Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He's grandfathered.   If a new customer calls from Houston today, I believe he will be told that they won't sell tickets to him.  

He's a pilot and actually flew for the Rich Corp years ago, so I think it probably has more to do with that. He never had the tix before he moved to TX. Not that you would've known that. It helps to have connections apparently. I'll have to ask him some day.

My wife and I were in the Charlotte area when the Bills beat the Packers, 12/14/14.  We watched the game at Tavern on the Tracks and had a great time.  The president of the Bills Backers chapter explained how Erie county was the #1 source of people relocating to Mecklenberg/Union Counties although he said he was from Chautauqua County, specifically Jamestown.  Watching all the people there, many with their families, it struck me that staying close to their team amidst a fervent community of fans in exile was their desperate attempt to stay connected with home.  

It will be interesting to see how they represent in Spartanburg and at the Panthers preseason game.  I'll bet the rest of us notice them.

As for my location, there are many Browns and Steelers fans in the Jamestown area.  I am told that in the 60's the Browns were the featured NFL game most every week and the Steelers great teams of the 70's created a large following.  I'd be interested to know the actual breakdown.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

4 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He's a pilot and actually flew for the Rich Corp years ago, so I think it probably has more to do with that. He never had the tix before he moved to TX. Not that you would've known that. It helps to have connections apparently. I'll have to ask him some day.

It helps to have connections.  I'll say.  

All big events have tickets set aside to take care of people when the need arises.  It's part if a life that most average people never see.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2019 at 11:19 AM, Shaw66 said:

I'm in Connecticut.  Definitely not Bills' territory.

Did you know that the Bills won't sell season tickets to purchasers outside "Bills' territory"?   I think they won't sell to anyone who's address is more than 200 miles from Orchard Park, or something like that.   If you call and ask for season tickets, they start by asking your zip code.  Current season ticket holders are grandfathered.  

They consider such people competition to the scalpers they have on leash.

14 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Where, grew up on Summitt Ave.

Ah moved down to the bone factory state where people up North go to die...  just kidding... but you have the heat and the hurricanes... I'll take the snow and higher taxes any day...

Hartwell Rd... just off Delaware. Lived in NB for about 7 years... grew up out by Darien Lake.

Rochester, so yes, but lived in Eagles and Patriots territory for many years

Nearly moved to the Raliegh-Durham area a year ago to stalk our lost Women's soccer team. ? In retrospect after this World Cup it was a good non-move.

21 hours ago, Jeebus said:

Grew up just outside of Niagara Falls, but currently live in a town about 2hrs East of Dallas.  Mostly cowboy fans here, mixed in with some Texan and Saint fans.  I have come across a stray Bills fan every now and then.   It's a struggle in my house, my wife and her side of the family are all big time cowboy fans

Thanksgiving should be fun with the inlaws

Edited by RocCityRoller

On 7/18/2019 at 11:19 AM, Shaw66 said:

I'm in Connecticut.  Definitely not Bills' territory.

Did you know that the Bills won't sell season tickets to purchasers outside "Bills' territory"?   I think they won't sell to anyone who's address is more than 200 miles from Orchard Park, or something like that.   If you call and ask for season tickets, they start by asking your zip code.  Current season ticket holders are grandfathered.  

I live in Albany area, 300 miles from OP,  and have had seasons for 12 of 16 years i have been here.

Nope...

I live in Puyallup WA.  I grew up in Wyoming.  Went to the university from 98-01.  I joined the army chemical core.  Korea, Fort Bragg, Iraq, Afghanistan, Fort Lewis....

I am now a bills fan, Josh Allen in college was something that I've never seen.  I grew up a Vikings fan... Now I pay more attention to this board and the bills wire.  

Have faith, Josh gets better in year two.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nope, Long Island. It’s giants and jets country. I’ve met some of the most moronic football fans there is. 

They can watch the games at home but still flood bars to watch the game. I have to show up 30-40 minutes earlier to grab some seats for my friends who are Bills fans as well. 

8 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

It's a new decision post pegula to not sell seasons to out of towners

Ralph was cool with it. It's only about 2-3 years old

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, Jeebus said:

Grew up just outside of Niagara Falls, but currently live in a town about 2hrs East of Dallas.  Mostly cowboy fans here, mixed in with some Texan and Saint fans.  I have come across a stray Bills fan every now and then.   It's a struggle in my house, my wife and her side of the family are all big time cowboy fans

My answer is no.

WOW... I'm 75 minutes southwest of Fort Worth in Granbury.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, alton said:

I grew up in Niagara Falls but have lived in the Grand Rapids area of Michigan for 20 years. Most people here are fair-weather Lions fans. 

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time Lion's fans had fair-weather?