Richie Incognito Suspended 2 Games

CNY315

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Apples and oranges.  You have the opinion what he did is worse than DUI, and you seem to think everyone else will think that too except Goodell.  But that is where you are wrong, I get he has had issues but someone going off the deep end at his fathers funeral deserves some consideration.

he had  trunk load of weapons. all legally owned. and threatened to use them
dui is usually a passive transgression.
apples and oranges indeed.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

...and signed to the Raiders.

wins the day !!

laughed out loud.

in a sad way of course

44 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

dui is usually a passive transgression.

"Usually"

Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaireddriver. This is one death every 50 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion.

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

"Usually"

Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaireddriver. This is one death every 50 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion.

my point was not about the severity. and certainly not monetary connotation. because that does not nearly cover the humanity of a death to a loved one
Richie is an aggressive personality who can go off at the flick of a switch it seems.
Drunk drivers are usually habitual drunk drivers getting by without notice till something bad happens.
I knew a fellow who had 5 DWI in NY. and was still drinking and driving.
 he had no aggressive tendencies and was predictable, seems easy to shut that down doesn't it? 

and he should have been.

But the violent ones are harder to predict.
you never know what sets them off.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

my point was not about the severity. and certainly not monetary connotation. because that does not nearly cover the humanity of a death to a loved one
Richie is an aggressive personality who can go off at the flick of a switch it seems.
Drunk drivers are usually habitual drunk drivers getting by without notice till something bad happens.
I knew a fellow who had 5 DWI in NY. and was still drinking and driving.
 he had no aggressive tendencies and was predictable, seems easy to shut that down doesn't it? 

and he should have been.

But the violent ones are harder to predict.
you never know what sets them off.

I agree he is a maniac.   But passing judgement on sentences does not work in the NFL or in the judicial system.  Murderers and pedophile get out of prison (or do no time) while someone found with a large amount of pot does life.

10 minutes ago, mattynh said:

"Usually"

and where is that number derived from ? 44 billion.
what cost are you speaking of ?

i am not dismissing the issue of impaired driving by any means. its absurd.

but should we talk about drivers and phones etc. 

Alcoholism is a disease that can be treated. so is bipolar. But they are not equal.

I hope i have not offended you. I have friends die from both

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

and where is that number derived from ? 44 billion.
what cost are you speaking of ?

i am not dismissing the issue of impaired driving by any means. its absurd.

but should we talk about drivers and phones etc. 

Alcoholism is a disease that can be treated. so is bipolar. But they are not equal.

I hope i have not offended you. I have friends die from both

Yeah phones are a problem too.    

Just now, mattynh said:

I agree he is a maniac.   But passing judgement on sentences does not work in the NFL or in the judicial system.  Murderers and pedophile get out of prison (or do no time) while someone found with a large amount of pot does life.

we agree on the unbalanced nature of course corrections our Local governments employ.
 I should have just spoken about Cogs condition and gone no further.

my apologies Mattynh

28 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

we agree on the unbalanced nature of course corrections our Local governments employ.
 I should have just spoken about Cogs condition and gone no further.

my apologies Mattynh

no need to apologize, but this is something that comes up all the time.   At one point it was Ray Rice gets 2 games for knocking his fiance out and Tom Brady gets four games for not cooperating with Goodell.  And many others, whenever you try and compare crimes and punishment it gets very subjective.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mattynh said:

Apples and oranges.  You have the opinion what he did is worse than DUI, and you seem to think everyone else will think that too except Goodell.  But that is where you are wrong, I get he has had issues but someone going off the deep end at his fathers funeral deserves some consideration.

Lol yet another joker with his head in the sand defending this guy. Why? Because he played for the Bills? Is that why you completely ignore all of this guy’s other transgressions and explain away the funeral home as just a natural reaction to guilt? What about the gym incident where poor richie was threatening people with weights and claiming the NSA was beaming secrets into his brain?My god. Either you’re a disingenuous homer or you’re deeply uninformed. Sad either way.

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Lol yet another joker with his head in the sand defending this guy. Why? Because he played for the Bills? Is that why you completely ignore all of this guy’s other transgressions and explain away the funeral home as just a natural reaction to guilt? What about the gym incident where poor richie was threatening people with weights and claiming the NSA was beaming secrets into his brain?My god. Either you’re a disingenuous homer or you’re deeply uninformed. Sad either way.

Read all my posts clown.  Then honk your nose a couple times.  

Edited by mattynh

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I'm sorry. I know you probably don't realize it, but you have lost a lot of credibility with this post-- at least in this thread. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm sorry. I know you probably don't realize it, but you have lost a lot of credibility with this post-- at least in this thread. 

Well at least I had some to begin with. I do fail to see where I said anything untrue. Grief is no excuse - countless people deal with death everyday, and do so in a dignified manner. On top of that, Richie is a recidivist who has gotten away with a lot of things with little or no punishment, this episode being just the latest example. And finally, Roger Goodell and his underlings have proven to be completely incompetent when dealing with player discipline, with arbitrary standards that are abandoned as soon as they’re established (remember the “6 game minimum” rule after the Ray Rice fiasco? Because Roger sure don’t.)

anyways thanks for your input.

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Well at least I had some to begin with. I do fail to see where I said anything untrue. Grief is no excuse - countless people deal with death everyday, and do so in a dignified manner. On top of that, Richie is a recidivist who has gotten away with a lot of things with little or no punishment, this episode being just the latest example. And finally, Roger Goodell and his underlings have proven to be completely incompetent when dealing with player discipline, with arbitrary standards that are abandoned as soon as their established (remember the “6 game minimum” rule after the Ray Rice fiasco? Because Roger sure don’t.)

anyways thanks for your input.

question is, how does it really affect your life? it seems it has in some form of the way since you have been so concerned about his condition, career and his life over all. so I ask, why does it bother you so much?

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/12/2019 at 4:31 PM, BillsRdue said:

He's lucky it's just 2. He went off the deep end. Wondering how strong he comes back.

I loved him as a player. He's a masher on the line. As a person he certainly has shown his true colors. As a person with mental illness he needs to be monitored, treated and helped.

Edited by BuffaloMatt
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m just glad he worked hard and stayed out of trouble while he was with the Bills. It would’ve been nice to get another year out of him but it wasn’t meant to be. Not the Bills’ problem anymore.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1