Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?

Gugny

Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Most Responsible for Pats* Dynasty: Brady or Belichick?

10 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

What would that be?

Didn’t the Bills shut them out in New England without Brady?

From ABC news:

In all, Belichick has gone 13-6 (.684) in 19 games without Brady at quarterback for the Patriots. To put that in context, no other team?in the league besides Belichick'sPatriots has posted a winning percentage higher than .684 since Belichick and Bradyjoined forces in 2000.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

From ABC news:

Right.

And most of those games were the year after the Patriots came a hair away from going undefeated. That roster was stacked. Sort of like when Frank Reich would come in for the Bills.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have to go with Belichick because he's also the GM.  As important as Brady has been, it's still a team game and Belichick has been putting the other pieces into place.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Right.

And most of those games were the year after the Patriots came a hair away from going undefeated. That roster was stacked. Sort of like when Frank Reich would come in for the Bills.

Right? Right what? I'm not trying to make a point here one way or the other. You asked what Belichick's record was without Brady and I simply furnished the information you requested. You're welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

Belichek isn’t throwing those clutch passes on the field. There’s only so much a coach can do, the players have to execute and he has arguably the greatest of all time at the most important position on the field. Some will point to Belichek’s 13-6 record without Brady and I’d say that sort of success wouldn’t be sustainable. I’d use his record as head coach prior to Brady taking the field to support my argument.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I went Belichick, in part because of how they get better as the season progresses. He’s 67 now, isn’t it about time for him to hang it up too? Please?

...agree with Belichick......how many years has the 6 foot hole been dug and shovels ready to bury the declining Pats?....of course Brady has been a huge part, but just when you think major adversity has struck, BB finds a way to keep on winning.....losing Brady and going 11-5 with Cassel (shockingly MISSED the playoffs) as an example....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Belichek isn’t throwing those clutch passes on the field. There’s only so much a coach can do, the players have to execute and he has arguably the greatest of all time at the most important position on the field. Some will point to Belichek’s 13-6 record without Brady and I’d say that sort of success wouldn’t be sustainable. I’d use his record as head coach prior to Brady taking the field to support my argument.

This is all very true, which is why any coach I've ever spoken to at ANY level, including the NFL, to a man says it's always about PLAYERS and their talent first and foremost. Schemes are nice, but TALENT wins more games than anything else. I suspect it will always be this way. 

But the talent gap at the top level is minimal. There are great players on even the worst of teams. Belichick is simply the best their ever was at mitigating poor execution. He's also unequaled in in-game management. He starts managing the clock in the first quarter, for crissakes. His peers don't even consider it. And don't get me started on his field position management, either. Like the old saying goes, he's playing chess when all the rest are playing checkers. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hopefully soon Belichick will have to win games not because of Brady, but despite him. There was some evidence of this at times already. Not that he doesn’t have some great moments, but Father Time is undefeated. 

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is all very true, which is why any coach I've ever spoken to at ANY level, including the NFL, to a man says it's always about PLAYERS and their talent first and foremost. Schemes are nice, but TALENT wins more games than anything else. I suspect it will always be this way. 

But the talent gap at the top level is minimal. There are great players on even the worst of teams. Belichick is simply the best their ever was at mitigating poor execution. He's also unequaled in in-game management. He starts managing the clock in the first quarter, for crissakes. His peers don't even consider it. And don't get me started on his field position management, either. Like the old saying goes, he's playing chess when all the rest are playing checkers. 

Agree 100% with all of this.

I'll also add that Belichick knows the NFL rules better than anyone on earth - and he uses that knowledge to his advantage.

What most people call "cheating," is really just knowing the rules and using them to their benefit.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1