Biggest Bills Madden Snub?

Hey @row_33 what are you confused about my comment? The players clearly do care about these ratings snubs. See the articles/interviews above 

On 7/16/2019 at 9:08 AM, Chemical said:

Yeah, even the players seem to care about their ratings. 

Do you have a point to make about the question being posed by the OP; or just adding nothing to a thread like usual?

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

In Madden, very fast QBs have ALWAYS gotten higher stat breaks because of their ability to disrupt defenses. Normal.

True.  Looking at the ratings though I would argue Allen's speed, agility, etc. are a little bit low.

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you slow down the Madden video that was released you can vaguely see the overall of teams

Looks like the Bills are 77 or 78

Hmmm...I wonder who said that before?  

Man, B7, it’s like rain in Spring.  Regardless of anything they’ve done or who they’ve signed slap the 77-78 and be done.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

On 7/16/2019 at 6:50 AM, Doc Brown said:

Top 10 rookies.  Oliver at #2.  Not sure about DJ Metcalf making the top 10.

Quinnen Williams NYJ DT 80 74 78 86 82 89
Ed Oliver BUF DT 79 72 81 87 85 89
Nick Bosa SF RDE 78 74 79 91 86 84
Josh Allen JAX LDE 77 73 86 88 83 82
Marquise Brown BAL WR 77 72 97 95 96 44
T.J. Hockenson DET TE 77 73 82 87 84 76
Dexter Lawrence NYG DT 76 72 71 81 69 92
DK Metcalf SEA WR 76 62 95 93 81 77
Brian Burns CAR LOLB 75 73 88 91 86 76
Irv Smith Jr. MIN TE 75 64 85 85 75 71

Metcalf is gonna light it up. I will be vindicated.

8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Metcalf is gonna light it up. I will be vindicated.

As long as he can run his routes in a straight line, he'll be a superstar!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, Paul Costa said:

Who really cares. The need to step up and get higher ratings next year?

Listen, I hear ya here. And I literally say the exact same thing when we complain about power rankings. Win so much they have to give us better rankings whether they want to or not. To boot, we were godawful just straight up horrible last year.. so in all fairness we need to represent that and have the rating a 6-10 team deserves.

But this is a silly Madden game.. which I play.. so I'm going to get crushed in my online rankings this year by the looks of it, given that I always play with the Bills. This is important.

Haven't seen them yet but my gameplan is to adopt a passhappy wildcat system from the Ravens and put Josh Allen as QB1 and RB2. Scramble for dear life, pitch to RB1, throw to JA, and basically use JA's speed and ability to really do any position halfway decent. Offense looks tough to work with. And it should be since I'll be playing the Saints, Rams, Pats.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

On 7/16/2019 at 12:25 PM, Logic said:

The funniest thing to me are the people who claim they don't care a lick about Madden or that it's silly, but still feel the need to comment in the Madden thread EVERY SINGLE YEAR to remind us how cool and superior they are.

Or getting worked up over an ESPN power rankings list, but saying this thread is worthless because Madden is silly.

IT'S THE SAME THING. Your team is being evaluated by EA or ESPN employees. What is the difference. Now if their point is they don't care about the rankings from any source, EA or sportswriters, then sure, it's absolutely right these have no bearing on the team and wins force these evaluators to give the Bills better rankings.

But it's fun. We have ratings for every possible attribute on every Bills player. If PFF released an article claiming they made a formula for the exact same ratings then the board would go nuts about it. How often do ppl complain about a PFF grade lol. These are very comprehensive "grades" by comparison. Just done by EA with the help of scouts.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:14 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Is there anything more pathetic than crying about Madden ratings?  I’m so mad I won’t play the game and it sucks now.  What a bunch of babies (players and fans alike).  Yes all the people at Madden are completely biased against your team!

We cry about PFF grades constantly lol. What's the difference. I'm not advocating for crying about any org that evaluates the Bills not to your liking. But I am trying to play with the Bills online and I'm going to get shredded.

What'll fix that is roster updates as the Bills tear through the season 8-0

43 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Listen, I hear ya here. And I literally say the exact same thing when we complain about power rankings. Win so much they have to give us better rankings whether they want to or not. To boot, we were godawful just straight up horrible last year.. so in all fairness we need to represent that and have the rating a 6-10 team deserves.

But this is a silly Madden game.. which I play.. so I'm going to get crushed in my online rankings this year by the looks of it, given that I always play with the Bills. This is important.

