Zeke now says he will hold out of TC unless he gets a new deal

1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

Who do these running backs think they are?  RB's just aren't worth what they used to be, get over it.

I remember a game years ago where some obscure running back ran for 200 yards or so...Tony Seragusa was like: "I never even heard of the guy!"

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Not the guy you give a long term deal to.  Gotta prove he can stay on field 

You could say the same for Bell who has been suspended for weed ... More than once I believe. And yet the Jests paid him like he was a choirboy.

Somebody will always pay for a star.

I'd bet that the Freak and Gordon both get solid deals from their current teams.

5 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

You could say the same for Bell who has been suspended for weed ... More than once I believe. And yet the Jests paid him like he was a choirboy.

Somebody will always pay for a star.

I'd bet that the Freak and Gordon both get solid deals from their current teams.

bell at least had two straight seasons and for now this upcomng will be the third where he is not facing a suspension.  Zeke got in some trouble again this off season and i dont think is facing suspension but i know he met with goodell. you're right that someone will pay him but the guy hasn't stopped getting in trouble. Bell seems to have stopped getting in trouble. 

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Do the Cowgirls want to go into the decisive “is Dak a franchise QB” season without his biggest asset? Intriguing.  

Yep. I have no problem with young running backs doing what they can to maximize their earnings. This could be his one chance to cash in. And with the element you mentioned, he's got serious leverage.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the fact that he’s still on his rookie deal makes it different from the Gordon situation in San Diego.  In my mind the NFLPA is in a bind on Zeke.  They collectively bargained to control rookie wages in order to provide more of the pie to vets.  Will the NFLPA support him holding out?  The Cowboys have already exercised the fifth year option on the existing contract, Zeke now has two years left on this deal.  Tough call given the production in rushing and receptions with Zeke.  I think my priorities would be Dak and Amari first followed by Zeke.  Tough call.