Vikings RB Thomas gets 3-game suspension

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

How many people is he entertaining?

When I was a smoker, an ounce would last a LONG time. Like a few weeks.

He's a professional athlete, I'm sure he has more than his fair share of hanger-ons. Also, if I was a pro athlete I'd buy in bulk too. I wouldn't exactly want to be popping down to a dealer on a  weekly basis.

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In that vein, a 3 game suspension could be the least of his worries. With the cash, and QTY he might be doing time. 

5 Z’s is one hell of a personal stash unless he’s just lighting a pile of it on fire and inhaling 

The handgun is the biggest concern if it isn't registered. I'd think a good lawyer could easily come up with some reasoning as to why a 23 year old kid on an NFL contract has 15 G's, and 5 ounces... which isn't that crazy of an amount.

The gun is really where it becomes hard to make this all look like it's recreational if it's illegal.

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The handgun is the biggest concern if it isn't registered. I'd think a good lawyer could easily come up with some reasoning as to why a 23 year old kid on an NFL contract has 15 G's, and 5 ounces... which isn't that crazy of an amount.

The gun is really where it becomes hard to make this all look like it's recreational if it's illegal.

He’s well into this category from a quick minny law search with 142 gms. 

42.5 grams-10 kilograms 5th Degree Drug Crime/felony 5 years in prison and $10,000 in fines

This qty is trouble even where it’s legalized. Could argue it’s a personal stash i suppose, if he’s smoking it, eating it and has debilitating glaucoma 

better get get a good lawyer