Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

20 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

It should be, but I don't think it is right now. A decade's worth of playoff competitiveness under Beane, McDermott, and Allen should change that.

Ideally what would constitute "geographic Bills territory" would be every county in NY state north of Rockland and Westchester, as well as the Golden Horseshoe of Canada. When I say "ideal" Bills territory, I'm referring as much to cultural and socioeconomic similarities with Buffalo as I am with geographic proximity (yes, I realize that many of you will take issue with the Hudson Valley ever being considered Bills territory). It's a bit of a tragedy that the utter incompetence of this organization during the 21st century has meant that the Patriots, Giants, and Steelers have taken over large swaths of what should have otherwise been our young coming-of-age fanbase. I call it a tragedy because it affects things like stadium funding and the long-term viability of the franchise in Buffalo post-Pegulas (which may very well be many decades away).

Also, a bunch of Cuse morons jumped on the Philly bandwagon when they drafted Orangeman Donovan McNabb. This always irritated me. 

That said, Syracuse NY is BILLS country!! And it always will be.

Lived in buffalo during my childhood in 80s and 90s after immigrated from Korea.  Now, i live in Long Island NY.  My two boys born in  NYC are now BILLS fan.  It was two years ago my older son who is teenager finally gave up his OBJ Giant.  It took a lot of patience and perseverance,, and money.  I cant wait to go back to attend the home against patriots.

21 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Pay for my kind of work plus benefits not as good... xray/CT

Gotcha - in my area, Sarasota/Bradenton there is demand for health care here.  Of course ya don't gotta pay the Mario tax and cost of living is MUCH cheaper ?

But I get it....took me 29 years to realize my dream....sometimes there are many things outa our control.

• Like (+1) 1

Pay is close, benefits and health coverage unsure of.  Just looked it up. Does FLA protect pre-existing conditions? Maybe after my kids get out of school... I married late and kids are still in High School

3 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Gotcha - in my area, Sarasota/Bradenton there is demand for health care here.  Of course ya don't gotta pay the Mario tax and cost of living is MUCH cheaper ?

But I get it....took me 29 years to realize my dream....sometimes there are many things outa our control.

Edited by North Buffalo

On 7/18/2019 at 8:41 PM, Jeebus said:

Grew up just outside of Niagara Falls, but currently live in a town about 2hrs East of Dallas.  Mostly cowboy fans here, mixed in with some Texan and Saint fans.  I have come across a stray Bills fan every now and then.   It's a struggle in my house, my wife and her side of the family are all big time cowboy fans

Like most here, I grew up in the Buffalo area (Kenmore/Town of Tonawanda) but lived for about 5 years in Dallas in the early 80's.  In 1984 the 0-11 Bills were playing the mighty Cowboys.  I proudly wore my Bills shirt to the down home country boy breakfast joint, and got a lot of stares, some chuckles.  Oh what a joyous day when we won, against all odds!   Living in Atlanta area the last 29 years but will always be a Bills fan!

9 hours ago, Kwai San said:

MY dream is to get back and have at least a part time place in Sarasota. Lived there 18 years and LOVED it! Gone almost 10 years now. Still get back about once a year. 

Plenty of Bills fans there! 

On 7/23/2019 at 4:15 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Grandbury, Hood County Texas!

Lived there ‘87-‘88. Loved it!

WOW!!! 

Who knew!

Now I did remember you living in the Dallas Fort Worth area but I didn't know about the Granbury part. Man you'd be blown away with how it's grown!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/24/2019 at 3:45 PM, North Buffalo said:

Pay is close, benefits and health coverage unsure of.  Just looked it up. Does FLA protect pre-existing conditions? Maybe after my kids get out of school... I married late and kids are still in High School

I do not know about pre-existing conditions.  With FL being a red state the ACA wasn't adhered too as much as it was in NY.  A fair question indeed.  I am going to have to go back into the workplace soon specifically due to health care.  I got aways to go before I can do the Medicare shuffle.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/24/2019 at 9:23 PM, Augie said:

MY dream is to get back and have at least a part time place in Sarasota. Lived there 18 years and LOVED it! Gone almost 10 years now. Still get back about once a year. 

Plenty of Bills fans there! 

Augie is it CRAZEE how many Bills fans are here.  And Squealers fans too.

Ya I am living the dream in Paradise here.  I live right over by the Sarasota airport.  15 minutes from the beach, 6 minutes from the front door of the airport, 45 mins from St. Pete, now thats a fun place, plenty of microbreweries around me.  A few Bills backers bars.....only thing missing is honest to god authentic Buffalo Wings.  found some places that are OK but everyone seems intent on making the latest greatest "flavor" for their wings.  No one does it like Anchor.

Good luck on your dream!!!

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Augie is it CRAZEE how many Bills fans are here.  And Squealers fans too.

Ya I am living the dream in Paradise here.  I live right over by the Sarasota airport.  15 minutes from the beach, 6 minutes from the front door of the airport, 45 mins from St. Pete, now thats a fun place, plenty of microbreweries around me.  A few Bills backers bars.....only thing missing is honest to god authentic Buffalo Wings.  found some places that are OK but everyone seems intent on making the latest greatest "flavor" for their wings.  No one does it like Anchor.

Good luck on your dream!!!

Not sure about the wings, but try Casa di Pizza off of University Pkwy (Cooper Creek?). Buffalo folks with good pizza, Labatts and Bills bar. Worth a shot for your wing fix. 

• Like (+1) 1