SI Predicts 2019 Records

Plenty to disagree with here. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/07/17/nfl-schedule-2019-team-record-predictions

He has the Bills going 6-10 but had one scenario where they win 10 games.  Sounds like the first round did not align to his world view/bias so he had to find games to change.  In grand scheme, means nothing but a time killer while waiting for camp to open.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If the Bills go 6-10 McBeane should be goners. 

Unless there a package deal, if the team regresses this year, I would get rid of McDermott before Beane. This team is fairly well constructed. IMO Beane has done pretty darn good as a GM. It isn’t his job to get the talent to play well, it is his job to get the talent. He has done that. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Let their contracts play out I think McBeane deserves that. What’s one year after dealing with all the other garbage gm and coaches that have been here. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Omg, are we really talking about firing McDermott/Beane before the season begins?:rolleyes:

....why not....we could get Russ, Whaley & Wrecks back on a group discount......they "laid" the ground work for McBeane and McDermott, right?..............

I like when national publications/prognosticators/"experts" disregard us. The narrative is Buffalo is always mediocre and the QB isn't very good. I see more positives  here than I have in quite a while (which might be damning with faint praise) but I like when expectations from the national press are kept low. Sneaking up on other fan bases and their teams is a fun way to go.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Depends on the circumstances that led to that record but six wins is pry the ceiling when it comes to firing consideration.

4 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I like when national publications/prognosticators/"experts" disregard us. The narrative is Buffalo is always mediocre and the QB isn't very good. I see more positives  here than I have in quite a while (which might be damning with faint praise) but I like when expectations from the national press are kept low. Sneaking up on other fan bases and their teams is a fun way to go.

They'd be right the last 19 years.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Unless there a package deal, if the team regresses this year, I would get rid of McDermott before Beane. This team is fairly well constructed. IMO Beane has done pretty darn good as a GM. It isn’t his job to get the talent to play well, it is his job to get the talent. He has done that. 

Has he?   He spent a fortune in draft picks and talent to get Allen, and if the Bills go 6-10, without serious injuries to key players then it's probably because Allen hasn't grown into a franchise QB as hoped for -- and isn't likely to develop into more than a modest mid/low level starting QB.  The Bills have had several of those over the last 2 decades.   He's also spent more draft capital trading up in both his drafts, so unless those picks prove out this season, then he didn't get much for the extra investment.

Except for Morse, none of his FA or trade acquisitions have been impressive.  Some, like Benjamin, have been terrible.  He over paid for mediocre talent like Lotulelei, and we're still waiting to see if Murphy can regain his pre-injury form.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1