Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bills territory/Bills Country. It’s a state of mind more than geology. Born & raised in WNY, been a fan from their inception. I now live in significantly better climate -by choice, but still attend a game live from time to time and my fandom is as rabid as ever.

Why the reason for the inquisition? 

My friend from NT - both of us transplants!

Bills territory/Bills Country. It’s a state of mind more than geology. Born & raised in WNY, been a fan from their inception. I now live in significantly better climate -by choice, but still attend a game live from time to time and my fandom is as rabid as ever.

..inquisition or inquiry?......Mueller said your serious fandom has been called into question......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Now that we understand your geography better, please explain how state of mind relates to geology..... and I agree attending a game live sure beats attending one dead.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.   ?

• Haha (+1) 2

born in Binghamton NY, raised in Wayne County NY, now live in Tennessee (Chattanooga area)...haven't seen another Bills fan since I moved here 2 years ago...have noticed a mix of NFL fans here tho, but mostly college fans.

17 minutes ago, jabu said:

Now that we understand your geography better, please explain how state of mind relates to geology..... and I agree attending a game live sure beats attending one dead.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.   ?

Are you saying Bernie should stay home all weekend and skip the game? 

8 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

born in Binghamton NY, raised in Wayne County NY, now live in Tennessee (Chattanooga area)...haven't seen another Bills fan since I moved here 2 years ago...have noticed a mix of NFL fans here tho, but mostly college fans.

That’s half way for me on my way to Nashville. Come up for the Titans game and you’ll see plenty of Bills fans! 

59 minutes ago, jabu said:

I lived in Allegany County in the 70's. Most people (young and retirees) move away from there, so I'm surprised you moved to there after Rochester and Syracuse. What part?

A fellow I know moved to Allegany County 20 years ago to take a job at what was then Dresser in Wellsville.  Pretty sure the facility is still going even though it is no longer Dresser.  The colleges at Alfred have grown in the last few decades.  Not much in the way of general employment that pays well hence the exodus of youth.  Dairy farming has taken it on the chin as well.  Used to be a cheese plant over at Friendship.  Hurricane Agnes back in 1972 hurt the area economically as well.

I say yes.  Although I live in Brooklyn, I get a kick out of asking Jets' & Giants' fans which state their teams play in.  Technically, there's only one team that calls NY home.

Edited by Buffalo86
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, alton said:

I grew up in Niagara Falls but have lived in the Grand Rapids area of Michigan for 20 years. Most people here are fair-weather Lions fans. 

Also live in GR (We're 2 of about 10 Bills fans in West Michigan that I know of).  I would say most people are Michigan/Michigan State fans out here and the Lions are a distant second.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Obviously had to answer as a “no” in metro Atl, but to be hyper technical, at my house on a half acre I’ve declared a sovereign Bills “fiefdom” where all who enter shall be forced to put up with seeing me wear nonstop Bills gear when I’m present, so...this was not an easy poll answer in retrospect?

Same here.  Bills embassy in Maryland  

• Like (+1) 1

Grew up just outside of Niagara Falls, but currently live in a town about 2hrs East of Dallas.  Mostly cowboy fans here, mixed in with some Texan and Saint fans.  I have come across a stray Bills fan every now and then.   It's a struggle in my house, my wife and her side of the family are all big time cowboy fans

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Pats****** territory. About an hours drive north of Foxboro. My 17 year old son and I declare our house a Bills fan sanctuary. He was born and raised in MA but has been a Bills fan for years. We regularly go to The Harp in Boston, along with a few hundred Bills Backers when not making the 7 hour ride to OP for a game. I am originally from Elmira which is technically central NY but never got into the Giants (my father’s team) and knew no one who liked the Jets...except for some girls who thought Namath was cute. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Originally South Buffalo, now an hour south of DC. Got stationed at Quantico, VA in the late 90's and stayed in the area.

If anyone travels to Northern VA, I highly recommend Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA. It's a great place to watch Bills games, great food (beef on weck, wings, Canadian beer, etc...)

Same here!

Where in VA?

I follow my Bills since 2005 in Stafford VA at Buffalo Moe's.  Great wings but no weck.  I do respect the fact that blue cheese reigns, and there are no ranchers.  The name is misleading since the crowd is mostly Skins and Stiller fans.   I'm a GA boy, but married a Bflo gal and graduated from SUNY.  Our 2 boys became Bills fans too when we lived there in the late 80s  My  youngest son in ATL has told me about the Bills fans there.   

• Like (+1) 1

Welland, Ontario, so I can make it to the stadium in under an hour. And for the first time I’m a season ticket holder. It’s been cheaper to just buy from the secondary market since for most of my adult life. But I’m taking a chance that this is the year and the Jets game will be rocking and tickets won’t be $15 like they typically are.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Where do you watch games in portland?  My in laws live in Tigard and we may be relocating there eventually

The Cheerful Bullpen in downtown Portland. It's the official Bills Backers bar.

It's great. Labbatt Blue on special (not usually available in most places on the west coast, generally speaking), wings, beef on weck, Shout song after every touchdown, raffles and prizes, the whole deal. Only weird part is that games start at 10am on the west coast. That's a great thing in a way, because it allows you to watch the whole game and then still have a Sunday afterwords. Or to watch the early and late games and STILL be done by 4. On the other hand, it means you're ordering a beer with your morning omelette at about 9:30. Or I mean...I guess you could just NOT order a beer with breakfast, but....ya know.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1