How old are civilizations actually?

CoachT

If you are looking for something interesting to learn about, look into the Joe Rogan podcasts with with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson. Also Robert Schoch and John Anthony West talk about the same stuff. If you dont like Joe Rogan then just look into their work. I have been fascinated with this stuff for 2 years now.

Long story short, these guys theorize that there were civilizations long before the Egyptians, Sumerian Chinese.... They think that the last ice age that ended about 12000 years ago, ended due to a large cosmic event like a meteor, which caused a sudden and massive rise in water levels, wiping out most major cities, which would likely be near water. This would explains all the flood myths and stories that are passed down in many cultures, like Noah and Atlantis. They also beleive that the major civilizations that started after the ice age were not the first, but actually decendants of people who lived before. If you look at egypt or some of the ruins in the America's, its clear that the older stone work and building techniques were actually better than the newer ruins. So they actually lost certain knowledge instead of building on their techniques and technology.

Their work has got a lot of pushback from "main stream science" but also the evidence seems to be piling up that these guys might be up to something.

Their work has also allowed me to learn about amazing places I had no idea about that I would love to visit. Like Petra, Gobekli Tepe and the ruins in Peru and south America which I knew about but had no idea how incredible they really were. Make sure you check out pictures of Petra if you dont know about it.

Also Graham Hancock has a great youtube video about the lost Arc of the Covinent and how some believe its in a city in Etheopia now, Aksum is the city I think. There are also some incredible ruins in Etheopia that he beleives are linked to the Knights Templar.

Anyone else into this stuff? 

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, CoachT said:

Image result for answering the call gif funny

(I am!)

Not a huge Rogan fan but Graham is interesting. 

"Everything keeps getting older..."

Have interviewed several people now who served in the ME and whose sole job was to guard archaeological dig sites from grave robbers. The stories they told about the stuff they'd see on a daily basis coming out of the ground is GREAT stuff for me to repurpose for fictional works -- since no one would believe it.

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for answering the call gif funny

(I am!)

Not a huge Rogan fan but Graham is interesting. 

"Everything keeps getting older..."

Have interviewed several people now who served in the ME and whose sole job was to guard archaeological dig sites from grave robbers. The stories they told about the stuff they'd see on a daily basis coming out of the ground is GREAT stuff for me to repurpose for fictional works -- since no one would believe it.

A very old group of Mohawks are buried next to the north section of the stadium.

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thats why 6-10? 

That is what has been said.  A curse!

4 hours ago, CoachT said:

If you are looking for something interesting to learn about, look into the Joe Rogan podcasts with with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson. Also Robert Schoch and John Anthony West talk about the same stuff. If you dont like Joe Rogan then just look into their work. I have been fascinated with this stuff for 2 years now.

Long story short, these guys theorize that there were civilizations long before the Egyptians, Sumerian Chinese.... They think that the last ice age that ended about 12000 years ago, ended due to a large cosmic event like a meteor, which caused a sudden and massive rise in water levels, wiping out most major cities, which would likely be near water. This would explains all the flood myths and stories that are passed down in many cultures, like Noah and Atlantis. They also beleive that the major civilizations that started after the ice age were not the first, but actually decendants of people who lived before. If you look at egypt or some of the ruins in the America's, its clear that the older stone work and building techniques were actually better than the newer ruins. So they actually lost certain knowledge instead of building on their techniques and technology.

Their work has got a lot of pushback from "main stream science" but also the evidence seems to be piling up that these guys might be up to something.

Their work has also allowed me to learn about amazing places I had no idea about that I would love to visit. Like Petra, Gobekli Tepe and the ruins in Peru and south America which I knew about but had no idea how incredible they really were. Make sure you check out pictures of Petra if you dont know about it.

Also Graham Hancock has a great youtube video about the lost Arc of the Covinent and how some believe its in a city in Etheopia now, Aksum is the city I think. There are also some incredible ruins in Etheopia that he beleives are linked to the Knights Templar.

Anything is possible but if these civilizations were of any size there should be evidence of some type.  What about the Altrusian's (Sleestack)?

• Like (+1) 1

I rule very little out. I think we are not nearly as smart as we think we are. In the big picture, we are slightly ahead of the average chipmunk. What will we know in 100 years that we don’t know now. A thousand? A million? 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

I rule very little out. I think we are not nearly as smart as we think we are. In the big picture, we are slightly ahead of the average chipmunk. What will we know in 100 years that we don’t know now. A thousand? A million? 

@DC Tom throws the curve off. Can we exclude him?

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I will concede DCTom knows more than your average chipmunk. He’s quite advanced, for a chipmunk. 

If we throw him out, we should also toss the impression @plenzmd1 has of me. If you listen to him, I was scheduled for a long weekend in Atlantis right before it disappeared. The truth is, I’d been thinking about the trip, but I hadn’t made reservations yet.....so that doesn’t count. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Hey, thanks for tagging me so I could waste my time reading the original post.

