Snow Game - Bills Colts 2017 - 2pt Conversion

That season was very flukey. This particular play, the fumble called on Matt Ryan against the falcons, and Ofcourse the Dalton td pass on a 4th down to push the bills into the playoffs. Enjoy it, things don't typically go the bills way 

20 hours ago, Doc said:

It was the right call.   He was past 1yard from the LOS. 

See I think this too. It is extremely close (and the snow does make it more difficult because you don't have the benefit of the field markings) but to my eye he is just past that 1 yard point and if he is then it is definite PI. I can think of far more egregious calls that have gone both for and against the Bills than that one.  

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

That season was very flukey. This particular play, the fumble called on Matt Ryan against the falcons, and Ofcourse the Dalton td pass on a 4th down to push the bills into the playoffs. Enjoy it, things don't typically go the bills way 

Yea I think the Matt Ryan fumble was a worse call to me his arm was definitely coming forward when the ball came loose. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

See I think this too. It is extremely close (and the snow does make it more difficult because you don't have the benefit of the field markings) but to my eye he is just past that 1 yard point and if he is then it is definite PI. I can think of far more egregious calls that have gone both for and against the Bills than that one.  

I don't see it as being all that close.  The ball is snapped at the 2-yard line, the goal line has been cleared and is visible, and Aiken has his left foot right near it when he starts blocking Hyde. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't see it as being all that close.  The ball is snapped at the 2-yard line, the goal line has been cleared and is visible, and Aiken has his left foot right near it when he starts blocking Hyde. 

Im not a big fan of blocking before the ball is thrown in general.  I know the rules are like - within a yard its OK, but i don't really think it should ever be OK.  

20 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Im not a big fan of blocking before the ball is thrown in general.  I know the rules are like - within a yard its OK, but i don't really think it should ever be OK.  

I can see it for screen passes because they're so quick.  For that play, I agree with you.

Just now, Doc said:

I can see it for screen passes because they're so quick.  For that play, I agree with you.

I just hate the pick plays like that - i guess because i can contact you in that area its ok?  but its still a strange gray area.  If they add PI to challenges i expect like 90% of them to be rub routes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The sure looks like a borer line pick play, makes it a more difficult cal with all the snow

Not difficult at all.  All you need to know is that the ball is spotted at the 2 yard line and the proximity of Aiken to the endzone, which had been cleared and was readily visible.

26 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I just hate the pick plays like that - i guess because i can contact you in that area its ok?  but its still a strange gray area.  If they add PI to challenges i expect like 90% of them to be rub routes.

AGREED 100%, it is very vague.. l   also hate it because the Pats have perfected it, they k now all the rules cold and how far to bend them, know which refs are more or less likely to call them.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

33 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It was a terrible call. That literally never gets called except for that one time.  I'll take it, however.

It was the right call and should be called all the time.  It's terrible that it isn't and usually benefits teams who don't need it.

Edited by Doc

The drought is over, we need to move on at some point.  Watch the "comeback game"  Beebe stepped out of bounds on a TD, Talley was holding on the INT in OT.  Watch the sportscenter highlights.....what should we do start a thread on how the comeback might never should have happened and the Bills never went to four in a row?

Missed calls are part of every NFL game ever.  The Bills won the snow game, end of story.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was the right call and should be called all the time.  It's terrible that it isn't and usually benefits teams who don't need it.

But if it's hardly ever called ... then players play with an expectation that it won't be called. When the unstated rules (not the written ones) suddenly change, then that's a problem.  I guarantee you that if the shoe were on the other foot, we Bills fan would be complaining to this day. And rightly so.

Sadly, we had to take our kids to the car at the beginning of the 4th due to exposure.   A few of them were flat out freezing.

Was kinda scary to realize there isn't a single hallway heater or area to go if you aren't in club seats to warm up.  I put that on the survey for upgrades to New Era if that's the way they go.

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

But if it's hardly ever called ... then players play with an expectation that it won't be called. When the unstated rules (not the written ones) suddenly change, then that's a problem.  I guarantee you that if the shoe were on the other foot, we Bills fan would be complaining to this day. And rightly so.

Maybe.  I've complained about PI against the Bills that wouldn't be called against the Cheaters.  But the rule is the rule.  How far downfield do you want to allow players to block before the ball reaches the target?  Should the refs have said "aw, just give it to 'em"?

Edited by Doc

On 7/14/2019 at 11:05 AM, BillsM@fia said:

I agree with everything you said.  It was very frustrating, because the Bills would have waltz'd over this Colts team but the snow evened the playing field.  (Oh and Tyrod was injured as well).

Yep, it is silly as all games are important when making the playoffs, but I thought this was the most pivotal play in the most pivotal game.

But hey, if we have to play in another Blizzard again this season, we have a 1-2 punch at running back (Gore/McCoy) that is well equipped to weather the elements.

I’m actually not convinced the snow didn’t help us that game. Had the weather been decent, Peterman probably throws 7 picks and we lose. 

• Like (+1) 2

That was one of the more fun game experiences I can barely remember.  Everyone at the bar was having tons of fun.  The game itself was a farce but still exciting.  

The Colts had every opportunity to win.  Don't care about one call when you're playing against Peterman and Joe Webb.