Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

Born and raised between Buffalo and Rochester. Moved to NC in my early 20's. Returned late 30's. Left again early 40's. And now call central PA home. Still only a 3.5 hour drive to get home for a visit and a game. Or as old people say, a nice Sunday drive

• Like (+1) 1

Born and raised in WNY; lived in or around downtown Buffalo from the mid nineties until 2005. 

I hedged on whether or not I currently live in Bills territory. By zip code it's New Orleans, but I live 6 blocks from the local Bills backers bar, so...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tisker A Tasker said:

It was the BEST!  Most of the falcons fans who were there weren't even watching the game

That was my first time in the new stadium. I think all the Falcons fans were in line for cheap beer and hot dogs at the concession stands! They backed up like the Bills restrooms! The difference is....... I can give up and skip the snacks, which I did at least twice. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I live about 5 minutes from the stadium. 

I’m genuinely shocked by this thread with how few people are from Buffalo.  Not in a negative way, just didn’t realize how spread out the members are. 

3 hours ago, Stenbar said:

I reside in the Town of Tonawanda. I am eating my lunch watching hole number 4 at Brighton Golf Course...

As a very young kid I lived in the Town of Tonawanda and used to love Brighton Donuts. You mentioning "Brighton" Golf Course reminded me of them. Are they still there? Maybe @oldmanfan would remember them.

18 minutes ago, elijah said:

I’m genuinely shocked by this thread with how few people are from Buffalo.  Not in a negative way, just didn’t realize how spread out the members are. 

If you live in any there are lot of ways to get your Bills fix.  Not so if you live someplace else.  That's why there are so many out of towners here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, elijah said:

I have found Bills bars in NYC, DC, Bastan, TX, Cali, Seattle and having driven across country 5 times... bumper stickers and people with shirts and hats... literally we are everywhere... even in Europe 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Face the facts..does anything compare to our experience?????

Maybe Green Bay...Kansas City as well.

I haven’t been to KC, but Green Bay is pretty cool. It’s in the middle of a residential neighborhood. When you start getting close to the stadium, the houses have signs in the yard saying “Park and Pee - $20”. As you get closer, the prices go up. You can park in the yard and party there, then use either the bathroom in the house or the porta potties in the yard. It’s......”unique”, as far as I’ve seen.  My generous host said he rented from a young guy who had 2-3 houses around the stadium and he covered his expenses on that small number of home game rentals every year. Pretty nice house, too! 

I’d also throw in Nashville as high on the fun list. The tailgate is not nearly as wild, but it’s a good setup, and post game you take the pedestrian bridge into downtown to explore the adult play land of options for drink, food and music. Last time we sat next to an elderly couple at the stadium, probably pushing 80. I thought she might bake me cookies....until the game started and she started cussing like a sailor! Took me by surprise! But their fans are certainly tame compared to our crowd. 

Bottom line, we also are unique - and the best for my money! 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, elijah said:

I’m not surprised by how many people are not currently from Buffalo, but the people who were never from Buffalo I find interesting. 

Living in Atlanta so many people are transient, usually coming here for work. People often stick with what they grew up with. I know I did. I can’t say I know a real Falcons fan, but you occasionally see some gear around town. People tend to have a college team here. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, elijah said:

Makes sense though. We can't talk about the Bills "around the water cooler" so we have to come here to get our fix.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, elijah said:

I've been in buffalo my whole life but I figured it be tons of outta towners

Bills fans not in Bills country have to come here to talk Bills

I can scream the shout song out my window when the Bills score and my neighbors will shout it back

Just different here

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've been in buffalo my whole life but I figured it be tons of outta towners

Bills fans not in Bills country have to come here to talk Bills

I can scream the shout song out my window when the Bills score and my neighbors will shout it back

Just different here

You’re right! I’m in Atlanta, and my next door neighbor is from Tonawanda. If I scream the Shout song out the window.....the other neighbors might try to have me committed. She would just laugh as they pulled up to take me away!   ?

3 hours ago, ctetta said:

In Allegany County it's definitely Bills country. Same for when I was growing up in Rochester. When I lived in Syracuse it seemed evenly split among Bills, Jets and Giants. 

I lived in Allegany County in the 70's. Most people (young and retirees) move away from there, so I'm surprised you moved to there after Rochester and Syracuse. What part?