Doug Marrone on PMT Tomorrow

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

One point was wrong; another point was presented without context.  That makes them misrepresentations. 

With respect to point two, you seem to be demonizing a common practice: coaches constantly "hand pick" their staff, just to find out after working with that person the relationship does not work.  To cast it in this weird light is so odd.  Besides that, I don't even think he was casting blame.  He just described what happened.  Here's what probably happened: that referral was a ***** coach, and probably hired ***** staff.  So, when the coach referred McVay, he probably said that he isn't going down this path again.  There is literally nothing wrong with it. 

Regarding that last part, all I can say is that winners make their own luck.  I am an attorney at a good firm, and very much so could have used my relationships to get me the job.  But, I didn't.  Relying on someone else to get you a job or an interview just makes your look like a coward--like you were too afraid to apply for the job yourself.  In some instances it makes sense, but I wholeheartedly advocate people taking their professional lives into their own hands. 

we agree to diagree in the other stuff, but not on the job recommendation stuff.

Hiring someone is always a crap shoot..if someone that is respected in the organization can bring your resume to the hiring manager and say hey, Josh Allen here is a good dude, i know him well and worked with him before, and i know he would fit our culture and be an asset here..i highly recommend you talk to him....you think that is somehow the makings of a coward? That i don't get, i call that smart. Cold calling your way in and have no more credibility that some dude who randomly sent in a resume sounds kinda dumb, for botht he candidate and the hiring firm.

..what is the old adage? Something like 90% of job changes in a professional setting come about because of your network