Next 007 in new Bond film is a female

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, dpberr said:

...rewrites right before filming and the added audience expectations.  It'll be interesting to see how they give gravitas to Rami Malek as the film's villain.  

I was concerned with writing until I saw that the Killing Eve creator/writer was helping with the re-write. I also read that Malek mentioned “...it is a clever script...” & I trust his assessment. A new Aston Martin model, Valhalla, will also appear in the movie.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

It is his last one, there was already outrage over people talking about Idris Elba taking over the role of 007 and that Bond can't be black. (Trevor Noah had a good bit in his standup act about this and how after thinking about it, they may be right that it would be tough for a black spy to work in Northern areas of Europe...)

Well if you're going to claim it's Ian Fleming's character then no, Bond can't be black.

And yeah can you imagine a 6'3" 250lb black dude trying to be inconspicuous in, say, St. Petersburg? :lol:

Reminds me of that old joke about the CIA agent in Moscow:

A CIA agent is arrested in Moscow and charged with spying. The agent is fluent in Russian and has had years of specialized training on how to blend in with the Russian people. he's the perfect sleeper agent. Down in the darkest dungeons beneath Kremlin the Russian Secret Service (FSS) begin their interrogation. "We know you are American, spy Pig. Admit it!" "How can you say that? I speak Russian like a Muscovite, I am Russian." "You are lying, Spy Pig. We know you are a Yankee dog. Admit it" The Agent pulls a copy of Pushkin from his jacket pocket and begins to read aloud. Within minutes the guards are weeping with joy at how beautifully the poetry is read. "You see, only a Russian can read Pushkin like this", said the agent. "You lie, Spy Pig, I know you are an American, confess". The agent calls one the of the guards to play Kalinka on his balalaika. The agent leaps on to the table a dances a Russian folk dance whilst singing. The guards clap and cheer having seldom seen such a perfect performance. "You see no one can sing the most loved song in Russia like this if you are not a Russian." "You lie Yankee snail pig. I know you are an American". The agent calls of 6 bottles of Siberian vodka and over the next hour drinks them all finally smashing his glass on the table. "No one drinks vodka like a Russian and I am a Russian" Impressed the FSS agent claps his hands slowly. "You are good Yankee Pig poo, very good, but I know you are not Russian and now you die". The CIA agent slumps in his seat knowing he is defeated. "Tell me one thing, how did you know? I am highly trained can speak, read Pushkin, sing and dance and drink like a Russian. My cover was perfect. How did you know I am an American?"

"It was easy Yankee man, we have no Blacks in Russia"

59 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Could be a clunker with the director changes, rewrites right before filming and the added audience expectations.  It'll be interesting to see how they give gravitas to Rami Malek as the film's villain.  

The McQuarrie/Cruise M:I series gets better with every installment with the set pieces, story depth and the acting.  

The Bond films started going downhill once the USSR was no longer a thing.

Edited by LeviF91

6 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm moderately intrigued how they'll write the script considering that Bond has always been seen as something of a womaniser and part-time misogynist.

Lesbian.

9 hours ago, shrader said:

I was listening to a radio conversation about this where they said she is a "British actor who is african american".  Ummm yeah, that's not how that works.

I guess dual citizenship would make that possible.  I don't know.

By African American I think they mean North American since her family is from Jamaica. 

9 hours ago, shrader said:

She'll have probably an even smaller role than she had in Captain Marvel.  But hey, anything to make a few headlines.

https://time.com/5626544/lashana-lynch-new-james-bond-movie/  by Eliana Dockterman

We may well be getting a female 007. The Daily Mail reports that Lashana Lynch of Captain Marvel fame will take over the codename in the next Bond film, due April 8, 2020.

While Daniel Craig is returning to play James Bond himself, according to this leak, Bond begins the film in retirement and is called back to active duty when a crisis hits. In the M16 office, he meets the new 007 — not the new Bond, but the new holder of that alias — a black woman named Nomi, played by Lynch. 

So finally — finally — the franchise seems ready to reckon with Bond’s misogyny. The new production brought on writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge, who has emerged as one of the most brilliant feminist voices of our era with her series Fleabag and Killing Eve, to punch up the Bond 25 script. The new leaks from the production suggest it was Waller-Bridge’s idea to introduce Lynch as the new 007 and that the script will explicitly call out Bond for his dinosaur mentality.

Not saying I agree with Time article's assessment.  I did not go the see the new Ghostbusters movie and likely will not see this one.

Edited by Limeaid