Is it okay for men to wear flip flops in public?

The Jandal (as Flip Flops are called down here) are a major part of the Kiwi identity.  You see people wearing them everywhere, all the time.  During summertime, there are two types of footwear … Jandals or bare feet.  (Bare feet also being welcomed in schools, businesses and shops.)  I guess it's part of island living.

national-jandal-day.jpg

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC8-AVwi0ZxiiWLtgpFNY

These are heaven after 18 holes on a hot day. Especially in a cold clubhouse or bar afterwards.

I have almost this exact pair, except mine are blue.  I live in them in the summertime.  I’ll even wear them to work with khaki shorts and a polo for inservice/PD days.

Sanuks are also really good summer shoes.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

I see a lot of guys wearing flip-flops with jeans.

It's because my sneakers are wore out, and I have beautiful, long and large feet. F yall. I took my boots off and I just got back from grocery shopping in my khakis, polo, and flip flops.

I mean I don't mind if others wear flip flops or sandals.

I really don't care what other dudes wear, except for this guy who routinely shops at my store and only wears those cyclist shorts. You can't avoid it, it's like dude stop walking around in public in those.

But flip flops, sandals, go for it. I'm not looking at your feet, I don't look at women's feet either unless like they are jacked up with yellow toe nails. Then I might notice. But I'm not into the Rex stuff so i never notice feet.

Personally, they aren't for me. I wear shoes on the beach until I'm at the point where I wont step on rocks. Flip flops and sandals, I've just never been comfortable in. 

But if you are, I wont hate on you. I can't think of a reason why anyone would care.

3 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

It's because my sneakers are wore out, and I have beautiful, long and large feet. F yall. I took my boots off and I just got back from grocery shopping in my khakis, polo, and flip flops.

It's really weird you take so much pride in your feet. I'd just assume you don't have much else going for you.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

7 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC8-AVwi0ZxiiWLtgpFNY

These are heaven after 18 holes on a hot day. Especially in a cold clubhouse or bar afterwards.

This is the pair I have - I am wearing them partly because to help with my feet issues. I have a pair for office and a pair for home but used to wear them to work until my foot shrank post surgery to fit in shoes.

If you order a pair from ACU do not order any one the nonadjustable, fixed size ones for they are very narrow from sole to top of foot.

energizing-acu-sandals.jpg

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

The Jandal (as Flip Flops are called down here) are a major part of the Kiwi identity.  You see people wearing them everywhere, all the time.  During summertime, there are two types of footwear … Jandals or bare feet.  (Bare feet also being welcomed in schools, businesses and shops.)  I guess it's part of island living.

All continents are islands just some are bigger than others.  I'd love to move to such a place as long as it had strong internet.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

All continents are islands just some are bigger than others.  I'd love to move to such a place as long as it had strong internet.

The furthest that you can get from the ocean, here in NZ is about 60-70 miles away.

Just a bit different from the continental US.