2. I saw a headline,
  3. I posted it. 
  4. Someone suggested I start a thread and
  5. I did. 

a heptad of responses:

a. I saw a thread

b. I read the comments in the original post

c. I read the article that was linked

d. I questioned the connection between the article and the comments made about it

e. I stated my point of view, while also taking a tongue-in-cheek stab at BM's douchiness, by posting on a message board designed for exactly that

f.  if a messenger leads me to infer unrelated things about whatever it is they're delivering

g. bang

• Haha (+1) 1

Win games (against a decent team), then talk.  It’s like white noise now, he yaps so much. If the highlight of your season (as described to annoying Mina Kimes)  is beating that carcass of a Bengals team that was lying around at the end of 2018 (Jeff Driskel at QB!) you need to get your ***** together. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Baker Mayfield thought the Patriots would trade up to draft him

OK.  I was going to leave this buried in the generic Around the NFL thread but after the comments it seems this may be a HOT topic 

Is Baker being a douchebag or not?  

He's holding a grudge against Hue ...  after less than half a season?  

Why? Because he let Tyrod start the season for the Browns?  

Douchebag for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I am just glad the Patriots didn't get him.  If they did, that dynasty would go on for another 15 years.

Hap, just wait for it.  it is going to be the Colts all over again.

The Pats last season with Brady will be about 11-5, 12-4.  The next season without they will be even worse than what they should be.  They will go from being AFC East Champs to literally being the worst team in the League, almost inexplicably, at 2-14.  They will get the first pick and low and behold it won't just be a QB, but rather a generational type talent that is un-denied by all.  Then, this rookie will...inexplicably...be just good enough to take the previous years 2-14 team to 13-3 and home field advantage all the way through the playoffs.

...they will be bad for one single season.

I hate life.

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Hap, just wait for it.  it is going to be the Colts all over again.

The Pats last season with Brady will be about 11-5, 12-4.  The next season without they will be even worse than what they should be.  They will go from being AFC East Champs to literally being the worst team in the League, almost inexplicably, at 2-14.  They will get the first pick and low and behold it won't just be a QB, but rather a generational type talent that is un-denied by all.  Then, this rookie will...inexplicably...be just good enough to take the previous years 2-14 team to 13-3 and home field advantage all the way through the playoffs.

...they will be bad for one single season.

I hate life.

How many times can a team catch lightning in a bottle?  They may have (correctly) figured that Brady would be good, but they couldn't have seen this run.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

How many times can a team catch lightning in a bottle?  They may have (correctly) figured that Brady would be good, but they couldn't have seen this run.

They had no idea that Brady could even make it in the league.  You don't take a guy in the late-6th round, much less from a premier college program, if you think he'll turn out to be even a backup QB.

As for replacing him, I agree with you.  We'll see if it's that easy.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oh boy ....  

Baker Mayfield’s defense of Odell Beckham tears down Giants ...

“He’s here to work, and he wants to be surrounded by people who love and support him and allow him to be himself,” Mayfield said. “He’s here to play in front of fans who actually care, who will actually show up to every game and pack the stadium and love him for who he is.”

Oh OBJ 

“I just felt with the Giants I was just stuck at a place that wasn’t working for me anymore,” Beckham told Complex UK recently. “I felt like I wasn’t going to be able to reach my full potential there — mentally, physically, spiritually, everything I felt capable of doing, I just couldn’t see it happening there. So I think allowing me to be in an environment where I can be myself and give it a different approach, I feel like my football will benefit.”

Quit being an asshat and the mental and spiritual growth will come 

He was targeted a ridiculous over 450 times in 3 years, never starting 16 games because of "ailments" and had only a 50 catch %,  guy needs to learn to hold on to the ball, especially in crunch time he is severely not prime time.  Watch BO throw Baker under the bus as soon as BO fails.  Watched him too long in NYC... called him garbage time.

13 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

He was targeted a ridiculous over 450 times in 3 years, never starting 16 games because of "ailments" and had only a 50 catch %,  guy needs to learn to hold on to the ball, especially in crunch time he is severely not prime time.  Watch BO throw Baker under the bus as soon as BO fails.  Watched him too long in NYC... called him garbage time.

OBJ=BO.     ? 

8 hours ago, transient said:

Two things:

1) I fail to see what this report has to do with the Hue Jackson nonsense, or why it would even be considered controversial.  This bland, vague article doesn't even quote Mayfield directly, it just states that up until at least the day before the draft he didn't know the Browns were picking him, and that he thought the Pats*** would trade up to 2 per his agent if he didn't get drafted first overall.

2) It's Baker Mayfield, so while there's is nothing inherently douchy in the Yahoo report, of course he's a being douchebag.  It's like asking if Chance the Snapper was being a reptile or not when they found him hanging out in Humbolt Park in Chi town.

two things

1. BM has the perfect initials.  

2. I am so happy he is not a Bill.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

His mouth is bigger than his arm. 

To be fair though I’d imagine the guy is hassled by reporters 24/7 and asked a million questions it’s probably easy to get trapped into controversial quotes sometimes.

I still don’t like him 

He's the same guy who admitted having an enemy list of journalists who wrote negative stories about him.

13 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

OK.  I was going to leave this buried in the generic Around the NFL thread but after the comments it seems this may be a HOT topic 

How does this:

"Mayfield told ESPN that before draft day, he didn’t know he was the Browns’ pick — and that he actually thought the Browns were going to pass on him, and the Patriots would trade up to take him at No. 2 overall."

bring about a discussion of him possibly being a douche bag? He did not say he wanted to be drafted by them. In fact, he is being marginally modest by saying he didnt expect to be picked #1

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Baker is a douche definitely.  He is also a pretty good QB so he is aloud to be a douche.  I cant wait to see Cleveland pick high in the draft again after that team implodes.  They should have never traded for OBJ.  Far too many egos on that team.

53 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

How does this:

"Mayfield told ESPN that before draft day, he didn’t know he was the Browns’ pick — and that he actually thought the Browns were going to pass on him, and the Patriots would trade up to take him at No. 2 overall."

bring about a discussion of him possibly being a douche bag? He did not say he wanted to be drafted by them. In fact, he is being marginally modest by saying he didnt expect to be picked #1

It doesnt, however Baker being a douche equates to Baker being a douche.  He is a little too cocky after only one season.   I do think he will have a great career though.

I'm probably the biggest Baker Mayfield fan on this whole site, as I'm a die-hard SOONERS fan.  So yes, I was hoping we got him, however it had to happen.  I knew it probably wasn't going to happen, and hated it when we weren't able to trade up to get him.

Being in Sooner-land (blessed be!), I got to watch every game he ever played in (including while at Tech).  The guy is NOT a douchebag.  He's an EXTREME competitor, and makes note of every slight against him.   He has that win-at-any-cost mentality, and sometimes that can get one in trouble (the planting the flag was bad optics, but for good reason, if you know the story behind it).

I wish we'd have been able to get him, but hopefully JA makes that a moot point :)  (and I think he will!!!)  But I think Baker will make Cleveland fans happy for a couple decades.

I don't buy a jersey every year, but I have my authentic blue Allen jersey ready to go!  I think those two, along with Mahomes, will be the QB triplet that we talk about for the next 10-15 years, like we have Brees, Rivers, and Brady the last decade+.

Edited by TtownBillsFan
typed Phillips, corrected to Phillip Rivers
  • Like (+1) 1