Howard Stern Wants OJ Simpson Thrown Off Twitter; Interviews Kim Goldman

FYI - Kim Goldman was a guest on Howard Stern today and shared her POV about O.J. Simpson’s comments on Twitter.  

This led to Howard ranting on OJ’s Twitter account:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/howard-stern-wants-oj-simpson-kicked-twitter-1224935

A lot of people joked about OJ being on Twitter.  This interview shows the gravity of a very sad situation:

1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I love Howard and can’t  say enough great things about what he has done in his career BUT... it seems a tad bit hypocritical of him to want to silence anyone considering the years he spent playing the free speech card when he was getting harassed by the FCC.

Twitter is a private company and can do whatever they want. Especially to a murderer and convicted criminal. There are plenty of people who have been banned from Twitter.

The FCC is a government entity, and the Government can NOT infringe on free speech. Especially when it's just fart and dick jokes.

Two completely different situations.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I love Howard and can’t  say enough great things about what he has done in his career BUT... it seems a tad bit hypocritical of him to want to silence anyone considering the years he spent playing the free speech card when he was getting harassed by the FCC.

Bingo

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Twitter is a private company and can do whatever they want. Especially to a murderer and convicted criminal. There are plenty of people who have been banned from Twitter.

The FCC is a government entity, and the Government can NOT infringe on free speech. Especially when it's just fart and dick jokes.

I am actually not saying Twitter has to allow any user on their private platform. My point (and I hate to even get into this because I love Howard) is that it is a bit hypocritical of Howard Stern to use the philosophy of free speech when it is to his advantage but then want someone else silenced. He has given a platform to people like the Westboro Baptist church as well as an evil racist like Daniel Carver so it does go beyond just sophomoric humor. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Free speech is free speech, on any platform. Across any playing field you put it on.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Free speech is free speech, on any platform. Across any playing field you put it on.

No, it's really not.

You don't have the right to say whatever you want, and you certainly don't have the right to do it without consequences. You just have the right not to be imprissioned or sanctioned by the government for it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

1,000% this

I listen to Howard everyday. I consider myself a huge fan but agree. CLEARLY, Howard hates OJ (and that’s fine). It’s tough for him to talk about silencing anyone though. He has made a career on free speech.

49 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, it's really not.

You don't have the right to say whatever you want, and you certainly don't have the right to do it without consequences. You just have the right not to be imprissioned or sanctioned by the government for it.

I think the term "free" is lost on you.

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Nah, I have a firm grasp of it.

Remind me in the first amendment where it discusses Twitter terms and services.

If you really had a firm grasp of the 1st Amendment,  you wouldn't have written the 2nd sentence.

• Like (+1) 1