Haven't seen them yet but my gameplan is to adopt a passhappy wildcat system from the Ravens and put Josh Allen as QB1 and RB2. Scramble for dear life, pitch to RB1, throw to JA, and basically use JA's speed and ability to really do any position halfway decent. Offense looks tough to work with. And it should be since I'll be playing the Saints, Rams, Pats.

I don't play as much as I used to but I still get 20-30 ranked games a year in and I strictly use the Bills as well

I think I'm 7-3 my last 10.. gotta use JA scrambling as a chain movers. Throwing to shady out the backfield is a must. Quick dink and dunks. Shady gets 10 catches in my online games and can take a 3 yard catch into 40 yards quickly

The defense is good as long as you keep mixing up your zone D

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I don't play as much as I used to but I still get 20-30 ranked games a year in and I strictly use the Bills as well

I think I'm 7-3 my last 10.. gotta use JA scrambling as a chain movers. Throwing to shady out the backfield is a must. Quick dink and dunks. Shady gets 10 catches in my online games and can take a 3 yard catch into 40 yards quickly

The defense is good as long as you keep mixing up your zone D

dude.. that's a crazy good record playing with the Bills. I don't think I can move the ball with this Madden offense but it will be the most gimmicky, ugly offense you'll ever see.

Only silver lining is you always have a chance with an athletic QB, and RB's like Shady are huge in Madden. The passing routes are broken sometimes. Sounds like you execute these things way better than me.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, Paul Costa said:

Who really cares. The need to step up and get higher ratings next year?

That’s exactly what I thought. Then I heard Shawne Merriman talking about it, and apparently to the players it’s a big deal. I still don’t care, but he says they do. I’m with you, just go play and make them move you up! 

5 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

dude.. that's a crazy good record playing with the Bills. I don't think I can move the ball with this Madden offense but it will be the most gimmicky, ugly offense you'll ever see.

Only silver lining is you always have a chance with an athletic QB, and RB's like Shady are huge in Madden. The passing routes are broken sometimes. Sounds like you execute these things way better than me.

Some tips I've learned over 20 years..  create your own playbooks and use them online.. 

Every playbook has strengths and weaknesses, adding formations and plays that fit your style are huge

* Split back formations are very hard to defend . The versatility of 2 possible receiving backs out the backfield is huge... This opens up the deep comebacks on the outside which can beat cover 3 or 4 especially with Allen's arm

* Wheel routes from out of the backfield with shady. Shotgun , 1 or split back... If split back block ivory or now Gore..  split shady out wide occasionally or keep him tucked. If he's in split back you need to buy some time for the wheel to develop. It's a cover 2 or 3 or 4 beater

Full spread. 4 wide or 3 wide with TE and inside zone. With Morse this should be 4 yards money

IFORM 1 TE. Stretch run , you can flip it to the Weak side and it's still very good. Use this to set up weak counter.. then go spider 2 y banana.  FB surprisingly open and can get good yards. If they guess run he's gone

^^ this is your run the game out offense

Also Spread 3 WRs to one side. PA bubble screen.. put McKenzie or foster in that bubble screen position and it's money on Tampa 2 or cover 3

Don't overuse it and tap the trigger to pull out of the playfake sooner and it's one of  the best gadget plays . you need quick gadget plays with a weak offense

#1 Madden rule is NEVER BE LATE ON THROWS. It's all TIMING

If your late dont throw it

Hope some of this helps ?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Some tips I've learned over 20 years..  create your own playbooks and use them online.. 

Every playbook has strengths and weaknesses, adding formations and plays that fit your style are huge

* Split back formations are very hard to defend . The versatility of 2 possible receiving backs out the backfield is huge... This opens up the deep comebacks on the outside which can beat cover 3 or 4 especially with Allen's arm

* Wheel routes from out of the backfield with shady. Shotgun , 1 or split back... If split back block ivory or now Gore..  split shady out wide occasionally or keep him tucked. If he's in split back you need to buy some time for the wheel to develop. It's a cover 2 or 3 or 4 beater

Full spread. 4 wide or 3 wide with TE and inside zone. With Morse this should be 4 yards money

IFORM 1 TE. Stretch run , you can flip it to the Weak side and it's still very good. Use this to set up weak counter.. then go spider 2 y banana.  FB surprisingly open and can get good yards. If they guess run he's gone

^^ this is your run the game out offense

Also Spread 3 WRs to one side. PA bubble screen.. put McKenzie or foster in that bubble screen position and it's money on Tampa 2 or cover 3

Don't overuse it and tap the trigger to pull out of the playfake sooner and it's one of  the best gadget plays . you need quick gadget plays with a weak offense

#1 Madden rule is NEVER BE LATE ON THROWS. It's all TIMING

If your late dont throw it

Hope some of this helps ?

