Mens room urinal etiquette clarification

The Poojer

3 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

if you are in the mens room and approach the only remaining urinal and your boss is already at the other urinal, is it acceptable to acknowledge him?  Keep in mind, i am not going to go pee in a crapper so that option was off the table

I say it's acceptable to acknowledge him.

Depending on the strength of your working relationship, you might want to add, "nice one."

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

if you are in the mens room and approach the only remaining urinal and your boss is already at the other urinal, is it acceptable to acknowledge him?  Keep in mind, i am not going to go pee in a crapper so that option was off the table

How many rungs up the ladder does "your boss" actually count. 

Program / Project Manager?

Supervisor?

Department Manager?

Department head?

VP of Operations?

For the most part it would have to do with how often I interacted with them.    My last and current manager were my "friends" for years before them became my boss. 

Damn straight I'll bust their balls 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Was it a shake?  Or more of a pet?

Shake (pet) more than thrice and you are playing with it 

Speaking of urinal etiqutte...Is it only a Buffalo thing where during a sporting event, you pick a urinal to line up at?  Other stadiums/arenas i've been to, the line is out the door because the person at the front of the line enters the bathroom and then stands back and waits to see which of 25 urinals opens up first?

I find your discussion of binary gender discriminated rest rooms to be a violation of my space space on the internets

triggered-meme-gif-3.gif&f=1

And the correct answer is to avoid social contact in the men's room.  The men's room serves a specific purpose and is not to be used for social gatherings or impromptu work meetings

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Speaking of urinal etiqutte...Is it only a Buffalo thing where during a sporting event, you pick a urinal to line up at?  Other stadiums/arenas i've been to, the line is out the door because the person at the front of the line enters the bathroom and then stands back and waits to see which of 25 urinals opens up first?

In the clubs it's single file for first available. 

As for the boss, if they turn to look at you as you enter, a simple head nod is good enough, unless they speak. Then you answer. If they keep their eyes forward and don't look your way, ignore them. 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

That’s a city by city thing

In Montreal they held up the line to see what opened first, Toronto is 50/50 on that

i always get it wrong

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.