CBS Lists Top 10 Coaches, include McDermott

On 7/14/2019 at 1:40 AM, purple haze said:

Under performed how?  They haven't been below .500 in his tenure.  They've made the playoffs 8 of 12 seasons.  They are consistently good.  They've been in two Super Bowls.  I'm not saying Tomlin is a perfect coach.  But this idea he is not a good coach is strange to the say the least.  And most of his players do respect him.  You're talking about AB and James Harrison, two malcontents.  And in Brown a player teammates criticized openly..  And who, Leveon Bell?  He had issues with management moreso than Tomlin, and yet another player teammates criticized openly.  Meanwhile Tomlin has coached hundreds of players.  

Don't forget Big Ben likes to air out dirty laundry on his local radio segment on guys like AB who are going to be easily triggered.

And threaten retirement every year then get mad when they draft a QB. They've drafted far as well as talent goes, but it's hard to forecast how guys will react to success. And I think that has been their main issue. The FO has done a good job, Tomlin has often put them in a position to succeed. And the players just go off in their own world.

23 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Don't forget Big Ben likes to air out dirty laundry on his local radio segment on guys like AB who are going to be easily triggered.

And threaten retirement every year then get mad when they draft a QB. They've drafted far as well as talent goes, but it's hard to forecast how guys will react to success. And I think that has been their main issue. The FO has done a good job, Tomlin has often put them in a position to succeed. And the players just go off in their own world.

Oh, I didn't forget Ben, but as much as he runs his mouth, I've never heard him dog Tomlin.  But yeah, he's part of the problems.  If the QB is a blame shifter you got trouble brewing.  And the GM doesn't criticize the QB, but makes him all powerful.   As I said, this notion that one grown man can control another one is misguided.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, PlayoffsPlease said:

Are the Seahawks also an anomal? Do you even understand the discussion point in question is about whether or not McDermott is doing the turnaround quickly.  Key word in the discussion is quickly. 

Seahawks took 3 years... Pete probably wouldn't be there if they didn't find Russell Wilson either.

Do you like ALWAYS being wrong? I see the other posters like it...

Edited by Boca BIlls