Richie Incognito Suspended 2 Games

CNY315

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

question is, how does it really affect your life? it seems it has in some form of the way since you have been so concerned about his condition, career and his life over all. so I ask, why does it bother you so much?

Uh this is a thread about RI and his suspension. I am just staying on topic. I’m not “bothered” by any of it just because I commented on it. You do know how these things work, yes? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Uh this is a thread about RI and his suspension. I am just staying on topic. I’m not “bothered” by any of it just because I commented on it. You do know how these things work, yes? 

It’s a sports forum and we just bring up topics, sometimes it is really serious , and sometimes it is totally mocking and ironic?

22 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

How many employers are this tolerant? Real world translation means the unenjoyment line.

A lot of employers that are among the top 64 in their profession may get away with many of this as well. I mean we say this about NFL players but even the lesser guards (or any position) are given these breaks because they're one of the best in the world simply for being and succeeding in the NFL. I don't really understand the translation with professional athletes because we don't consider that they are basically a club of the top engineering geniuses (insert profession) in the world. And even more so in the business world where you're not limited to 32 teams with roster limits. Any employer anywhere would still ask if someone's value is greater than the baggage they bring.

The NFL wouldn't be as tolerant with a guy on the bubble. Just as it wouldn't be as tolerant for your average laborer. If Richie worked in a technical profession, he'd be an analogous genius among his peers where he's given a way longer rope to hang himself with. And even then he would get opportunities at less prestigious places for less money (some imaginary professional minor league) if he was banned from the genius club (NFL). It takes a really extreme screw up and PR hit.. like when players legit really can't get back to the NFL.. to not be allowed in when you have the talent. And at that point the guy probably has some serious legal issues going on anyway just like anyone else.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

22 hours ago, Doc said:

I’m just glad he worked hard and stayed out of trouble while he was with the Bills. It would’ve been nice to get another year out of him but it wasn’t meant to be. Not the Bills’ problem anymore.

Seems like he really needs football's structure in his life to stay out of trouble, and sadly he can't do that forever. Man needs to find something else to give him structure. Which is really the case with any problematic people. It's an often repeated history in the NFL.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Seems like he really needs football's structure in his life to stay out of trouble, and sadly he can't do that forever. Man needs to find something else to give him structure. Which is really the case with any problematic people. It's an often repeated history in the NFL.

This is also the case with some ex-military service members--Luckily there are better resources available now to assist vets transitioning after their service than ever before. But to go from always knowing there is someone there to tell you what to do and when/how to do it, to suddenly steering your own ship, I'm sure can be overwhelming, especially with any kind of pre-existing mental instabilities. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Maybe, but he kept himself out of trouble in previous off-seasons with the Bills. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe, but he kept himself out of trouble in previous off-seasons with the Bills. 

I don't know if he's had trouble in off-seasons. The texting deal with Jonathan Martin at Miami was in season.. and a super weird story. Encouraged by coaches or something to "make Jonathan" tougher. Just find it telling he spun out of control in a full year without football getting more trouble in this past year than his entire decade in the NFL.

He did seem to be particularly on his best behavior with the Bills not to mention probably playing his best football too. Which was great. Dude's not so relevant for me anymore.

29 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I don't know if he's had trouble in off-seasons. The texting deal with Jonathan Martin at Miami was in season.. and a super weird story. Encouraged by coaches or something to "make Jonathan" tougher. Just find it telling he spun out of control in a full year without football getting more trouble in this past year than his entire decade in the NFL.

He did seem to be particularly on his best behavior with the Bills not to mention probably playing his best football too. Which was great. Dude's not so relevant for me anymore.

Yeah, I was talking about his time with the Bills.  But I'm sure they saw some signs that led them to approach him about a pay cut.  And fortunately cut bait at the right time.

1 hour ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Huh??

His football playing career is loaded with this type of behavior.  It didn't start when he left the Bills....

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His behavior in Buffalo is the outliner of his entire life.  He has had issues since high school.  

Oh I agree. 

Makes me wonder what kind of influence this particular coaching staff had on him to keep him on the straight and narrow. Because it's not like he was here one season and stayed out of trouble. It was a several year period of, thankfully, none of this craziness. But then again, I don't even think that necessarily is the case, because his first two years here were under Wrex. 

Just very intriguing why he was good here for a couple years, and then it seemed like the second that he left, it all came flooding back.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Oh I agree. 

Makes me wonder what kind of influence this particular coaching staff had on him to keep him on the straight and narrow. Because it's not like he was here one season and stayed out of trouble. It was a several year period of, thankfully, none of this craziness. But then again, I don't even think that necessarily is the case, because his first two years here were under Wrex. 

Just very intriguing why he was good here for a couple years, and then it seemed like the second that he left, it all came flooding back.

Maybe the new coaching staff made him crazy?  He was fine under Wrex.

8 hours ago, Doc said:

yeah, it was "the new coaching staff" that "made him crazy"....lol

That's after 18 years, 2 colleges, the Rams, the Bills, the Dolphins, and the Bills again---with an unending stream of spitting on opponents, beating up his team mates, people in bars, cars, endless homophobic and racist rants, not to mention truly mentally ill behavior---it was McD that made him crazy.

That's "rich", doc...

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yeah, it was "the new coaching staff" that "made him crazy"....lol

That's after 18 years, 2 colleges, the Rams, the Bills, the Dolphins, and the Bills again---with an unending stream of spitting on opponents, beating up his team mates, people in bars, cars, endless homophobic and racist rants, not to mention truly mentally ill behavior---it was McD that made him crazy.

That's "rich", doc...

Relax WEO, it was obviously a joke. 

Edited by Doc

8 hours ago, Doc said:

He was fine when he had support from fellow linemen.  Eric Wood was a big supporter of him and I think him being out affected him as well as the circumstances, whether some agree with it or not, where his agent agrees with a salary cut for him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He was fine when he had support from fellow linemen.  Eric Wood was a big supporter of him and I think him being out affected him as well as the circumstances, whether some agree with it or not, where his agent agrees with a salary cut for him.

Oh come on...

Stop with this.

On 7/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, MJS said:

Richie was great as a Bill. Really no problems. I wish him well.

I thought it would have been for throwing that weight at a guy in the gym.

Funny, but, true.  It could be for a couple different things!