Greatest Signature Moves

There’s too many players in football for “signature moves”.  I’m hard pressed to think of any outside of Bruce’s spin move, and even then, many athletic DL can do it.

Hockey on the hand, has a plethora of them. Sabre  Rick Martin had a signature move, dragging the puck past a defenseman to free himself for a slap shot. Perrault is famous for ‘signature’ rink long rushes. Smaller team size is critical to signature moves, imo.

I always liked the way Fred Jackson could flow through several defenders in slow motion.  He would twist and turn and nobody could get a grip on him until he had gone about five yards. 

The Bills also had several defenders who were very good at showing up at the site of the tackle about two seconds too late to help out,

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

billyjohnson.gif

billywhiteshoesjohnson_funkychicken.gif

As a kid playing in the park, this was our signature TD celebration.

3 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I always liked the way Fred Jackson could flow through several defenders in slow motion.  He would twist and turn and nobody could get a grip on him until he had gone about five yards. 

The Bills also had several defenders who were very good at showing up at the site of the tackle about two seconds too late to help out,

Not just showing up late but jogging over from 5 yards away while someone else made the play and then celebrating like they did something. Marcel Dareus comes to mind.

7 hours ago, DieHardBillsFan said:

Nice video on signature moves. Could have added Bruce's spin move but really like they had a surprise Bill at the end. What other Bills signature moves would you add. Bet Tasker could have something but not sure if there was a specific move. Out of bounds run and tackle?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-throwback/0ap3000001032367/NFL-Throwback-Greatest-signature-moves-in-NFL-history

sorry i didn't go through all the posts yet but for me.....

1. arthur moats hit on favre

2. smerlas blocking the last second field goal to send us to the playoffs in 1988

3. tasker's hit on the rams returner......forget what year..

4. the game against the broncos where we scored(from behind) like 21 pts. in a minute 17

5.bryce paup kicking the ball into the stands as a miami player went to the ground with it...i think it was a playoff game..

6. ....but should be number 1 is josh allen throwing to foster in the jags game after be goosepiled.....ah heck, i could go on and on, had a few pops..out.

7. kelly running it in in miami...ok now i'm out. i'll hang up and listen.

4 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

My favorite Fred move ever was against the Giants in 2011, when he was breaking away on an 80 yard TD, and the DB was just about to catch him as both ran full-speed toward the end zone. Out of nowhere and maintaining full forward speed, Fred makes a little shift to the left at a low angle, which is enough to  send the DB off into no-man's land while Fred scores an easy TD. Magical old-man powers right there. 

There's no name for it that I know of, but Fred had that sudden open-field change of direction at full gallop that made it so hard to close on him. 

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I remember a playoff game years ago. Nate Odoms just ran up to a guy and nonchalantly took the ball from him, said thank you and ran it in!

I think it was a night game against the Raiders. It was right in front of me. Awesome comeback in that one

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

who was the guy we had, in the secondary, a few years ago pointing at the other player while the other team scored a TD?  He basically gave up on the play....

that was a signature move right there.  

That was Gilmore and the rest of the players sucking in Rex Ryan's defense

• Like (+1) 2