Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

21 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He's grandfathered.   If a new customer calls from Houston today, I believe he will be told that they won't sell tickets to him.  

...why would they do this?....just my wild guess, but do they think that non-regionals may attend one or two games annually and sell remaining tix at a profit?.......

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why would they do this?....just my wild guess, but do they think that non-regionals may attend one or two games annually and sell remaining tix at a profit?.......

That's exactly why.  As someone said, Pats fans will buy season tickets, sell seven games on scalping services, and drive to Buffalo for the Pats.   It assures that for most or all of the season, those seats will be filled with people rooting for the visiting team.  The Bills don't want that.   

They want people to buy those seats who will come to all the games, and that means they want Bills fans in the seats.  

• Like (+1) 1

Born , raised and became a Bills fan in Jamestown N.Y.. went to the rockpile 2 or 3 times. Had seasons for 6 years from 86-91. Have lived in Stamford CT for the last 25 years. Many transplants here being a 45 minute train ride to Manhattan. But majority are Giants, Jets  and Pats fans. A lot of fair weather local fans to say the least. We have a nice little crew here representing!! Were loud and proud!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/19/2019 at 5:09 PM, RocCityRoller said:

Thanksgiving should be fun with the inlaws

It has already started... I can only imagine how much this game is going to be built up over the next 4 months

• Like (+1) 1

Lived in the Richmond area since 2004.  I was expecting more Carolina fans but mostly Redskins and Cowboys, just to be able to argue with the Skins fans.

Couple years ago the Skins moved their training camp from Carlisle PA to Richmond.  Obviously because of the $$$ deal, but I can't think of a more hateful place to locate an NFL summer camp than here.

We usually go out to the W side of Richmond to get to the BILLS bar.

On 7/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, Bubba Gump said:

I was not aware of this. Interesting.

Agreed.  Years ago a few bucks got an ad placed in the newspaper classifieds, with no real guarantee of success in selling.  A few ‘clicks’ on a computer or phone app today, and a third party service snaps them up.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/19/2019 at 1:39 AM, North Buffalo said:

Ah moved down to the bone factory state where people up North go to die...  just kidding... but you have the heat and the hurricanes... I'll take the snow and higher taxes any day...

When you can introduce me to the dude who is shoveling heat and scrapping humidity off his windshield?  THEN we will talk......all I hear is Oh it is so hot....well maybe during the day it is buy guess what?  At night i am outside enjoying the weather.  You my friend are shacked up inside from 5 to 6 months....that I GLADLY traded!!!  Oh and the tax savings?  I get to drink better beers without the agony of the price!  To each his own.....having done the WNY deal from 35 years. I can only say my quality of live improved 110%.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:59 AM, fansince88 said:

Lots are leaving the state for the same reason. Now farmers will be shutting barn doors. It is sad! Im thinking Im out of here when I retire.

Precisely what I did.....I was also lucky enough to retire early due to the lower cost of living down here......the beach is nice....the snow not so...

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:27 PM, Darth Bill said:

I live in Albany area, 300 miles from OP,  and have had seasons for 12 of 16 years i have been here.

I was wondering where the 518 was in this poll, took 8 pages to find someone.  Where’s the Lunch crew?

grew up in S-Ville, south of the stadium, been here for 20+ and have seasons for past 7yrs. If McBeane can’t turn this around 8yrs will be the end of my tix too.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:27 AM, Nick the Greek said:

Syracuse NY is BILLS country! My hometown. 

Southwest Connecticut isn’t. It’s Giants / Jets down here. 

It should be, but I don't think it is right now. A decade's worth of playoff competitiveness under Beane, McDermott, and Allen should change that.

Ideally what would constitute "geographic Bills territory" would be every county in NY state north of Rockland and Westchester, as well as the Golden Horseshoe of Canada. When I say "ideal" Bills territory, I'm referring as much to cultural and socioeconomic similarities with Buffalo as I am with geographic proximity (yes, I realize that many of you will take issue with the Hudson Valley ever being considered Bills territory). It's a bit of a tragedy that the utter incompetence of this organization during the 21st century has meant that the Patriots, Giants, and Steelers have taken over large swaths of what should have otherwise been our young coming-of-age fanbase. I call it a tragedy because it affects things like stadium funding and the long-term viability of the franchise in Buffalo post-Pegulas (which may very well be many decades away).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SNICE said:

I was wondering where the 518 was in this poll, took 8 pages to find someone.  Where’s the Lunch crew?

grew up in S-Ville, south of the stadium, been here for 20+ and have seasons for past 7yrs. If McBeane can’t turn this around 8yrs will be the end of my tix too.

@mead107

13 hours ago, Kwai San said:

When you can introduce me to the dude who is shoveling heat and scrapping humidity off his windshield?  THEN we will talk......all I hear is Oh it is so hot....well maybe during the day it is buy guess what?  At night i am outside enjoying the weather.  You my friend are shacked up inside from 5 to 6 months....that I GLADLY traded!!!  Oh and the tax savings?  I get to drink better beers without the agony of the price!  To each his own.....having done the WNY deal from 35 years. I can only say my quality of live improved 110%.

Precisely what I did.....I was also lucky enough to retire early due to the lower cost of living down here......the beach is nice....the snow not so...

I love the snow... btw tongue in cheek remark.. not into Fla but that is just me... and my thought is raising kids in NY for schools and work benefits... will probably retire in a warmer climate... or a little further north than Fla, though more likely out West... just my preference... to each his own.  Understand wanting to be by the water.  Also I still require a nearby ice rink... not sure about that in Fla.

Edited by North Buffalo

Life long Western New Yorker. 

I have homes here in WNY, SW Florida and Las Vegas.

There are a lot of transplants in SW Florida. The community I live in have a handful of ex Bills and Patriot players,whom I’ve had the pleasure to golf with.

I don’t get the fans who have never lived in WNY claiming their fandom and pain of losing.

I guess it’s because I believe I could never latch onto a team not in my venue, or have the emotional attachment.

I do root for the underdogs, so who am I to judge?

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I love the snow... btw tongue in cheek remark.. not into Fla but that is just me... and my thought is raising kids in NY for schools and work benefits... will probably retire in a warmer climate... or a little further north than Fla, though more likely out West... just my preference... to each his own.  Understand wanting to be by the water.  Also I still require a nearby ice rink... not sure about that in Fla.

Agree about the rink.....Does the Tampa Bay Lightening ring a bell??  Florida Panthers?  Seriously there are beer leagues galore in some areas.....

Employment - what a crazy thing never woulda thought the sheer number of jobs available here....if i wanted to go back to work it would be an easy thing for sure.  I will def get a duffer job at some point....can only go to the beach so often, can't believe I typed that!!!  Lol  Seriously tho there is a plethora of jobs here...

Ya I get it - you either love or hate it.....totally get that.  I really wanted to live in the West too but really like the water aspect over the desert....like you said to each his own.

Edited by Kwai San