I might DM you when Madden 20 releases and you play on PS4 haha. We can do a few Bills v Bills intersquad scrimmages. I have a lot to learn. Rely too much on a handful of routes - RB wheel routes you mentioned.. I use that play, but when you spam it too much it starts to bite you when that gets schemed out of your playbook by.

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I might DM you when Madden 20 releases and you play on PS4 haha. We can do a few Bills v Bills intersquad scrimmages. I have a lot to learn. Rely too much on a handful of routes.

I don't have a PS4 ☹️

What are you go to routes?

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don't have a PS4 ☹️

What are you go to routes?

A lot of what you said, split backs formation, wheel routes, rub routes, TE short crossing routes, TE stick, FB Texas route (I don't know what the route really is called. I-Form, he basically runs around the linemen then crosses.. LBs can't reach him in time) I'd probably put Robert Foster in the slot for my four verticals big play. The fast slot guys can burn a cover 2 running that deep crossing route. Tough throw for a bad quarterback, anything other than a tampa cover 2 and even the right pass on that play to the slot could just be thrown terribly by a bad video game Josh Allen right into a zone LB. Bubble screens always scared me but I'll try them more.

Charles Clay was dependable so I probably can't do my TE plays as effectively with the Bills. I'm telling you man. This year's gonna be harder than ever with the Madden Bills. I was about .500 with 2015 first year of Rex Bills roster. That was a great Madden roster.

But I don't have much in my arsenal so my gimmick plays like these with the Bills will get exposed real quick and at some point in the game I have to start playing a traditional West Coast offense scrambling whenever possible.. which just doesn't work so well with the Bills against some Madden Juggernaut.

4 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

A lot of what you said, split backs formation, wheel routes, TE short crossing routes, TE stick, I'd probably put Robert Foster in the slot for my four verticals big play. The fast slot guys can burn a cover 2 running that deep crossing route. Tough throw for a bad quarterback, anything other than a tampa cover 2 and even the right pass on that play to the slot could just be thrown terribly by a bad video game Josh Allen right into a zone LB.

But I don't have much in my arsenal so my gimmick plays like these with the Bills will get exposed real quick and at some point in the game I have to start playing a traditional West Coast offense scrambling whenever possible.. which just doesn't work so well with the Bills against some Madden Juggernaut.

Do you use the route adjuster when you scramble?

I'm also a big defense to offense kinda guy. I routinely get 3 picks a game with a lot of pick 6s.. bills offense can't do it all alone

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you use the route adjuster when you scramble?

I'm also a big defense to offense kinda guy. I routinely get 3 picks a game with a lot of pick 6s.. bills offense can't do it all alone

nah I'll have to look into it. I'm assuming you're just getting your WRs to adjust on broken plays, get out of the way, or get somewhere to block?

I hate passing on the run with Bill's QBs, I'll have the perfect guy wide open on a broken play and Josh Allen will set his feet, and proceed to throw 5 yards my WR's right straight into a defender. Never do it. Bad quarterbacks just get godawful throwing on the run, even when you stop them and set.

I f***ing hate videogame Josh Allen lol

9 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

nah I'll have to look into it. I'm assuming you're just getting your WRs to adjust on broken plays, get out of the way, or get somewhere to block?

I hate passing on the run with Bill's QBs, I'll have the perfect guy wide open on a broken play and Josh Allen will set his feet, and proceed to throw 5 yards my WR's right straight into a defender. Never do it. Bad quarterbacks just get godawful throwing on the run, even when you stop them and set.

I f***ing hate videogame Josh Allen lol

I use the route adjuster on broken plays for big pass plays. You can also use it when scrambling to adjust your WR to block like you said

When scrambling flick the right analog in the direction you want your WR to change direction too. It will adjust the closest WR

So imagine foster on a drag from left to right. They are in zone... You scramble right with him and flick up... He now dashes up the sideline and toasts the zone coverage running free for a 40+ yard play

*** Also they now have a THROW ON RUN STAT.. I think Allen's is higher than his normal accuracy

Don't set your feet when scrambling and throwing, just let it rip

Edited by Buffalo716