Do you live in what is geographically considered Bills territory?

Do you live in Bills territory?  

334 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live in Bills territory?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Obviously had to answer as a “no” in metro Atl, but to be hyper technical, at my house on a half acre I’ve declared a sovereign Bills “fiefdom” where all who enter shall be forced to put up with seeing me wear nonstop Bills gear when I’m present, so...this was not an easy poll answer in retrospect?

So a sovereign state like Petoria? Love it.

Image result for petoria

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Syracuse is a mix of fans from most teams, so I answered No. Even the Bills have pulled back a lot from years ago with their advertising and events from the area. 

Doesn't matter, you're in the geographic "market" so the answer is yes.  You're answering a different question than the one asked.

Buffalo until January of 1980, back and forth between Panthers turf (North Carolina) and Titans turf (Tennessee); since 1980 I have listened to and watched some historical Bills wins and moments in some pretty strange places globally and using some odd mediums. 

• Like (+1) 1

I live in the Atl area.  Have lived here since getting out of college in 1987.  However, I have not missed a Bills game since the meaningless season finale in 1994.  Hale to the NFL Sunday Ticket.  Since Atlanta is such a transient city, there are fans here for every team in the NFL.  That is pretty cool.  (And of course many Bills fans!!)  And to be honest the Southeast and Atlanta Metro is a much bigger college football area then NFL.  A college football Saturday in the deep South is something to be hold.  

• Like (+1) 4

36 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Grew up in the Town of Tonawanda, but now live in Carmel IN just north of Indy. Not many Bills fans around here but we're vocal!

Indianapolis is a great football town! Watched some college football there years ago and enjoyed myself!

12 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes, unless they've changed the policy.   

The theory is that the distant season-ticket holders aren't fans, they're investors.  They're buying tickets to scalp on StubHub, etc.   Bills don't want fans of visiting teams to have access to a lot of tickets.  They figure that if someone local is buying the tickets, he's buying them to attend games.   Plus, they want the tickets to sell to real fans when they get good.  If a bunch of NYC guys own season tickets and the Bills and Jets are the two powers in the AFC East in five years, there will be tons of Jets fans at New Era for the Jets game.  McBeane don't want that. 

I wonder how many local season ticket holders buy more than they need so they can have their cake and eat it, too.

I have absolutely ZERO problem with season ticket holders making money on extra tickets, by the way.

If the Pegulas want more Bills fans to buy them or for more Bills fans to come to the games, then it's up to them to put a better product on the field.

Edited by Gugny

48 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yes...born here then was out of the area for about 12 years in college and the years after but have been back since and have no plans of leaving...

Cause I love that dirty water...ohhhhh Buffalo your my home!

for about 12 years in college

Damn bro  12 years? 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

I tended to think of that as more Giants country.  My aunt that married into the family was from there and her whole family were Giants fans 

My dad's family are from Utica.  Its Giants country.  In the 90s is was definitely disputed territory though. 

58 minutes ago, jabu said:

Nope, Roswell, GA which is north of Atlanta. There are plenty of Bills fans here in the metro and we were heard loud and clear at the Falcons-Bills game here. Matt Ryan even said, "I guess the Bills mafia is real."

That game was so much fun.

Also, definitely NOT photoshopped! 

56 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

I'm from Syracuse and in my experience it seems 50/50 Bills & Giants. I knew one Jets fan at my old job but that's about it

I think of the Jets as being a Long Island thing. I don't think it goes much into upstate or NJ.

Grew up in Rochester, live on my sail boat, between Groton Ct and George Town Bahamas. 

Go Bills !!!

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Syracuse is a mix of fans from most teams, so I answered No. Even the Bills have pulled back a lot from years ago with their advertising and events from the area. 

We have a lot of 'cuse fans here in wny...we get all of the games on the radio and the local tv coverage.

Pacific Northwest all my life.... Puyallup WA if you want to get specific..... been trying to convert some of these Seahawks fans to Bills fans, haven’t changed anyone over yet.... but trying to turn this into Bills country as well

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Grew up in the Town of Tonawanda, but now live in Carmel IN just north of Indy. Not many Bills fans around here but we're vocal!

I reside in the Town of Tonawanda. I am eating my lunch watching hole number 4 at Brighton Golf Course...

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm in Connecticut.  Definitely not Bills' territory.

Did you know that the Bills won't sell season tickets to purchasers outside "Bills' territory"?   I think they won't sell to anyone who's address is more than 200 miles from Orchard Park, or something like that.   If you call and ask for season tickets, they start by asking your zip code.  Current season ticket holders are grandfathered.  

Spent some time there. Only good thing was NY and CT broadcast got me four Bills games a year. If they played the Giants it was an added bonus! Now I have D TV but in those days it did not exist.