Notre Dame Cathedral Fire

TSNBDSC

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure you meant this for a different area of the forum... unless this is a super deep football metaphor that is so subtle  it’s almost undetectable. 

.....I'd bet "Touchdown Jesus" hand a hand it in...hence football..........:thumbsup:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure you meant this for a different area of the forum... unless this is a super deep football metaphor that is so subtle  it’s almost undetectable. 

Touchdown Jesus survived the fire.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Haha (+1) 2

The person who put a new employee, unsupervised, on the fire alarm/dispatch board needs to be fired!

Most old churches have wood roofs.   St Patrick's in NYC is called the lumber yard by the fire inspectors.  But it has a fire suppression system that could slow or stop a problem till the FD got there..

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

The person who put a new employee, unsupervised, on the fire alarm/dispatch board needs to be fired!

Most old churches have wood roofs.   St Patrick's in NYC is called the lumber yard by the fire inspectors.  But it has a fire suppression system that could slow or stop a problem till the FD got there..

It's not just churches, many old, especially historic building can be extreme fire hazards because they are Wood framed and that old lumber is dry. Churches are more common because many are very old buildings and they don't have the budgets for constant extensive upkeep. You also run into historical/heritage groups that argue about having to install sprinklers or other suppression systems in because they would take away from the historical value of the building by not being original.

I guess that like usually, all those big donation gestures by the super wealthy out there have been slow to trickle in. Some may be waiting to get input and influence in what their money will be going to rebuild, others may want their money to go towards certain aspects of the rebuild and not be used to just pay for the cleanup, maintenance and workers who are there now.