Do you expect better preseason games

I actually kind of enjoy pre-season games...at least the first 3.  You follow the teams moves all off-season, and you start to think about players they added...my curiosity is piqued, even though a lot of the guys end up getting cut.  This pre-season I am really looking forward to seeing Tyree Jackson, Duke Williams and TJ Yeldon.  Jackson will be particularly interesting to me.  And of course, I want to see a few nice plays from Allen...but not too many.  Keep that kid healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree with the OP. I too like to see my team win whenever they suit up. To me, it gives reason for optimism. Wether it be evaluating depth players, game management, or anything to do with the team. I understand that the W-L record during the preseason is last thing to factor in, if at all. IMO it shows that the team can work together and execute the most basic of schemes and perform. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2019 at 9:35 PM, Wnybricky said:

Hey man that’s fair. Just seems like for years now we have been making the 3rd string Lions Qb Look like Joe Montana.

So,how often,in the regular season,is our 3rd string defense going to play against a 3rd string QB? The REGULAR season is what matters.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:22 PM, buffaloboyinATL said:

Yes, and I expect the Pro Bowl to be awesome this year too!  

How’s that new property in the Everglades you bought?  ?

On 7/18/2019 at 2:11 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think you can actually tel a lot from pre-season.  When Rex was coach there were ominous signs during pre-season games, miscommunication, late substitutions, mis-use of the replay....and he actually  tried to win them

Wait, that was his regular season modus operandi as well.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:52 PM, Wnybricky said:

The past 2 years it always seemed like we were getting blown out later on in preseason games. I think this is a direct result of the lack of depth the team has had due to the cap situation. I never like to watch my team lose. I know it doesn’t matter and there is other factors at play that may for the team be more important. Do you expect this year for the Bills to be more competitive in the preseason matchups?

I think it's a result of the Bills not taking them seriously, and using them to evaluate depth players.

I think it's possible the roster is a bit more set and we may use them more to teach the game, which would be a Good Thing, but whether we're competitive or not...Meh

On 7/17/2019 at 11:52 PM, Wnybricky said:

The past 2 years it always seemed like we were getting blown out later on in preseason games. I think this is a direct result of the lack of depth the team has had due to the cap situation. I never like to watch my team lose. I know it doesn’t matter and there is other factors at play that may for the team be more important. Do you expect this year for the Bills to be more competitive in the preseason matchups?

You care about winning and losing in preseason games? You’re serious? I can’t begin to fathom that but if you are serious then yes I think this year will be better based on the number of quality signings the team has made.

But really what you should care about, the only thing, is getting the starters and significant role players through these farces healthy and whole for the regular season. 

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You care about winning and losing in preseason games? You’re serious? I can’t begin to fathom that but if you are serious then yes I think this year will be better based on the number of quality signings the team has made.

But really what you should care about, the only thing, is getting the starters and significant role players through these farces healthy and whole for the regular season. 

I am serious. I like football. I know it doesn’t matter and that the games are glorified practice. I find it odd that guys will be on here all offseason talking about who they think will be the 6th receiver on the team or TE or RB depth and then want to tune out when they get to showcase their skills and try to make a life

for themselves. I also have a lot of friends from all over the country and it is fun to rib them when we beat them even in the preseason. It is even funnier to tease them over preseason games because they don’t count. I also like to see the Bills win. I think the overall depth of the team has improved and we will have a competitive training camp. I think guys will be thinking they have a shot to make the team. Obviously you don’t want anyone hurt and obviously the teams starters need cohesion. People here spend hours writing up topics on the team and then talk about going and mowing their lawns and not watching it all play out... that’s very strange to me. 

35 minutes ago, Wnybricky said:

I am serious. I like football. I know it doesn’t matter and that the games are glorified practice. I find it odd that guys will be on here all offseason talking about who they think will be the 6th receiver on the team or TE or RB depth and then want to tune out when they get to showcase their skills and try to make a life

for themselves. I also have a lot of friends from all over the country and it is fun to rib them when we beat them even in the preseason. It is even funnier to tease them over preseason games because they don’t count. I also like to see the Bills win. I think the overall depth of the team has improved and we will have a competitive training camp. I think guys will be thinking they have a shot to make the team. Obviously you don’t want anyone hurt and obviously the teams starters need cohesion. People here spend hours writing up topics on the team and then talk about going and mowing their lawns and not watching it all play out... that’s very strange to me. 

Do  you use Scotts 4-step?  I do, but I'm late putting the Summer Guard down.  I'd do it tomorrow, but it's gonna be too hot.  Do you bag when you mow?  I don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do  you use Scotts 4-step?  I do, but I'm late putting the Summer Guard down.  I'd do it tomorrow, but it's gonna be too hot.  Do you bag when you mow?  I don't.

That’s pretty funny. I have some issues with fire ants so any advice you have there would be helpful. As far as the rest of it goes I have my own business so by the time I mow I am just trying to get it done. Appreciate your passion. Horticulture is a under appreciated science. 

5 minutes ago, Wnybricky said:

That’s pretty funny. I have some issues with fire ants so any advice you have there would be helpful. As far as the rest of it goes I have my own business so by the time I mow I am just trying to get it done. Appreciate your passion. Horticulture is a under appreciated science. 

I'd rather have a nice looking lawn than have the Bills win a preseason game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1