@CoachT, if you're in to this sort of stupidity, you should read "The Coming Global Superstorm."  Lots of "evidence" for "ancient civilizations" and "aliens" destroyed by climate change.  You'll like it.  Take a guess who wrote this review.

I don't, however, recommend https://www.amazon.com/History-Ancient-World-Earliest-Accounts-ebook/dp/B001PNYJ1C/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=ancient+civilizations&qid=1563143788&s=gateway&sr=8-2 for you.  I recommend it to everyone else, but as it's factual, coherent, well-referenced, and based in reality, it's probably not your thing.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Hey, thanks for tagging me so I could waste my time reading the original post.

@CoachT, if you're in to this sort of stupidity, you should read "The Coming Global Superstorm."  Lots of "evidence" for "ancient civilizations" and "aliens" destroyed by climate change.  You'll like it.  Take a guess who wrote this review.

I don't, however, recommend https://www.amazon.com/History-Ancient-World-Earliest-Accounts-ebook/dp/B001PNYJ1C/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=ancient+civilizations&qid=1563143788&s=gateway&sr=8-2 for you.  I recommend it to everyone else, but as it's factual, coherent, well-referenced, and based in reality, it's probably not your thing.  

You're welcome.

11 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I read her book a few years ago. It was a bit of a dull slog, with only the shortest stops in any civilization. That was a requirement given its expansive goal, but made for reading like just a long list of dates and places. 

Reading a couple pre-Clovis archeology books now. No report on them yet but the peopling of the Americas and their civilizations is a ways from what they taught in grammar school. 

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I read her book a few years ago. It was a bit of a dull slog, with only the shortest stops in any civilization. That was a requirement given its expansive goal, but made for reading like just a long list of dates and places. 

Reading a couple pre-Clovis archeology books now. No report on them yet but the peopling of the Americas and their civilizations is a ways from what they taught in grammar school. 

I saw a documentary which stated all Native Americans had common ancestors.  That is both the North American and South American natives.   I searched to see if I could find anything on this and the link I found is below which is what the documentary was based on.

I really like documentaries, especially those that relate to history.   There is a streaming service which is dedicated to documentaries, Curiosity Stream.   

https://www.the-scientist.com/daily-news/all-native-americans-descended-from-one-ancestral-population-30457

23 hours ago, CoachT said:

They think that the last ice age that ended about 12000 years ago, ended due to a large cosmic event like a meteor, which caused a sudden and massive rise in water levels, wiping out most major cities, which would likely be near water.

I have never heard of this hypothesis but 12k years is a drop in the bucket in terms of geological time, so there would be a LOT of visible evidence still remaining at the impact site.  But events of this type are massive and define geological time periods, ie. the K-T boundary about 65 million years ago (Chicxulub crater) so I find at least this part of their idea to be incredible.  

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Thnx... Pretty cool...

Zoom in real close!  I think I see a guy on fire busting folding klinai in Lot IX in chariot parking. Wow, what perfectly fine waste of a triclinium.  Looks like a hell of a Colosseum chariot-gate ***** being thrown!

Ah... To be 20 something and in Rome!

And (I) should have known... It's in the UrbanDictionary... /smh, NSFW:

Roman Tailgate

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I have never heard of this hypothesis but 12k years is a drop in the bucket in terms of geological time, so there would be a LOT of visible evidence still remaining at the impact site.  But events of this type are massive and define geological time periods, ie. the K-T boundary about 65 million years ago (Chicxulub crater) so I find at least this part of their idea to be incredible.  

I think they explain that the meteor likely exploded over the massive shield of ice that basically covered all of Canada. This would explain the lack of evidence for the impact. Also it may not necessarily be a meteor but other cosmic event like flares ....

My personal theory is there is proof of the impact and its the Hudson Bay. 

22 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

They found evidence of the meteor strike in the ice cores in 2014-2015 I believe -- which gave more evidence for Hancock's theory on a global catastrophe right in that time window. I'm on the road or I'd pull a link, but if you search ice core samples with Hancock's name you'll find some articles. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting info fellas; from what I'm reading it looks like the hypothesis (not theory I think that word is misused, at least technically) is that there were comet or asteroid fragments that bombarded Earth around that time and set huge fires which actually extended the Ice Age due to the debris in the atmosphere blocking the sun.  If proven true, it would certainly be a game-changer in terms of how human civilizations adapted to this catastrophe since it's really not all that long ago.  I know the Toba supervolcano eruption about 75,000 years ago has long been suspected of decreasing the human population from millions to possibly only thousands and may explain the bottleneck in ancestral DNA that seems to be traced back to right around this time. 

We are certainly a much more fragile species than we might like to think.  

• Like (+1) 2

"How old are civilizations actually"

Not sure, but have an idea when they ended.....

.....right around the time Al Gore Jr. discovered the internet and global warming.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1