Bengals G Clint Boling retires

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Dalton is gonna get destroyed 

yup.  But they will get his replacement with the number 1 pick.

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe they would actually give us something for their old pal Bodine... move Billy Price to G

Not far fetched. They might want him back since he knows their system.

• Like (+1) 1

..can certainly emphasize with the lad's concern over blood clot(s).....exactly what killed my late wife post double lung transplant surgery........good luck lad in your post football life ahead with all the best health wise...........:thumbsup:.....

• Sad 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Damn....I've had a blood clot in my leg my freshman year in college.  I fouled a ball off of my shin....fouled it off hard.  A lot of swelling.

The only serious threat I know of with a blood clot is a PE. I'm not quite sure what's going on with this one.

50 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The only serious threat I know of with a blood clot is a PE. I'm not quite sure what's going on with this one.

Breaks free and lands in your head.

Embolisms are nothing to sneeze at

wish the Young Man well. good player and seems a good dude

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Breaks free and lands in your head.

Embolisms are nothing to sneeze at

wish the Young Man well. good player and seems a good dude

I get the part about PE's. Very deadly. Just didn't realize a blood clot itself could be untreatable. 

Given the injury to their top draft pick & now this it looks like it could be a long season for Andy & the offense ! Not a great position for the new HC to be in either i bet he's having night mares !! 

14 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I get the part about PE's. Very deadly. Just didn't realize a blood clot itself could be untreatable. 

Hey guys. Bengals fan here who lives in Bills country. They've known this was coming. It was actually reported/rumored by Bengals writers a while ago that he was going to retire. Not saying it doesn't suck though.

I have factor five which is basically the opposite of hemophilia. My blood over clots. They can treat it with blood thinners that basically make me a hemophiliac. Can't speak on Boling but it sounds similar. It's not just PE that can be dangerous. Can travel to your heart and give you a heart attack. You may remember Luke Perry just died when a clot traveled to his brain and gave him a stroke. Have to have surgery on Monday and even though it's a simple surgery it complicates things for me.

Anyway, I really love the talent on Cincinnati. A lot of people forget before the injuries really piled up they started the season 5-1 and were one play away from being 6-1. I personally felt the coaching was the biggest issue. It's hard to know what to expect from a new coach though. It could be a learning year. We will see. I'm just happy to be done with Marvin.

Good Luck this year.

• Thank you (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, Bloody Pirate said:

Hey guys. Bengals fan here who lives in Bills country. They've known this was coming. It was actually reported/rumored by Bengals writers a while ago that he was going to retire. Not saying it doesn't suck though.

I have factor five which is basically the opposite of hemophilia. My blood over clots. They can treat it with blood thinners that basically make me a hemophiliac. Can't speak on Boling but it sounds similar. It's not just PE that can be dangerous. Can travel to your heart and give you a heart attack. You may remember Luke Perry just died when a clot traveled to his brain and gave him a stroke. Have to have surgery on Monday and even though it's a simple surgery it complicates things for me.

Anyway, I really love the talent on Cincinnati. A lot of people forget before the injuries really piled up they started the season 5-1 and were one play away from being 6-1. I personally felt the coaching was the biggest issue. It's hard to know what to expect from a new coach though. It could be a learning year. We will see. I'm just happy to be done with Marvin.

Good Luck this year.

Good luck to you as well. I’m the opposite - a Bills fan living in Bengals country. I don’t like or dislike their roster, but despite how much I love him for his TD to launch us into the playoffs., I think Dalton is the biggest issue as to why they can’t get over the hump. They always look good early in the season when the weather is good, but his arm just can’t drive the ball when it gets to crunch time in November/December.  Mixon is very good (people may forget he led the league in rushing last year) but wonder how much the OL will impact him. In the past, their offense succeeded or failed based on the OL. Dalton isn’t the type of QB that can overcome a bad line. I also think their LB were bad last year, their mid round pick will need to step up. Of course injuries always seem to hit them too. It has been so long since they have had a different HC it’s really hard to tell what level of difference Zac Taylor will make, good or bad. He’s very inexperienced but they did need new blood.

I can agree with the o-line. Although I think Dalton isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I actually think he is better but I also don't look at him as a Rodgers or that guy that can take over a game week in and week out. He does need the line to play better. They have talent at the skill positions.

As far as Mixon, the line was bad last year and he still produced. I just think he is one of those backs who can create and make up for a bad line. If the line can be even slightly better the sky's the limit for him. That's something we will just have to wait and see.

The line backers were awful last year. Brown who they signed from the bills is decent but immediately got hurt and his play dipped after that. Vigil was basically the same. After that it's up to Jefferson who they drafted in the 3rd last year and Pratt who went in the 3rd this year. I remember reading from PFF that the bengals have one of the best secondaries in the nfl and a ton of talent on the d-line but their line backers were the worst in the league and that is what killed them. They have some young talent there but it is definitely an area of concern.

11 minutes ago, Bloody Pirate said:

I can agree with the o-line. Although I think Dalton isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I actually think he is better but I also don't look at him as a Rodgers or that guy that can take over a game week in and week out. He does need the line to play better. They have talent at the skill positions.

As far as Mixon, the line was bad last year and he still produced. I just think he is one of those backs who can create and make up for a bad line. If the line can be even slightly better the sky's the limit for him. That's something we will just have to wait and see.

The line backers were awful last year. Brown who they signed from the bills is decent but immediately got hurt and his play dipped after that. Vigil was basically the same. After that it's up to Jefferson who they drafted in the 3rd last year and Pratt who went in the 3rd this year. I remember reading from PFF that the bengals have one of the best secondaries in the nfl and a ton of talent on the d-line but their line backers were the worst in the league and that is what killed them. They have some young talent there but it is definitely an area of concern.

I really like their drafts the last two years. Sam Hubbard and Jesse Bates especially. They need more from dalton to be a contender. If Eifert is healthy he makes a big difference. However, i think if Zac Taylor can effectively do what he did in LA with the Rams offense it could work. But, LAR had one of the top OLs.

Edited by YoloinOhio