Hypothetical Pro Sports Relocations

Just now, Another Fan said:

Dallas Stars to say Portland Maine.

it just seems weird to me a hockey team down south 

You do realize there's far more than just one, right?

I'd move the Patriots to Siberia.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Arizona Coyotes to Houston. Although Houston is a southern city, there are plenty of transplants, especially with Canadians involved in the oil industry. 

Move the Predators to Seattle. 

Move the Clippers back to Buffalo. It's been a 30 year experiment. LA has spoken on who their city's team is. Bring the Braves home. 

Move Jacksonville to Toronto. I've never had a problem with Toronto having a team, as long as it wasn't our team. 

• Like (+1) 1

OK.   2 that I think should happen if I were the board of governors?

NHL: Florida Panthers to Houston, TX.  Seems like a slam dunk.  Florida is a nothing team nobody cares about and never has. I care less when the Sabres play Florida because I know there are about 100 people "on the other end" watching the game as Panther fans.  Houston is a monster city with some hockey history, and the door recently opened to the arena there.  Honorable mention to Kansas City to bring back the Scouts or Milwaukee.

MLB:  Tampa to Charlotte.  Tampa, like Florida of the NHL is a nothing team.  Poor stadium situation.  Charlotte is almost turnkey-ready in an affluent downtown area and will become North Carolina's only MLB team.  MLB in Florida has been a terrible idea overall.

Now, what I would want?

MLB: Tampa to Buffalo.  I would love MLB to come to Buffalo and 81 home dates would do wonders for our city.  

NHL:  Florida to Quebec City, Halifax, or Saskatoon.  See above, and I think any of the 3 listed cities would pack the house every night and it would be a good replacement for a 'dead' team (see above).  Maybe Milwaukee

From the other sports?  (from the 'want' standpoint)

NBA: LA Clippers to Buffalo.  

Sacramento to Montreal or Vancouver

NFL:  Jacksonville to Montreal

Jacksonville to London (get it over with)

Edited by May Day 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Arizona Coyotes to Houston. Although Houston is a southern city, there are plenty of transplants, especially with Canadians involved in the oil industry. 

Move the Predators to Seattle. 

Move the Clippers back to Buffalo. It's been a 30 year experiment. LA has spoken on who their city's team is. Bring the Braves home. 

Move Jacksonville to Toronto. I've never had a problem with Toronto having a team, as long as it wasn't our team. 

I agree Jacksonville shouldn't have a NFL team..but Toronto? The dome holds around 55k..and they struggled to sell out the Bills games.

It would be awesome to bring back the Braves but w/the Captors so close,I'm not sure we would be able to make that work (Need support from Hamilton).

12 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Now, what I would want?

MLB: Tampa to Buffalo.  I would love MLB to come to Buffalo and 81 home dates would do wonders for our city.  

I wish..I know they can expand the stadium but it's getting weather beaten.A new stadium would be a must.

Edited by Misterbluesky

10 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

OK.   2 that I think should happen if I were the board of governors?

NHL: Florida Panthers to Houston, TX.  Seems like a slam dunk.  Florida is a nothing team nobody cares about and never has. I care less when the Sabres play Florida because I know there are about 100 people "on the other end" watching the game as Panther fans.  Houston is a monster city with some hockey history, and the door recently opened to the arena there.  Honorable mention to Kansas City to bring back the Scouts or Milwaukee.

MLB:  Tampa to Charlotte.  Tampa, like Florida of the NHL is a nothing team.  Poor stadium situation.  Charlotte is almost turnkey-ready in an affluent downtown area and will become North Carolina's only MLB team.  MLB in Florida has been a terrible idea overall.

Now, what I would want?

NHL:  Florida to Quebec City, Halifax, or Saskatoon.  See above, and I think any of the 3 listed cities would pack the house every night and it would be a good replacement for a 'dead' team (see above).  Maybe Milwaukee

From the other sports?  (from the 'want' standpoint)

NBA: LA Clippers to Buffalo.  

Sacramento to Montreal or Vancouver

NFL:  Jacksonville to Montreal

Jacksonville to London (get it over with)

Love everything about this post EXCEPT Rays to B’lo. I WANT MLB in Buffalo, but not American League. I’m too much of a Yankees fan. Any NL team and YES!, bring the Buffalo Braves back and ship out the Jags!

MLB: Tampa to Montreal (thanks @Royale with Cheese)

..........Miami to Charlotte or Portland

NHL:  Miami to Quebec City (nords vs C's was awesome)

...........Carolina to KC

NFL:  Jacksonville to London (just get it over already. I don't like it but it will happen. 10am games are a nice add)

NBA: Somebody to Seattle. SuperSonics never should have been allowed to leave

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Love everything about this post EXCEPT Rays to B’lo. I WANT MLB in Buffalo, but not American League. I’m too much of a Yankees fan. Any NL team and YES!, bring the Buffalo Braves back and ship out the Jags!

I feel you #81...I'm a huge Mets fan.I would have tough time rooting for Buffalo if they were playing them.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

NFL:

New England to Buffalo

Buffalo to New England

You can see he is a true New England fan ... as soon as P*ts go in decline and Bills on rise he wants to swap teams.  Do we get the supreme cheater with his director of spying too?

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You can see he is a true New England fan ... as soon as P*ts go in decline and Bills on rise he wants to swap teams.  Do we get the supreme cheater with his director of spying too?

It's really hard to say that the defending champions are on the decline. But yeah. I agree. Lol.

NFL-

Chargers to San Antonio

Rams to Omaha

Jaguars to Columbus

NBA-

Clippers to Seattle

Kings to Vancouver

Hornets to Kansas City

NHL

Panthers to Nova Scotia

Hurricanes to Baltimore

Coyotes to Hartford