Doug Marrone on PMT Tomorrow

forgot to post this the other day. On the last PMT they referenced their interview with Marrone..i am really interested in hearing this. 

On one hand, i think a brilliant move by Marrone to try to appeal to his young players

On the other, i just can't see Marrone dealing with these guys. I cant see see McD doing this show either.

POD  usually drops about 1 AM, will listen early AM, post link, and give review.

Edited by plenzmd1

I’m guessing he will lead with how much money he stole from the Bills, but then go on to how jealous he is of Rex. 

But that’s just a guess......I’ve been wrong before. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Augie said:

I’m guessing he will lead with how much money he stole from the Bills, but then go on to how jealous he is of Rex. 

But that’s just a guess......I’ve been wrong before. 

Just a heads up, a podcast does not involve peas 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Just a heads up, a podcast does not involve peas 

What? I love peas, but they are SO MUCH work! That’s why my wife is barefoot shucking them in the kitchen. She barely has time to bring me my beer! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't listen to PMT much, but from what I've heard, I'm a bit surprised with Marrone being on there.

They are very similar to the Dan Lebatard show from what I understand, a lot of jokes and not taking themselves too seriously. I've just noticed the only difference between the shows is PMT tends to attract a more conservative following vs the Lebatard show having a more liberal bias. And I'm honestly fine with both.

Marrone just has always seemed like someone who takes himself too seriously for PMT. I'll check in and see if anything interesting happens before I listen.

Dan lebatard has practically banned any coaches and players from his show, especially QB's because they rarely say anything interesting. I'd guess this would go the same way. Kornheiser I know is another one who isn't a fan of having players or coaches on his radio show when he did it, because again, they're generally boring interviews.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This actually should be pretty entertaining. Bunch of #######s getting together on air. 

I don't know why but I immediately thought you said itheads shay. Then I only counted 7 characters... hahaa, funny stuff there.

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't listen to PMT much, but from what I've heard, I'm a bit surprised with Marrone being on there.

They are very similar to the Dan Lebatard show from what I understand, a lot of jokes and not taking themselves too seriously. I've just noticed the only difference between the shows is PMT tends to attract a more conservative following vs the Lebatard show having a more liberal bias. And I'm honestly fine with both.

Marrone just has always seemed like someone who takes himself too seriously for PMT. I'll check in and see if anything interesting happens before I listen.

Dan lebatard has practically banned any coaches and players from his show, especially QB's because they rarely say anything interesting. I'd guess this would go the same way. Kornheiser I know is another one who isn't a fan of having players or coaches on his radio show when he did it, because again, they're generally boring interviews.

I can't even begin to express how different these two shows are.  If you haven't listened to PMT, you should check it out.  The idea is they are ironic representations of the average dumb sports fan.  They get huge guests, despite having been ostracized by ESPN and the NFL.  They are the equivalent of musicians becoming superstars without the benefit of a major record label.  

That said, Marrone has been on a couple times now.  After Buffalo, Marrone got a tough dose of reality. He realized he needed to lighten up.  Him coming on PMT is part of that.  He is incredibly likable on the show.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Saint Doug is as fake as they come.  He’ll pretend he’s hip — remember all of the old school rap he played at Bills’ practices?

Still a douchebag, obviously.

Yup, perfectly said.