How frequently do you go to beaches?

Another Fan

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Enjoy your fecal matter.  60% of US beaches have been found to be contaminated:

https://weather.com/science/environment/video/fecal-bacteria-found-at-nearly-60-percent-of-us-beaches?pl=pl-the-latest

Good thing Guys like @BringBackFergy @Cripple Creek and @Gugny got me reversing the flow and flushing the poo away from the beaches of Lake Michigan... They'd want more poo on the beaches with less flushing... /smh

Thanks, Captain Killjoy ?

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Thanks, Captain Killjoy ?

I am just doing my job... It's the biz.

One of the controlling works (lock & dam) primary mission is poo/aid in flushing and pollution control.  It is why they were built... They keep bacteria levels on Southern Lake Michigan's beaches low by flushing nasties south.  Those beaches & the environment are the number one benefactor of the flushing.  When we close or get "reverse" flow towards the Lake (Mutha Nature's intended route that Fergy & Gugny just love to tout ad nauseam)... They almost always close the beaches (after testing of course) on Southern Lake Michigan due to public health concerns. Ecoli is the big one I believe.  That's poopy in layman's term I believe.

I am part buzzkill and yet with the other hand making the situation BETTER for area beaches. Take the good with the bad.  At least 4 out of 10 beaches in the US aren't poo infested.  I am doing my part, contrary to what BS @Gugny & @BringBackFergy say.  Those two would want to live in a poo infested world.

Just pick beaches with good flow. And stay away from the storm sewer outfalls.  The coasts are so overcrowded nowadays... People's doodoo has to go somewhere when storms make it back up.  FWIW, I am sure the EPA does allow for emergency releases of untreated sewage during storm events.  Where else is it gonna go?  Back up the toilet?

ESSAYONS!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

31 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Enjoy your fecal matter.  60% of US beaches have been found to be contaminated:

https://weather.com/science/environment/video/fecal-bacteria-found-at-nearly-60-percent-of-us-beaches?pl=pl-the-latest

Good thing Guys like @BringBackFergy @Cripple Creek and @Gugny got me reversing the flow and flushing the poo away from the beaches of Lake Michigan... They'd want more poo on the beaches with less flushing... /smh

Poo helps the NATIVE fish population thrive. You have singlehandedly eradicated our native fisheries in favor of flying carp. Thanks Exiled!!! 

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Poo helps the NATIVE fish population thrive. You have singlehandedly eradicated our native fisheries in favor of flying carp. Thanks Exiled!!! 

Not this much poo!  10 million people live in area.  That's too much poo!

You like to swim at a beach, don't you?

Milwaukee sells theirs as "Milorganite."

@BringBackFergy likes cholera epidemics!

/smh

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Before Atlanta we lived in Hilton Head (went back for a week last month) and Sarasota, FL for 30 years. If the water at the beach isn’t warm, I’m not turning blue trying to enjoy it! California and New England are beaches to LOOK AT the water, as far as I’m concerned. I prefer a pool over the beach as far as swimming goes. The Sarasota beach is just amazing though. White powder sand that doesn’t get hot, calm waters that allow you to wade out chest deep where you can look down and see your feet, fabulous sunsets.....I do miss that!

My wife was in Newport Beach for work recently and came back saying she could live there. That’s unlike her to even notice so it must be a nice area. I’m sure it’s crazy expensive!  

yeah Newport Beach I believe was the next beach right next to HB.  I could tell you this, HB was awesome.  It must be amazing to live there if your in your 20s & single.  Or even if you are older & have money.  Bars all over the place, great vibe.  

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

yeah Newport Beach I believe was the next beach right next to HB.  I could tell you this, HB was awesome.  It must be amazing to live there if your in your 20s & single.  Or even if you are older & have money.  Bars all over the place, great vibe.  

Used condoms on the beach?  ... No thanks!

Sorry... I got the theme stuck in my head.

LoL... J/K Carry on!

On 7/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, 707BillsFan said:

Rarely. Beautiful scenery here, but usually very windy and cool. Water temps of the Pacific are always low-mid 50's w/ treacherous water conditions.  Not the ideal beach day compared to the east coast, Atlantic. Image result for sonoma county coast beach scenic

thats a pretty long selfie stick you have there 

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You know what this world needs?

A good old fashioned epidemic, that’s what.

you spelled enema wrong 

I’ve been walking on an ocean beach almost every day for the past week+. That’s because I’m on vacation. Otherwise, I visit a lake (usually in the Adirondacks) a few times each summer on weekends, and the ocean about every other summer while on vacation. 

The wife and I just spent a fantastic few days exploring some new beaches along the West Coast of the South Island.  Wow.

We even spotted a few penguins coming back in the evening from feeding all day.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:09 AM, 707BillsFan said:

Rarely. Beautiful scenery here, but usually very windy and cool. Water temps of the Pacific are always low-mid 50's w/ treacherous water conditions.  Not the ideal beach day compared to the east coast, Atlantic. Image result for sonoma county coast beach scenic

Great Whites patrolling 100 yards off shore. Blue water, white death.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

I probably go about 5-6 times a year. My family is in South Florida at Easter and we take another trip to the Caribbean in Feb/March. I live about 3 hours from Gulf Shores and 4 hours from Destin. We normally take a guy’s trip to Mullet Toss and then I try to go for 3 -4 weekends during the summer. It seems to be Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. That is a bit of a perfect year but that is what I shoot for. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I live in SE FL now and walk at the beach 3-5 times a week.

Just got back from there about an hour ago.

I have a little 3 mile route I do; it's good exercise as it is not always easy to walk in wet sand.

The eye candy is ridiculous, too.

I'm happy to report that the thong bikini has become trendy and fashionable down here in the last couple of years.  Prior to that, it was not.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:49 PM, Cripple Creek said:

You know what this world needs?

A good old fashioned epidemic, that’s what.

Or a world war.  Both work wonders at population control.

Not to get too far of topic (LOL) but...as mankind presumably becomes more knowledgable and sophisticated as time rolls forward, you would like to think warfare will become a thing of the past.  And as medical science develops, it will become harder and harder to find things that kill people.  

Curing cancer alone will probably have a big impact on life expectancy and population rates, etc.

You wonder if the end of warfare and ways mother nature can kill humans will result in huge population problems.

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Or a world war.  Both work wonders at population control.

Not to get too far of topic (LOL) but...as mankind presumably becomes more knowledgable and sophisticated as time rolls forward, you would like to think warfare will become a thing of the past.  And as medical science develops, it will become harder and harder to find things that kill people.  

Curing cancer alone will probably have a big impact on life expectancy and population rates, etc.

You wonder if the end of warfare and ways mother nature can kill humans will result in huge population problems.

Whether it’s war or pestilence we can send the @ExiledInIllinois‘s of this world in to “save the day.” No matter the outcome it’s a win/win.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Whether it’s war or pestilence we can send the @ExiledInIllinois‘s of this world in to “save the day.” No matter the outcome it’s a win/win.

Not always win/win.  But NOT lose/lose!

I come back with nothing less than middle outcome! win/lose... And may even accept lose/win if the right people die!  LoL...

• Thank you (+1) 1