How frequently do you go to beaches?

Another Fan

i love beaches, but not in the rochester area.  my mom grew up on charlotte beach here, and she and my dad love it.  great summer time stories and memories.  now it has just become gross.

• Like (+1) 1

Not too often... heck, we had an ocean front condo (unincorporated St John's county) and never went except to walk the dog.  As far as beaches common here?

These are some of the beaches. Except for Olcott, I couldn't tell you  the last time I was at any one of them.

• Beaver Island State Park
• Bennett Beach
• Evengola State Park
• Lake Erie Beach Park
• Gallagher Beach
• Hamburg Beach
• Oclott Beach
• Wendt Beach
• Woodlawn Beach

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

I can't stand the beach anymore. 

Having said that.........if there's a bar near the water, I can do that. But going to the beach, laying or sitting on sand, and spending ALL DAMN DAY there? Hard nope from me.

I don't hate the water, just the beach lifestyle. I'm taking the kids to Chautauqua next Sunday for a few days.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm pretty much off beaches since I was stung by jelly fish in S.C. in '12 and FL in '16.

Luckily, I carry an Epipen, as I am forever finding out in my golden years I'm growing more allergic to many things in nature, including shrubbery. 

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Sad 1

As an adult I went to the beaches in Va, OBX snf Key West for over 2 decades in the 80's through the early 2000's 

Once we moved to Florida I hardly went to the beach.  Now I make it there once every 4 or 5 years.

Of course living in Rochester ...  I was at the beaches of Lake Ontario most weekends.

Of course living in Seabreeze ..  I was at the beach of Lake Ontario and the Bay every other day

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not too often... heck, we had an ocean front condo (unincorporated St John's county) and never went except to walk the dog.  As far as beaches common here?

These are some of the beaches. Except for Olcott, I couldn't tell you  the last time I was at any one of them.

• Beaver Island State Park
• Bennett Beach
• Evengola State Park
• Lake Erie Beach Park
• Gallagher Beach
• Hamburg Beach
• Oclott Beach
• Wendt Beach
• Woodlawn Beach

Didn't even mention sunset

man, as a kid we vacationed at Veranda Beach every year..my old man always said the price could not be beat!

Hate the beach except at night for happy hour , or early morning for surf casting , but am forced to go quite a bit

• Like (+1) 1

We go to our local beach (Tahunanui Beach) at least every Saturday and Sunday morning.  It's our weekend thing.  Wake up early, grab a couple cups of coffee, load up the dog and spend an hour or two walking on the beach. 

We're spoiled for choice here on Tasman Bay.

The beaches of the Abel Tasman National Park (across the bay) are some of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen, however Wharariki Beach is my favourite beach in the world. 

Jeez, why the heck am I at work right now?? 

Wharariki Beach 2.jpg

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The only good thing about Long Island are the beaches.  They're really good beaches.

I love to book out of work early, scoop up whoever's available from home, pack a couple sandwiches and beer and get out to the beach at around 4:00.  We stay until just around dusk.