Is it okay for men to wear flip flops in public?

26 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I do have a pair of boat shoes, but dont know where they are in the house. They got packed up when we moved a couple years ago

i haven't worn them in a while either, but i always have a pair or two lying around.

3 hours ago, teef said:

flip flops at a bar is horrific.  i just hate the way flip flops feel.  i have a pair of birkenstocks that i wear around though.  is that much different?

^^^^This. My birks are 10+ years old and are in as good a shape as when I bought them, and they get heavy use basically 8 months out of the year down here. What's not to love about them?

(Besides wearing them with socks, as my old man may have been seen on occasion rocking, lol) 

main-qimg-ce3859ca0c48305e129fdf9fef97e250-c

I live in flip flops over the summer.  Anytime I wear shorts, its with flip flops.  I even wear them with dress pants when going for a casual dinner.  For me, nothing is more comfortable as  I have a bunion on the side of my foot so any time I can wear something that does not rub against it, its a score for me.

2 hours ago, snafu said:

We call that "Monkey Paw" in our house.

A lot of golfers have that on one hand, as well.

Edit:  It's okay, as best, to wear flip flops around in public.  I usually opt for the low cut canvas sneakers.

When I wear my new low cut casual shoes, it looks like I have white socks on where my tennis socks cover my ankle/foot. I’m just that pasty white! I’m actually making a point of trying to get more sun on my feet (after an awkward trip to the beach), but I promise that I won’t do it in flip flops at a tailgate.