Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

16 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Lived in Crotchfester from 1985 till 2018.  Had season tixs from 1985 till 2008.  Now is sunny Florida where there are almost NO taxes compared to King Cuomo's reign.  He made me leave.

Lots are leaving the state for the same reason. Now farmers will be shutting barn doors. It is sad! Im thinking Im out of here when I retire.

4 hours ago, Tsaikotic said:

ok so its not just a south thing then...must be just cuz I grew up in Rochester area which has no big colleges near by...when I moved down here to TN I coudln't believe how much college football ruled over NFL football...I kinda wish NY had that big school to be a fan of

I grew up in Buffalo and I remember everyone I knew loved Notre dame. That was in the 80s, early 90s. Partly because they were really good then and probably the catholic thing. My dad still lives there and still follows ND. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Grew up in Rochester, now live in the North Country.  Is that Bills territory?  It depends on whether Fox is slated to carry the game but decides to broadcast an NFC match up instead.  Had to head to the local sports bar for last year's Lions game.

I'm now in the Rochester area - firmly in Bills territory.  Until several months ago, I was in the "Twin Tiers" area near Bath and Corning.  They are probably 50/50 Bills/Giants.That was the weakest Bills fan area I've ever been in.

16 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Sounds like drugs were involved somewhere along the line.  

Hahaha, nah..never touched any of that stuff...not even a cigarette...

Lots of alcohol in college tho...

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

In Rochester for 30 years but B'lo born & raised. Soon getting out of NYS. Need to get away from high taxes and this increasingly crazy state gov't.

moving to a place without a crazy state gov't will certainly limit your choices!

23 hours ago, WyoRN said:

I live in the original Buffalo Bill's territory,,,, northwest Wyoming.

I live in the other side of Wyoming, the northeast side.  Near Custer’s rash decision:).   I became a Bills fan the moment Josh Allen was drafted by Buffalo.  

16 hours ago, jabu said:

I lived in Allegany County in the 70's. Most people (young and retirees) move away from there, so I'm surprised you moved to there after Rochester and Syracuse. What part?

Houghton - my wife is from the area and still has quite a bit of family here. We both work at the college. 

Born in England, raised in Buffalo, at 18 joined Navy. Came back after a 6 year stint, couldn't find decent work in early 90's. Moved to Chitcago for 8yrs, Vegas for 8 now been in Phoenix for 15. Brains been fried from the heat and a few other things.  Not sure if I could move back cause I'm looking for a sweatshirt when the temp gets down to 70. But everywhere I go its Bill's country. 

On 7/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, Shaw66 said:

Yes, unless they've changed the policy.   

The theory is that the distant season-ticket holders aren't fans, they're investors.  They're buying tickets to scalp on StubHub, etc.   Bills don't want fans of visiting teams to have access to a lot of tickets.  They figure that if someone local is buying the tickets, he's buying them to attend games.   Plus, they want the tickets to sell to real fans when they get good.  If a bunch of NYC guys own season tickets and the Bills and Jets are the two powers in the AFC East in five years, there will be tons of Jets fans at New Era for the Jets game.  McBeane don't want that. 

My friend lives in Houston and has season tickets sent to him every year. 

14 hours ago, Logic said:

Yeah, the bar DOES get less and less busy once the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention. It was nuts in week 17 of the year before, though. That's where I watched the Dalton miracle throw and the Bills breaking the drought, and man, what a scene.

It IS gonna be strange to have the Bills play on Thanksgiving. I've been (half) joking that it's kind of gonna ruin what is otherwise usually an enjoyable, relaxing holiday for me. ?

Gonna watch that one at home. Got NFL Gamepass. Some weeks I do Cheerful Bullpen, some weeks I watch at home. Turkey Day seems like a logical "at home" choice for that one, on account of close proximity to pie. 

Copy that.  Makes sense.  I’ll reach out to you next time I’m in town for a Bills game, I’d love to buy you a beer and a shot of Jameson prior to a Bills win!

On 7/18/2019 at 11:28 AM, CoachT said:

North of Toronto ... soooooo yes?

Thats a tough one.  

I think the GTA (and northern suburbs) have more Bills fans than any other team...but it certainly isn't a majority.  

22 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

My friend lives in Houston and has season tickets sent to him every year. 

He's grandfathered.   If a new customer calls from Houston today, I believe he will be told that they won't sell tickets to him.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Copy that.  Makes sense.  I’ll reach out to you next time I’m in town for a Bills game, I’d love to buy you a beer and a shot of Jameson prior to a Bills win!

Please do! Always nice to meet TBDers.

Generally speaking, the earlier it is in the season, the more likely I am to be at Cheerful Bullpen.

And if you ever need any tips about what to eat/drink/do in Portland, shoot me a message!