Invasive species--the failure of our man on the lock

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Old news.  They find alligators every year.  2010... The year they found two Asian caro... They found 3 aligators.  That's 9 years ago!  

So, your failure is nothing new?  

I don't understand how a Lockmaster can get tenure.

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, your failure is nothing new?  

I don't understand how a Lockmaster can get tenure.

Those park district lagoons are landlocked.  Look up "Flatfoot Lake"  it's separated from the river by a 15 foot berm.  They found dozens of Asian carp in Flatfoot lake back in 2011.

The lagoons and lakes are landlocked.

Does anyone know why they can’t install massive amounts of mesh netting or a huge cheesecloth on the lock to prevent this kind of invasion?? I mean, the word “lock” infers “security, strength, and ability to keep unwanted things out”. I prefer the term “lockless” or “wide open” when referring to this department. 

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

oh boy!!

SEE WHAT  YOU WENT AND DONE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They prod the bull... They get the horns!

53 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Does anyone know why they can’t install massive amounts of mesh netting or a huge cheesecloth on the lock to prevent this kind of invasion?? I mean, the word “lock” infers “security, strength, and ability to keep unwanted things out”. I prefer the term “lockless” or “wide open” when referring to this department. 

We have "sub nets!"

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I am very busy with the work barge and man overboard drills today... But, I will post the plan in place... For @BringBackFergy & @Cripple Creek skeptics.  The next two locks down, Brandon Road is where the "front line" will be...

The "front line" of what? The daffodil garden or the front of the Summer Camp kids' line waiting for ACOE ice cream sandwiches?

21 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The "front line" of what? The daffodil garden or the front of the Summer Camp kids' line waiting for ACOE ice cream sandwiches?

Asian carp invasion.  The front line is two locks down in Joliet.  That's where all the gizmos are going... The cheese cloth, bubbles, etc.... 30 miles from here.

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Old news.  They find alligators every year.  2010... The year they found two Asian caro... They found 3 aligators.  That's 9 years ago!  

If we could talk the alligators into eating Asian Carp, problem solved!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Asian carp invasion.  The front line is two locks down in Joliet.  That's where all the gizmos are going... The cheese cloth, bubbles, etc.... 30 miles from here.

Way to throw your fellow "lock keepers" under the bus.  I would suggest you transit your ass down there and analyze the situation.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Way to throw your fellow "lock keepers" under the bus.  I would suggest you transit your ass down there and analyze the situation.

I don't want to brag... But the Major General of the whole Division just sent another co-worker & I a letter of commendation (that's a fancy word for: special praise & accolade... In case you didn't know). 

My fellow team members and I are valuable, hardworking member of the Mississippi Valley Division (MVD).

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't want to brag... But the Major General of the whole Division just sent another co-worker & I a letter of commendation (that's a fancy word for: special praise & accolade... In case you didn't know). 

My fellow team members and I are valuable, hardworking member of the Mississippi Valley Division (MVD).

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

You know what you can do with your letter?  Unless it's cash (large bills) or something good to eat/drink they're meaningless.  May as well have been a Laurel & Hardy handshake.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Those park district lagoons are landlocked.  Look up "Flatfoot Lake"  it's separated from the river by a 15 foot berm.  They found dozens of Asian carp in Flatfoot lake back in 2011.

The lagoons and lakes are landlocked.

Landlocked? Hah...

48 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

You know what you can do with your letter?  Unless it's cash (large bills) or something good to eat/drink they're meaningless.  May as well have been a Laurel & Hardy handshake.

Oh... We got $$$$$ too.  That's a given...

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

EII, Where is the video of you looking at TBD on the computer while a large  barge blows its whistle trying to get your attention??

Never let commercial wait.  They pay into inland trust fund.  Used to be $400/hour overhead to wait.  And safety to the structure and crew too. Trust is: $.29/gallon diesel the company uses.