Jump to content
Phil The Thrill

Howard Stern Wants OJ Simpson Thrown Off Twitter; Interviews Kim Goldman

Recommended Posts

FYI - Kim Goldman was a guest on Howard Stern today and shared her POV about O.J. Simpson’s comments on Twitter.  

 

 

This led to Howard ranting on OJ’s Twitter account:

 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/howard-stern-wants-oj-simpson-kicked-twitter-1224935

 

A lot of people joked about OJ being on Twitter.  This interview shows the gravity of a very sad situation:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard OJ wants Howard kicked off so feeling is mutual.  

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Limeaid said:

I heard OJ wants Howard kicked off so feeling is mutual.  

 

 

....let's bring back Don Imus so Howard has a fellow polluter.....maybe even Artie.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following Tim Graham on twitter, he seems like he was mentioned here?  I thought he was actually on the show, but I guess not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Howard and can’t  say enough great things about what he has done in his career BUT... it seems a tad bit hypocritical of him to want to silence anyone considering the years he spent playing the free speech card when he was getting harassed by the FCC.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard played solidly to the most racist tropes and skits throughout the whole trial.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I love Howard and can’t  say enough great things about what he has done in his career BUT... it seems a tad bit hypocritical of him to want to silence anyone considering the years he spent playing the free speech card when he was getting harassed by the FCC.

 

Twitter is a private company and can do whatever they want. Especially to a murderer and convicted criminal. There are plenty of people who have been banned from Twitter.

 

The FCC is a government entity, and the Government can NOT infringe on free speech. Especially when it's just fart and dick jokes.

 

Two completely different situations.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I love Howard and can’t  say enough great things about what he has done in his career BUT... it seems a tad bit hypocritical of him to want to silence anyone considering the years he spent playing the free speech card when he was getting harassed by the FCC.

Bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Twitter is a private company and can do whatever they want. Especially to a murderer and convicted criminal. There are plenty of people who have been banned from Twitter.

 

The FCC is a government entity, and the Government can NOT infringe on free speech. Especially when it's just fart and dick jokes.

 

Two completely different situations.

I am actually not saying Twitter has to allow any user on their private platform. My point (and I hate to even get into this because I love Howard) is that it is a bit hypocritical of Howard Stern to use the philosophy of free speech when it is to his advantage but then want someone else silenced. He has given a platform to people like the Westboro Baptist church as well as an evil racist like Daniel Carver so it does go beyond just sophomoric humor. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Twitter is a private company and can do whatever they want. Especially to a murderer and convicted criminal. There are plenty of people who have been banned from Twitter.

 

The FCC is a government entity, and the Government can NOT infringe on free speech. Especially when it's just fart and dick jokes.

 

Two completely different situations.

Free speech is free speech, on any platform. Across any playing field you put it on.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Free speech is free speech, on any platform. Across any playing field you put it on.

No, it's really not.

You don't have the right to say whatever you want, and you certainly don't have the right to do it without consequences. You just have the right not to be imprissioned or sanctioned by the government for it.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I love Howard and can’t  say enough great things about what he has done in his career BUT... it seems a tad bit hypocritical of him to want to silence anyone considering the years he spent playing the free speech card when he was getting harassed by the FCC.

1,000% this

 

I listen to Howard everyday. I consider myself a huge fan but agree. CLEARLY, Howard hates OJ (and that’s fine). It’s tough for him to talk about silencing anyone though. He has made a career on free speech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My heart goes out to the Goodman’s.  Howard is not funny anymore. He & O.J need to just go away.

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, it's really not.

You don't have the right to say whatever you want, and you certainly don't have the right to do it without consequences. You just have the right not to be imprissioned or sanctioned by the government for it.

I think the term "free" is lost on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I think the term "free" is lost on you.

I think the understanding of the meaning of the First Amendment is lost on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think the understanding of the meaning of the First Amendment is lost on you.

Nah, I have a firm grasp of it.

 

Remind me in the first amendment where it discusses Twitter terms and services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Nah, I have a firm grasp of it.

 

Remind me in the first amendment where it discusses Twitter terms and services.

If you really had a firm grasp of the 1st Amendment,  you wouldn't have written the 2nd sentence.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, klos63 said:

If you really had a firm grasp of the 1st Amendment,  you wouldn't have written the 2nd sentence.

So, what you are saying is, it's not in the first amendment? Gotcha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

So, what you are saying is, it's not in the first amendment? Gotcha 

Shocking that the brilliant founders neglected to mention Twitter in the amendment. I wonder if they were worried we'd be too stupid to figure out who the gov't is and isn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Shocking that the brilliant founders neglected to mention Twitter in the amendment. I wonder if they were worried we'd be too stupid to figure out who the gov't is and isn't?

I never once brought the government into it. My stance is you are inherently able say and or express your self, without anyone person or entity to infringe upon that. Idc if it's over the radio or on a social media platform. Deplatforming people creates very dangerous precedents. Simple as that. You can try whatever mental gymnastics you want to convince me otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I never once brought the government into it. My stance is you are inherently able say and or express your self, without anyone person or entity to infringe upon that. Idc if it's over the radio or on a social media platform. Deplatforming people creates very dangerous precedents. Simple as that. You can try whatever mental gymnastics you want to convince me otherwise. 

No mental gymnastics involved, the topic was free speech, you don't understand the laws pertaining to free speech and you continually demonstrate that fact.  Start swearing on the this site and see how long you last. You can get banned and the administrators have every right to do so.  I understand your point, but I don't think you totally get how it works.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I never once brought the government into it. My stance is you are inherently able say and or express your self, without anyone person or entity to infringe upon that. Idc if it's over the radio or on a social media platform. Deplatforming people creates very dangerous precedents. Simple as that. You can try whatever mental gymnastics you want to convince me otherwise. 

That's not entirely true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, it's really not.

You don't have the right to say whatever you want, and you certainly don't have the right to do it without consequences. You just have the right not to be imprissioned or sanctioned by the government for it.

 

Is an old man like Stern failing to “get the internet” grounds for censorship?

 

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The genius of this media is that Richard Dawkins can try to fight back against 1,500 responses of “your a dick” before packing it in

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...