Mens room urinal etiquette clarification

The Poojer

For the record, i walked up, took it out, looked forward, said "Hey George, how's it going" he responded in kind, and we proceeded to finish our business, keep in mind he was already there so meeting at the sink for an acknowledgement would have taken some tricky timing.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

For the record, i walked up, took it out, looked forward, said "Hey George, how's it going" he responded in kind, and we proceeded to finish our business, keep in mind he was already there so meeting at the sink for an acknowledgement would have taken some tricky timing.

I think the looking forward piece is what's most important.  Don't want to make eye contact whilst pissing.

23 hours ago, The Poojer said:

if you are in the mens room and approach the only remaining urinal and your boss is already at the other urinal, is it acceptable to acknowledge him?  Keep in mind, i am not going to go pee in a crapper so that option was off the table

Just don't wear flip flops to the men's room!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Going???????

Off-topic but this just happened 2 weeks ago. We have 2 urinals at work, I'm at one and this guy at another. He finishes up before me and goes straight from urinal to hand dryer!!!!!!!??????? Like what are you drying? Pee? Sweat?? Both??? and does it really take that long to wash your hands?? like come one man!'

But yea, cool to say hi, but don't start full conversations until both are done.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Shamrock said:

Do we need to confirm the sex of the boss at some stage... just saying, my work now has signs saying the bathroom are gender neutral...

Well the OP did say that he was standing next to his boss at the urinal.  If his boss happens to be female this scenario would be especially odd.  Although, there are supposedly devices out there that will allow women to pee standing up.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Well the OP did say that he was standing next to his boss at the urinal.  If his boss happens to be female this scenario would be especially odd.  Although, there are supposedly devices out there that will allow women to pee standing up.

there are  

I was looking for a site safe picture but I decided not to at the time

s-l640.jpg

LOL

austria-women-pee-standing-up.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 7/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, The Poojer said:

if you are in the mens room and approach the only remaining urinal and your boss is already at the other urinal, is it acceptable to acknowledge him?  Keep in mind, i am not going to go pee in a crapper so that option was off the table

Critical information missing. Are there dividers?  If no dividers, you say nothing and make no furtive movements. 

On 7/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, teef said:

every time i get on a subway, the number grows.

Thats not all that grows...

On 7/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, The Poojer said:

actually i touched it in admiration....is that going to be a problem?

So you work with Caitlen Jenner??

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.