Hypothetical Pro Sports Relocations

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

i'm sure a handful of NHL teams would love to throw the keys on the table and "all your's Gary...."

Thats nonsense, rich people will always buy them for image

21 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

NFL-

Chargers to San Antonio

Rams to Omaha

Jaguars to Columbus

NBA-

Clippers to Seattle

Kings to Vancouver

Hornets to Kansas City

NHL

Panthers to Nova Scotia

Hurricanes to Baltimore

Coyotes to Hartford

Islanders to Quebec City

MLB

Marlins to Montreal

Rays to Memphis

Athletics to Portland

Nice satire 

The NFL has an International Series in London and Mexico City.  I would expand the International map to include venues such as Tokyo, Berlin, Canada, Austrailia/New Zealand and South America.

I would also introduce the Nomad Series.  Play a few games in places like Omaha, San Antonio, Portland, Norfolk, Albuquerque, Alaska, or Boise. 

Each NFL franchise sacrifices one home home game to the International and Nomad series', for a total of 32 games played in non NFL venues.  If security permits, play a game or two in front of the American Service Members stationed overseas

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Thats nonsense, rich people will always buy them for image

Nice satire 

Lots of NHL teams are having a financial bloodbath each year

read a bit... people will think more of you....

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The NFL has an International Series in London and Mexico City.  I would expand the International map to include venues such as Tokyo, Berlin, Canada, Austrailia/New Zealand and South America.

I would also introduce the Nomad Series.  Play a few games in places like Omaha, San Antonio, Portland, Norfolk, Albuquerque, Alaska, or Boise. 

Each NFL franchise sacrifices one home home game to the International and Nomad series', for a total of 32 games played in non NFL venues.  If security permits, play a game or two in front of the American Service Members stationed overseas

The length in terms of weeks would have to be doubled to adequately allow for travel.

If I had my way with the NFL back when the Rams and Chargers moved. I'd leave those two teams where they were. If they were insistant on having an LA team, move the Raiders there, since they already have a fan base in LA.  Change their name to the California Raiders, to keep as many of their Oakland/NoCal fans as they can. Keep training camp in Oakland, play one, if not both preseason games in Oakland. Maybe even an annual, or semi-annual regular season game (a la our Toronto series). 

2 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

If I had my way with the NFL back when the Rams and Chargers moved. I'd leave those two teams where they were. If they were insistant on having an LA team, move the Raiders there, since they already have a fan base in LA.  Change their name to the California Raiders, to keep as many of their Oakland/NoCal fans as they can. Keep training camp in Oakland, play one, if not both preseason games in Oakland. Maybe even an annual, or semi-annual regular season game (a la our Toronto series). 

The Rams have always been LA’s team.

Should have made the Chargers/Raiders stay put.