Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?

Gugny

Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Another huge factor is Brady takes less money that doesn’t handicap the Pats.  

Brady is not taking less money, he is being paid under the table to circumvent the cap. I have no proof of this but I’m 100% sure it is happening.

Out of all the cheating that the Patriots have done to me circumventing the cap would be the worst.

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m happy to admit when I’m wrong. I’m just as happy to argue when people answer a flawed question incorrectly.  And whilst (A&FM) we’re at it, please refute my points.

And your bottom paragraph is why the answer is Brady. Name me another HOF QB who would put up w what he has and never asked for the most money?

It does not work without Brady.

I agree that it does not work without Brady.  It also does not work without pass catchers, running backs and o-linemen ... as well as defense and special teams.  BB the GM is at least partially responsible for those other, very important, pieces to the team being there.

He's also responsible for knowing when to jettison players.

And for building a winning culture.

And for discipline.

None of those things works without Belichick.  Brady is the GOAT.  But he's still just one man with one responsibility.  Not so with BB.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I agree that it does not work without Brady.  It also does not work without pass catchers, running backs and o-linemen ... as well as defense and special teams.  BB the GM is at least partially responsible for those other, very important, pieces to the team being there.

He's also responsible for knowing when to jettison players.

And for building a winning culture.

And for discipline.

None of those things works without Belichick.  Brady is the GOAT.  But he's still just one man with one responsibility.  Not so with BB.

You have Belichick and the succession of Bills QBs who have started in his tenure. Are we still talking dynasty?

Only one piece changes over the course of his run there. One tiny piece. Is he still a genius?

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You have Belichick and the succession of Bills QBs who have started in his tenure. Are we still talking dynasty?

Only one piece changes over the course of his run there. One tiny piece. Is he still a genius?

Yes.  Yes, he is.

You owe me a chicken dinner.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

If Brady had never come along, it's ridiculous to think that Belichick would not have done far better at obtaining a franchise QB than the pathetic succession of Bills GMs and coaches since 2000.  Just as I'm confident the Pats will find themselves with a more than adequate QB when Brady decides to hang 'em up.  

Drew Bledsoe was 5-13 in his 18 games with Belichick.

Brady came in and went 14-4.

Drew Bledsoe was 8-8 in his first year in Buffalo.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yes.  Yes, he is.

You owe me a chicken dinner.

If you believe that JP Losman, EJ Manual, Trent Edwards et al would thrive, allowing Belichick to be dynastic then you’re nuts.

It’s the QB.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

If Brady had never come along, it's ridiculous to think that Belichick would not have done far better at obtaining a franchise QB than the pathetic succession of Bills GMs and coaches since 2000.  Just as I'm confident the Pats will find themselves with a more than adequate QB when Brady decides to hang 'em up.  

Perhaps. What successful QBs have they drafted in that time?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

If you believe that JP Losman, EJ Manual, Trent Edwards et al would thrive, allowing Belichick to be dynastic then you’re nuts.

It’s the QB.

I never said, nor implied, that.

This is why the word, "Most," is within the question.  Of course they're both responsible; significantly so.  The question is who has been most responsible for the dynasty.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I never said, nor implied, that.

This is why the word, "Most," is within the question.  Of course they're both responsible; significantly so.  The question is who has been most responsible for the dynasty.

And, Brady has shown he is a successful QB. He would be elsewhere. Where else has Belichick been a HC? How successful was he? 

You’re the one touting your man, your disdain for Brady is because of all the beat downs HE has given this team.

I can’t argue with illogic. You either see it or you don’t. You don’t see it or you’re playing your natural troll game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

And, Brady has shown he is a successful QB. He would be elsewhere. Where else has Belichick been a HC? How successful was he? 

You’re the one touting your man, your disdain for Brady is because of all the beat downs HE has given this team.

I can’t argue with illogic. You either see it or you don’t. You don’t see it or you’re playing your natural troll game. 

I doubt either one would have been part of any dynasty without the other.

19 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think he was considered a genius when he shut down the K-Gun offense and won a super bowl as a DC.

And let's not forget that he inherited a pure crap Browns team and led them to a real wild card berth (not having to back in).

Trust me.

He was considered a great defensive coordinator not a head coach. He led the Browns to a playoff birth after losing seasons followed up by another losing season.

The genius of BB was having enough sense to draft Brady in the 6th.He was not a winning head coach until Brady started. Once Brady arrived it afforded BB the opportunity to turn his ship around. 

28 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Perhaps. What successful QBs have they drafted in that time?

Well, Garappolo, for one, which is one more than the Bills drafted in that time (leaving Josh Allen out of it, for now).  But it's not really a fair question because the Pats have had the best QB in NFL history for the past 18 years, so drafting or otherwise acquiring another QB hasn't exactly been at the top of their to-do list.  

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Well, Garappolo, for one, which is one more than the Bills drafted in that time (leaving Josh Allen out of it, for now).  But it's not really a fair question because the Pats have had the best QB in NFL history for the past 18 years, so drafting or otherwise acquiring another QB hasn't exactly been at the top of their to-do list.  

I’ll give you partial points. They have tried to draft his successor and JG is as close as they’ve come. We’ll learn more about him this season.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’ll give you partial points. They have tried to draft his successor and JG is as close as they’ve come. We’ll learn more about him this season.

JG is the only guy you could legitimately say was drafted as a potential Brady replacement and he’s turned out very well, so far, especially for a second round pick.

5 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

He was considered a great defensive coordinator not a head coach. He led the Browns to a playoff birth after losing seasons followed up by another losing season.

The genius of BB was having enough sense to draft Brady in the 6th.He was not a winning head coach until Brady started. Once Brady arrived it afforded BB the opportunity to turn his ship around. 

It is my opinion that you could have had Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi and Bill Parcells on the same staff for Belichick's Browns teams, and they still wouldn't have gone to the playoffs.

No coach is good enough to win without talent.

Not every coach is good enough to lead a dynasty in today's NFL, even with an elite QB.  There are plenty of teams over the past twenty years who've had an elite QB who've never done squat, let alone go to the Super Bowl nine times.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Not sure how you can say he would be successful elsewhere. Different team, different coach different owner etc. Too many variables