranteed Bills exposure I can get any given year. I sorta just figured any of upstate was Bills country.. I mean the Meadowlands is in friggin New Jersey.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:53 AM, Another Fan said:

For Bills territory I have in my head Buffalo (obviously), Rochester, Syracuse, and Ontario. Perhaps it’s another debate but Central NY like Binghamton/Utica I would tend to think leans toward the Jets/Giants?

I like that this site gives perspectives locally for tailgating and such but you also hear from out of town fans like myself.  

Central Florida is LOADED with Bills fans. So yep I live in Bills Territory

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Bills territory/Bills Country. It’s a state of mind more than geology.

Not true...Erie County and NYS taxpayers flip the bill to keep this team here.

I am one of them.

And most out of towners laugh at us..because we keep paying high taxation.

One thing that really pisses me off is when out of towners tell us locals where they would like to have a new stadium built.

we don't care.

Move back..support the community..then we will listen.

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Central Florida is LOADED with Bills fans. So yep I live in Bills Territory

Nope..

do people in Orlando dress up in bills gear on Fridays(work) during the season.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I am one of them.

One thing that really pisses me off is when out of towners tell us locals where they would like to have a new stadium built.

we don't care.

Nope..

ABSOLUTELY. They do. 

Sorry you think you have some some misguided thinking that because you are local means you have a bigger voice. 

Let me ask ask you What’s the Max you have EVER SPENT on Bills in one season. 

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ABSOLUTELY. They do. 

Sorry you think you have some some misguided thinking that because you are local means you have a bigger voice. 

Let me ask ask you What’s the Max you have EVER SPENT on Bills in one season. 

Im not gonna eqaute local always means better but there is a small point to be made

I imagine a Bills fan in Cali who goes to 3 games a year will spend for $ than a local fan who lives next door. Doesn't make him a better fan either

But there opinion of where it should go is irrelevant because they don't have to deal with it 365

It has to be right for locals

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Im not gonna eqaute local always means better but there is a small point to be made

I imagine a Bills fan in Cali who goes to 3 games a year will spend for $ than a local fan who lives next door

But there opinion of where it should go is irrelevant because they don't have to deal with it 365

It has to be right for locals

Point is some god complex on their voice means more because they pay a small increase on their Tax. Well guess what I do too. And then I also pay taxes on all the food I buy for every Sunday I and there. Also taxes on my Bills season tickets. All the local Merch i buy. Then the Season tickets themselves, then the Merch itself, then all the Concessions because well as a Fly in commuter yep I buy a lot of concessions at the stadium 

so sorry but when it comes to a new stadium or upgrades my voice holds just as much weight as someone that lives locally 

57 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I am one of them.

we don't care.

Nope..

You want Reality without the Out of Towners and the REVENUE generated by the TV deals Bills would have left long ago. So keep your god complex to a minimum 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Point is some god complex on their voice means more because they pay a small increase on their Tax. Well guess what I do too. And then I also pay taxes on all the food I buy for every Sunday I and there. Also taxes on my Bills season tickets. All the local Merch i buy. Then the Season tickets themselves, then the Merch itself, then all the Concessions because well as a Fly in commuter yep I buy a lot of concessions at the stadium 

so sorry but when it comes to a new stadium or upgrades my voice holds just as much weight as someone that lives locally 

Yea but there are 100 thousand that do the same here my friend

My father and I have had seasons for 30+ years.. I spend wayyyyyyyyy too much money on the Bills. Food , tickets , clothes , everything and anything

And we do have the highest taxes in the country and they WILL RAISE if / when the stadium is built and nobody pays those regularly but us

Super fans are all over the country. I shouldn't get to decide where the U builds a new joint because I spend 15 k a year on them

You love the Bills as much as anyone God bless,,, and our own local voice in Buffalo is pretty insignificant so there isn't much weight outside it

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea but there are 100 thousand that do the same here my friend

My father and I have had seasons for 30+ years.. I spend wayyyyyyyyy too much money on the Bills. Food , tickets , clothes , everything and anything

And we do have the highest taxes in the country and they WILL RAISE if / when the stadium is built and nobody pays those regularly but us

Super fans are all over the country. I shouldn't get to decide where the U builds a new joint because I spend 15 k a year on them

You love the Bills as much as anyone God bless,,, and our own local voice in Buffalo is pretty insignificant so there isn't much weight outside it

ok Cool. So Erie County Residents Voices are louder and mean more?  That what you are saying. Ok maybe I should ask the pegulas if they feel the same way before I spend another dime. Or if I decide to attend all home games with my Season Tickets or sell them off. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

ok Cool. So Erie County Residents Voices are louder and mean more?  That what you are saying. Ok maybe I should ask the pegulas if they feel the same way before I spend another dime. Or if I decide to attend all home games with my Season Tickets or sell them off. 

I don't think I ever said that. Don't put words in my mouth 

Buffalo has the greatest people in the world. And RALPH built the Bills in Buffalo

I WOULD NOT ROOT FOR THE TORONTO BILLS or London etc

Edited by Buffalo716

Maybe over reacted to your post. Apologize. More so for MBS

but every year. Like clockwork there are those groups of fans that think because they live in Erie County makes their fandom mean more 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

You have nothing to apologise for

You are a great fan of my hometown team

Just strikes a cord when reading people like MisterBlueSky essentially say because he lives in Erie County his fandom is worth more 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Just strikes a cord when reading people like MisterBlueSky essentially say because he lives in Erie County his fandom is worth more 

As I said earlier I truly believe that buffalo is special and the people are special

You embraced the Bills and you are a part of our family. If you cry when we cry and laugh when we laugh you're a friend of mine

Think the fighting here is bad? I'm still arguing with my best friend who the better QB was Fitz or TT!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

As I said earlier I truly believe that buffalo is special and the people are special

You embraced the Bills and you are a part of our family. If you cry when we cry and laugh when we laugh you're a friend of mine

Think the fighting here is bad? I'm still arguing with my best friend who the better QB was Fitz or TT!

Will help you with that. It’s Fitz