Baker Mayfield thought the Patriots would trade up to draft him

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Baker Mayfield thought the Patriots would trade up to draft him

OK.  I was going to leave this buried in the generic Around the NFL thread but after the comments it seems this may be a HOT topic 

Is Baker being a douchebag or not?  

He's holding a grudge against Hue ...  after less than half a season?  

Why? Because he let Tyrod start the season for the Browns?  

...endorsement deal from Massengill would be a perfect fit..........

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sports media sucks.  If he answers the question (based on information from his agent-the guy in the know), he is a loud mouth.  If he doesn't answer, he is a robot and giving non-answers. 

ALL NEWS MEDIA sucks nowadays. It's all sensationalism 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

His mouth is bigger than his arm. 

To be fair though I’d imagine the guy is hassled by reporters 24/7 and asked a million questions it’s probably easy to get trapped into controversial quotes sometimes.

I still don’t like him 

I used to think he was a giant (or little douche). But he is really good, really good.  He’s the next Brees.  

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

The Bills @ Browns game is one I'm really looking forward to. Looking like both teams have their franchise QB.

Maybe even the Jets have theirs too and of course the Dolphins have Rosen ?

Insane to say any of this at this point. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

So why did he think this? Do I have to read the article ...because Mina Kimes annoys me for some reason. Is it coming from her Espn mag story on him? 

I hate cute, funny girls too. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

What super good qb doesn’t have an ego?  My understanding is Jim Kelly was Baker on steroids.

Agreed but I still don't care much for "BM" s attitude and not just this quote either.  

5 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

Agreed but I still don't care much for "BM" s attitude and not just this quote either.  

Fair but if he was doing a bunch of blow, partying into the morning during SB week, and being awful to women (allegedly)?  Baker talks a lot but besides getting dropped by that cop, what bad stuff has he really done?

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They had two firsts 

Two low firsts..23 and 31... 

Giving up a hell of a lot more to get to number 2...

There was speculation of what the Bills( they had two firsts as well)  had to give up to get from 12 to 2 and it was insane...Doubt it was possible for  the Patriots  to able to get there..

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Is Baker being a douchebag or not?  

He's holding a grudge against Hue ...  after less than half a season?  

Why? Because he let Tyrod start the season for the Browns?  

Two things:

1) I fail to see what this report has to do with the Hue Jackson nonsense, or why it would even be considered controversial.  This bland, vague article doesn't even quote Mayfield directly, it just states that up until at least the day before the draft he didn't know the Browns were picking him, and that he thought the Pats*** would trade up to 2 per his agent if he didn't get drafted first overall.

2) It's Baker Mayfield, so while there's is nothing inherently douchy in the Yahoo report, of course he's a being douchebag.  It's like asking if Chance the Snapper was being a reptile or not when they found him hanging out in Humbolt Park in Chi town.

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, transient said:

Two things:

1) I fail to see what this report has to do with the Hue Jackson nonsense, or why it would even be considered controversial.  This bland, vague article doesn't even quote Mayfield directly, it just states that up until at least the day before the draft he didn't know the Browns were picking him, and that he thought the Pats*** would trade up to 2 per his agent if he didn't get drafted first overall.

2) It's Baker Mayfield, so while there's is nothing inherently douchy in the Yahoo report, of course he's a being douchebag.  It's like asking if Chance the Snapper was being a reptile or not when they found him hanging out in Humbolt Park in Chi town.

a few things:

1. Don't shoot the messenger.   
  2. I saw a headline,
  3. I posted it. 
  4. Someone suggested I start a thread and
  5. I did. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I wanted to like the Browns after so many years of struggling.  However...

The personality of the Browns' players are wearing on me... between the cockyness of Mayfield and the me-first attitude of OBJ, I find it really hard to like this team.  Just another team to add to my hate list, topped by the Pats*.

Edited by Forward Progress
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I wanted to like the Browns after so many years of struggling.  However...

The personality of the Browns' players are wearing on me... between the cockyness of Mayfield and the me-first attitude of OBJ, I find it really hard to like this team.  Just another team to add to my hate list, topped by the Pats*.

When they aren’t on your team, they are d bags and cocky.  When they are on your team, it’s swagger and confidence.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Belichick would never put up with BM's mouth.  Gronkowski was a party boy but never really spouted off his mouth throwing other people and teams under the bus.

Who has Mayfield thrown under the bus?

7 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I wanted him before the draft and still would take him on the bills to this day. I’d take Baker over Allen ??‍♂️

I thought he was a d bag and his height made me nervous.  But barring a major injury, he looks like he is going to be a star.  

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I thought he was a d bag and his height made me nervous.  But barring a major injury, he looks like he is going to be a star.  

I like his persona tbh. I felt as an organization, the bills have lacked some of what we brings. That attitude to back up his ***** talk. He talks the talk and has shown he’s going to be able to walk the walk. 

I had visions of him planting a Bills flag in the middle of Gillette stadium ?

• Like (+1) 4