Is it okay for men to wear flip flops in public?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wear this everyday.  

You know damn well it's too hot to wear jeans in Atlanta right now lol. I think that's where you said you are if I remember correctly.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

10 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

TOTAL chick magnet for sure. 

Maybe if a chick was into kayaking or some other such sport then she would appreciate that Keen sandals are ugly, but they are useful.  However, after looking at me she would realize that I’m ugly and I am not useful.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wear this everyday.  

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

You know damn well it's too hot to wear jeans in Atlanta right now lol. I think that's where you said you are if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I'm calling BS, too.

You're an HR professional.  Even though that's technically a woman's job, I still don't think flip-flops would be acceptable attire.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, I'm calling BS, too.

You're an HR professional.  Even though that's technically a woman's job, I still don't think flip-flops would be acceptable attire.

I don't wear it at work.  As soon as I get home, I take off the shoes and go right to the flip flops.  They're so comfortable.  

• Like (+1) 1

I like sandals, have had a couple pair of birks, also have a pair of nike ones with a gel cushion which are super comfortable. Cant stand flip flops though, the ***** in between my toes is too uncomfortable

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

I am too cautious/paranoid myself.  But I wear my Keen sandals whenever possible. They stay on more securely, they are comfortable for a lot of walking, and they have a rubber toe cover. They probably look dorky, but I don’t care. 

ain't no prolly about it  young man

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're an HR professional. 

There is no such creature on the face of this earth..so of course BS.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I agree, but I think it’s only fair to point out that magnets can repel as well as attract. 

I only do flip flops around the house. I don’t care what you do. Wear Crocs with socks for all I care

I always silently laugh at the people wearing crocs in public. 

I always silently laugh at the people knee high socks and sandals in public.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A lot of people in this thread don't understand real comfort.

Emma-Stone-Meme-24.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcAn-S3UJl_NilfiF6V0m

You don’t want to see me in flip flops. Heck, even I don’t want to see me in flip flops. I play a lot of tennis and generally wear sneakers with low socks. My legs don’t really look tan....until you see how blindingly white my feet are. It’s like a farmers tan, but for feet. Not a good look at all! 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Augie said:

You don’t want to see me in flip flops. Heck, even I don’t want to see me in flip flops. I play a lot of tennis and generally wear sneakers with low socks. My legs don’t really look tan....until you see how blindingly white my feet are. It’s like a farmers tan, but for feet. Not a good look at all! 

We call that "Monkey Paw" in our house.

A lot of golfers have that on one hand, as well.

Edit:  It's okay, as best, to wear flip flops around in public.  I usually opt for the low cut canvas sneakers.

Edited by snafu