Is it okay for men to wear flip flops in public?

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Sure is. I have a nice pair from REI. Love them very much, anywhere, anytime. The key is good foot hygiene. 

case number one why that  is a negative..apply George opposite rule to anything seasons says

20 minutes ago, teef said:

flip flops at a bar is horrific.  i just hate the way flip flops feel.  i have a pair of birkenstocks that i wear around though.  is that much different?

As I'm sure you're aware, Birkenstocks with white tube socks are a "chick magnet" as a matter of law.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

As I'm sure you're aware, Birkenstocks with white tube socks are a "chick magnet" as a matter of law.

i'll throw them on really quick when i have socks on so i can run outside to grab something, bring something in from the car, etc...and that absolutely infuriates my wife.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, teef said:

flip flops at a bar is horrific.  i just hate the way flip flops feel.  i have a pair of birkenstocks that i wear around though.  is that much different?

Do smell of patchouli oil and drive a Subaru?

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I agree, but I think it’s only fair to point out that magnets can repel as well as attract. 

I only do flip flops around the house. I don’t care what you do. Wear Crocs with socks for all I care. 

12 minutes ago, teef said:

i'll throw them on really quick when i have socks on so i can run outside to grab something, bring something in from the car, etc...and that absolutely infuriates my wife.

You're a good man.........I do this also.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m amazed at the number of people who I see out and about in flip flops. I think they are unsafe and gross, but people wear them out in public quite often in warm weather. My own son does sometimes.  But I still think they are unsafe and gross. 

I am too cautious/paranoid myself.  But I wear my Keen sandals whenever possible. They stay on more securely, they are comfortable for a lot of walking, and they have a rubber toe cover. They probably look dorky, but I don’t care. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

But I wear my Keen sandals whenever possible. They stay on more securely, they are comfortable for a lot of walking, and they have a rubber toe cover. They probably look dorky, but I don’t care. 

TOTAL chick magnet for sure. 

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just saw a dude at the store wearing the flops, looked as if he has not clipped his toe nails since his mother did it for him as a child. Guy could leap across a stream and catch a fish with those talons.

This is unacceptable behavior. Eagle talons and or toe fungus should should preclude certain people from wearing toeless footwear. 

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is unacceptable behavior. Eagle talons and or toe fungus should should preclude certain people from wearing toeless footwear. 

Agree, also want to add that those damn things were all yellow in color and just down right disgusting. Thought about taking a pic but didn't want to be too obvious and he may have gotten all pissy. But damn I wish my eyes would not have looked down as he trotted into the door.

And of course he buys a 40oz of malt liquor and it was slightly before 9am.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy