We survived, people. The NFL offseason is officially over -- at least for an eighth of the league.  

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

????

the majority of camps open 3 weeks prior to their first pre season game bu league rules.

How the other early birds got started sooner, I dunno  

The Pats first practice is 9:15 on July 25th....so they are not starting a week early.  The other two have first year head coaches.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

The Pats first practice is 9:15 on July 25th....so they are not starting a week early.  The other two have first year head coaches.

I wan't the one to indicate the Pats, Jets and Fish started before Buffalo,

And seriously, for those teams that did start early (not playing in the HoF game) .....  the weeks difference is not going to give then an advantage in the long run. 

12 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Every day the past two weeks has been above 90 and 75+% humidity.

Don't care. Beats freezing one's nads off.

You only freeze if you don't dress for it.  But one can dress for the cold.  If you got butt naked, you still would have felt all of that 90+ and 75+.  I'll take the weather with options. LoL 

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah, man. The older I get the less I wish summer away for ANY reason.

It’s too hot/humid to do anything worthwhile during waking hours outside right now, so I have to respectfully say I’m good with Fall crispness being closer than farther away :flirt:

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s too hot/humid to do anything worthwhile during waking hours outside right now, so I have to respectfully say I’m good with Fall crispness being closer than father away :flirt:

I sweat like I just climbed out of the pool wet at the tennis courts midday, then I come home and try to walk the dog before showering. One shower is better than two. The problem is the dog is smart and hides in my wife’s closet. She’s 10 and has no desire for the walk in the heat. My Golden is smarter than I am! 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

100% agree here.... always a bittersweet time of year coming up. i'm just completely AMPED for the season to start but also sad to feel summer slipping away.... i'd suspect I wouldn't be so torn if I didn't live in the Lake effect butthole of America here in Erie, PA.....

Summer blows. Way too hot for me. I love the fall and spring the best. I even like winter more than summer.

But it depends on where you live and your personal preferences. I'd rather be cold than hot.

5 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

The cold > the too hot.  Any day of the week.

Bingo.

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s too hot/humid to do anything worthwhile during waking hours outside right now, so I have to respectfully say I’m good with Fall crispness being closer than farther away :flirt:

See, in Jersey, the sun disappears from like October to March. I like the sun. Ergo, summer for the win

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope you guys don't mind if I put the thread back on the rails

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As the Denver Broncos became the first full team to report for training camp Wednesday, president of football operations/general manager John Elway made it clear that he hopes Joe Flacco can break the team's disappointing run at quarterback.

The Broncos have used four starting quarterbacks over the past two seasons -- Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler and Case Keenum -- and have finished with back-to-back seasons of double-digit losses for the first time since 1966 and 1967. Not one of those four quarterbacks is on the current roster for the Broncos, who haven't finished above 19th in passing yardage in any of the past three seasons.

We're not alone in past QB disappointments !!!   

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27209577/broncos-hope-their-poor-qb-play-ends-flacco

How much longer will Elway remain in charge of Operations? 

https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/33368/john-elway-at-a-crosswords-needs-answers-for-broncos-future

Maybe Elway’s job as the Broncos' general manager and vice president of football operations is as difficult and all-consuming as his 15-year quest to win a Super Bowl as a player with the Broncos after three trips to the title game. The bottom line, as Elway approaches the decade mark as a team executive, is that the franchise he has called home for more than 30 years is on wobbly legs, and he has been unable to steady it.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Summer blows. Way too hot for me. I love the fall and spring the best. I even like winter more than summer.

But it depends on where you live and your personal preferences. I'd rather be cold than hot.

Bingo.

nah. i'll take a film of sweat on me at all times over one single winter day.

i  worked outdoors for my dads family construction business for 8 years right out of school and i would take baking on a roof any day of the week over trying to work outdoors in the cold. there is nothing more physically and mentally draining than working out in freezing temps.

so being in northwest PA and dealing with the long lake effect winters, you will NEVER see me complain about the heat..... but like you said. personal preference. so i wont judge you..... just like i wouldn't judge somebody based off what they dip their wings in(ranch ALL DAY)……. ?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

nah. i'll take a film of sweat on me at all times over one single winter day.

i  worked outdoors for my dads family construction business for 8 years right out of school and i would take baking on a roof any day of the week over trying to work outdoors in the cold. there is nothing more physically and mentally draining than working out in freezing temps.

so being in northwest PA and dealing with the long lake effect winters, you will NEVER see me complain about the heat..... but like you said. personal preference.

i'm 1000% with you on this.  i'll bake before i complain about it.  it's too cold and gray here for far too long.  come march/april, i'm ready to murder someone.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm 1000% with you on this.  i'll bake before i complain about it.  it's too cold and gray here for far too long.  come march/april, i'm ready to murder someone.

we have 2 days coming up starting tomorrow forecast for low to mid 90's.....there will be beers and there will be some sort of body of water(probably just the kids slip n' slide) and i will soak up every last drop of that heat. ?

the only exception here is that i absolutely love a crisp dry snow day at the ralph...….. but i love getting sun burnt there in September more. LOL.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

we have 2 days coming up starting tomorrow forecast for low to mid 90's.....there will be beers and there will be some sort of body of water(probably just the kids slip n' slide) and i will soak up every last drop of that heat. ?

the only exception here is that i absolutely love a crisp dry snow day at the ralph...….. but i love getting sun burnt there in September more. LOL.

i'm outside from today until sunday.  we have a patio party tonight, then going up to the thousand islands for a canadian/american festival and some boating.  it's going to feel perfect.  i love the fall too, but i just know what's coming from january to may, and i hate it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1