Zeke now says he will hold out of TC unless he gets a new deal

17 hours ago, Virgil said:

With his suspension history, he should play on good faith. Dudes a ticking time bomb and any team would be an idiot to give him long guaranteed money. 

That contract would need to have conduct clauses 

This x10000000. Well said, took the words right out of my mouth---err fingertips.

Honestly, the guy is a moron scumbag. Maybe be a model citizen and hold out, don't be a complete waste of life and expect a team to extend your contract.

Sure he's a great running back, but there's just so much more to it. Also he's like 12 years old, had some good seasons, maybe become a vet and then act like this, kid.

Bills fans: Teams would be stupid to pay even top running backs.  If they we smart they’d just trade them away and draft their replacement on day 3 before they have to pay them.  They break down early anyway.

Also Bills fans:  We love Shady.  Happy to have him.  So what if he’s still one of the highest paid RBs in the league?  The contract was fair - he is a premier RB after all.  Poor 2018 season?  That was the OL’s fault.  He’ll be fine.  Besides, we don’t have anyone that can adequately replace him.  Yeah, I know we drafted Singletary, but that was in the THIRD ROUND.  He can’t do what Shady can.  So what if he’s over 30?  He’s still got it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Bills fans: Teams would be stupid to pay even top running backs.  If they we smart they’d just trade them away and draft their replacement on day 3 before they have to pay them.  They break down early anyway.

Also Bills fans:  We love Shady.  Happy to have him.  So what if he’s still one of the highest paid RBs in the league?  The contract was fair - he is a premier RB after all.  Poor 2018 season?  That was the OL’s fault.  He’ll be fine.  Besides, we don’t have anyone that can adequately replace him.  Yeah, I know we drafted Singletary, but that was in the THIRD ROUND.  He can’t do what Shady can.  So what if he’s over 30?  He’s still got it.

Most on here didn’t agree with the money Whaley paid Shady. However the Bills have no cap issues and have no need to save money by cutting him. Single Gary is small and comes from a nowhere school. He might be great but it’s a very big if. And the fact Allen came from Wyoming was a very big question mark too.  One that hopefully will be answered this year.

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Most on here didn’t agree with the money Whaley paid Shady. However the Bills have no cap issues and have no need to save money by cutting him. Single Gary is small and comes from a nowhere school. He might be great but it’s a very big if. And the fact Allen came from Wyoming was a very big question mark too.  One that hopefully will be answered this year.

ae126cda4cb85b9015ee4e51330a2b94.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

You could say the same for Bell who has been suspended for weed ... More than once I believe. And yet the Jests paid him like he was a choirboy.

Somebody will always regret paying for a "star".

I'd bet that the Freak and Gordon both get solid deals from their current teams.

fixed it for you

He is very good. But his OLine is better! Some of these guys need reality check. Only the Giants' Saquon Barkley is so damn good he is worth the money and transcends his blockers.

For example, I love me some Shady and hopefully he's still got it, but last year with a mediocre OLine he could have been as good as ever the results would have the same dismal ones.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t think you’ll find that’s true with over half of this board 

17 hours ago, Needle said:

Zeke avoids a suspension last week and demands pay raise this week. Clown

He’s a clown because he is trying to make as much money as he can playing a position that teams don’t value anymore?  I get he has done dumb things but this is exactly what he should be doing.  He has leverage and teams have no loyalty to players, especially rbs.  

The Cowboys are in a tough spot but they will play him because Jerry loves scumbags.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The double standard is what I was alluding to.  Many people here will explain away whatever the Bills do and rip others for doing the same things.  Your post is a pretty good example of that.  Also most here didn’t have an issue with Shady s deal.  He was integral to that offense - as Zeek is to Dallas’s.  The two situations are very similar.

I understood what the Bills were doing trying to win with Tyrod, Shady and defense.  IF that’s the plan, then having (and paying) a back like Shady is necessary.  My problem was with that being the plan.  They needed a big rebuild around a new FQB.  Dak is a better QB than Tyrod but I’d want better for my team.  He MIGHT be good enough though.  If Dallas thinks he is, then they need a back like Zeek and they have to pay him.  The alternative is to start over and that’s a tough sell to fans. 

As for Gary, I didn’t mean that I think he’s ready to take over. I was just pointing to how often people post things like “just draft a RB in the fourth or fifth round and plug him in”. 

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t think you’ll find that’s true with over half of this board 

Dunno.  I’d like to see the numbers on that. It sure seems like the majority have been against teams paying the last 3 or 4 RBs looking for big, new deals.  Also seems like a majority here were okay paying McCoy. 

Edited by BarleyNY

23 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don’t think Dak Prescott is a franchise QB. Everything is going RB by committee and Zeke has off field issues. He is a top 5 RB talent but I just don’t see the RB position having leverage in a hold out.

^^^^^Exactly. How much did Bell end leaving on the table with Pittsburgh after he prolonged his hold out to the entire season? 

On 7/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, MacGyver said:

Who do these running backs think they are?  RB's just aren't worth what they used to be, get over it.

unless you are the NYJ's, or Oakland Raiders.  They would overpay for a RB.  There is always someone who will! 

3 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

He is very good. But his OLine is better! Some of these guys need reality check. Only the Giants' Saquon Barkley is so damn good he is worth the money and transcends his blockers.

For example, I love me some Shady and hopefully he's still got it, but last year with a mediocre OLine he could have been as good as ever the results would have the same dismal ones.

Watching Bell get hammered this year will be satisfying.  The Steelers line is the reason he was able to do his dance step, then forward move.  May not have that time in NYJ.  And won't have it when Oliver is coming for you!   Same with Zeke.  Dude has a great OL.  

Gordon, on the other hand, usually has a suspect OL.   What would he look like behind a good OL.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

^^^^^Exactly. How much did Bell end leaving on the table with Pittsburgh after he prolonged his hold out to the entire season? 

Well that depends if Bell would have gotten injured and not got a high paying contract post holdout.

Kirk Cousins took a chance taking franchise tag money that he would not get injured several years before Minnesota deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/16/2019 at 2:50 PM, RyanC883 said:

unless you are the NYJ's, or Oakland Raiders.  They would overpay for a RB.  There is always someone who will! 

Watching Bell get hammered this year will be satisfying.  The Steelers line is the reason he was able to do his dance step, then forward move.  May not have that time in NYJ.  And won't have it when Oliver is coming for you!   Same with Zeke.  Dude has a great OL.  

Gordon, on the other hand, usually has a suspect OL.   What would he look like behind a good OL.  

You are 100% correct, that Steelers O-Line is scary good. They could put a 5th  rd rookie back there and he will have 1,200 yds and 11 TD's. I have a feeling Bell will be injured a few times throughout the season. I'm staying far away from him in FFL.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, Jerome007 said:

Elliott is an extremely good player and a difference maker. I don’t pretend to know his worth, but at this point in his career (the peak, basically) he’s not interchangeable. That is, he’s not a dime a dozen. Does his presence add up to two WAR (wins above replacement)? If so - and I’m not saying it is - than he deserves to be paid. The difference between 11-5/10-6 and 9-7/8-8 is obviously huge.

Even after rookie signings, the Cowboys have over $19 million in cap space. Any extra money that goes to that disgusting pig Jerry Jones is by very definition better spent on someone who is not him.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

PS - For those who were wondering, Elliott has led the league in average rushing yards per game all three years of his career.  Over three seasons, his ypc is 4.7, which is really good given the fairly large sample size at this point (868 carries). 

Edited by dave mcbride