Beam me up, Scotty!

For about a month, the scientists beamed up millions of photons from their ground station in Tibet to the low-orbiting satellite. They were successful in more than 900 cases.

Hopefully they have a way to increase those odds

• Haha (+1) 1

If true and not crap made up by commies, it's further evidence of the conclusion already reached by sitcom math.

Personally I'd like to know how they identify individual photons and know which ones teleport?  Do they give them  numbers or names? I think they should name them, but like race horses, not like people.  They could have named this one "Bore's Light" because it doesn't pass the smell test and reading that article is a cure for insomnia.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If true and not crap made up by commies, it's further evidence of the conclusion already reached by sitcom math.

Personally I'd like to know how they identify individual photons and know which ones teleport?  Do they give them  numbers or names? I think they should name them, but like race horses, not like people.  They could have named this one "Bore's Light" because it doesn't pass the smell test and reading that article is a cure for insomnia.

come on, be honest, you have an extreme affinity for that sitcom maths.

59 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Technically, no.  You can't really teleport a massless particle.

Let me know when they teleport a neutrino or Higgs boson.  Then that'll be something.

Let me know when they teleport an AOC.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

Can't do it. They haven't invented a Heisenberg compensator yet.

:worthy:

Heisenberg may have been a genius, but he wasn't near smart enough to compensate for that sh!t.

Edited by Azalin