TBD Handicapping Contest

OKay , looks like we have 17 as of now, be great to get to twenty! 

Everyone should have received a link from CBS Sports.

For those interested, the contest is as follows

1) Pick 5 games per week vs the spread..you pick any games on the schedule

2) 1 pt for a win, 1/2 for a push, 0 for a loss

3) Winner has most points end of regular season

4) Last place will be publicly shamed somehow!

5) Small administration fee to cover expenses!

20 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

OKay , looks like we have 17 as of now, be great to get to twenty! 

Everyone should have received a link from CBS Sports.

For those interested, the contest is as follows

1) Pick 5 games per week vs the spread..you pick any games on the schedule

2) 1 pt for a win, 1/2 for a push, 0 for a loss

3) Winner has most points end of regular season

4) Last place will be publicly shamed somehow!

5) Small administration fee to cover expenses!

I'll give it a whirl. Send me a link and a venmo request. 

* In Vegas oddsmaker voice you hear on radio Saturday afternoons * “Ok, you’ve been waiting for it and I promised our one lock of the week. Me and my friends have all talked about this and now we’re sharing it with the betting public. The Rams lose this game outright. Goff has been paid. Cupp is still hurt. Gurley is Gurley. Betting against the home team dog is a No No. Take Carolina and the points.”

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

Funny you should say that as I've been following this horse for the lat few years - 

https://www.skysports.com/racing/form-profiles/horse/770963/shady-mccoy

so..not quite sure how to read the UK charts..but dont look like that horse has won in a while either..and to top it off he's a @mead107( gelding). 

The Shady McCoy a few of us bet over here is a standard bred, and he dont win poop either!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so..not quite sure how to read the UK charts..but dont look like that horse has won in a while either..and to top it off he's a @mead107( gelding). 

The Shady McCoy a few of us bet over here is a standard bred, and he dont win poop either!!!!!!

Yes, last won nearly two year ago at my local track. The horses connections keep running it in class 2 races. At 9 years old it isn't going to win one of them now. They're are very competitive handicaps.

Time to give up on both horses I think!

5 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Yes, last won nearly two year ago at my local track. The horses connections keep running it in class 2 races. At 9 years old it isn't going to win one of them now. They're are very competitive handicaps.

Time to give up on both horses I think!

If I am reading correctly, looke like he be running  on Saturday..i am betting him through Twinspires!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

If I am reading correctly, looke like he be running  on Saturday..i am betting him through Twinspires!!!!

He is. In a class 2 handicap again. Hence the 16/1 odds. 

Just like Shady the footballer he has his own unique running style. A very high head carry. Always takes an age to get into a race then stays on near the end. This is why he gets burned by the younger horses in the class 2 races. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Fresh off my perfect week @plenzmd1 I have some plays to explore:

SEA -1.5 @ CLE : this opened at CLE -2.5 (LOL) Sunday night and I just pounded it knowing it was contingent on Monday's result and what do you know...Browns got hammered and the line flipped. Still think Hawks cover and I got in Monday at SEA+112 which by now is hovering around -120 (still probably good value imo)

Wash -3.5 @ MIA: probably the one and only time all year I'm going to play the Fish as home dogs against the really bad Skins. 

NO +1 @ JAX: no idea why the Jags are giving points but I'm not smart enough to spend a lot of time pondering it so I went right ahead...maybe someone knows something I don't? And I played the under at 44 which seemed like a no brainer...and it's still moving up? Is something going to happen here that I am totally missing? Help?

lastly...

TENN +120 @ Denver- love this so much. And I took a flyer on DET +215 @ GB...I like the Lions value here. I'm thinking about an all-dog 3 teamer like DET ml/SF ats/MIA ats is in play as well. Love to hear your thoughts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Getting my butt kicked on the CBS handicapping contest. Looks like @LeviF91 is in tight with the bookies  

I knew this was a $50 donation from me, but still having fun with it.

Drinking and Venmo don't mix!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Fresh off my perfect week @plenzmd1 I have some plays to explore:

SEA -1.5 @ CLE : this opened at CLE -2.5 (LOL) Sunday night and I just pounded it knowing it was contingent on Monday's result and what do you know...Browns got hammered and the line flipped. Still think Hawks cover and I got in Monday at SEA+112 which by now is hovering around -120 (still probably good value imo)

Wash -3.5 @ MIA: probably the one and only time all year I'm going to play the Fish as home dogs against the really bad Skins. 

NO +1 @ JAX: no idea why the Jags are giving points but I'm not smart enough to spend a lot of time pondering it so I went right ahead...maybe someone knows something I don't? And I played the under at 44 which seemed like a no brainer...and it's still moving up? Is something going to happen here that I am totally missing? Help?

lastly...

TENN +120 @ Denver- love this so much. And I took a flyer on DET +215 @ GB...I like the Lions value here. I'm thinking about an all-dog 3 teamer like DET ml/SF ats/MIA ats is in play as well. Love to hear your thoughts.

The bolded are usually the games i stay away from...or go the other way. When the line looks so whack, and its like they want  evryoneto take one side ...like the Saints getting points.. i  either dont bet the game or take the other side! And sure as hell almost 80% of the money on the Saints...hate to say but the Jags may be the play here.

BTW, the contest is fun, hopefully next year we can get 50 or so people in...i am doing okay, would have helped if i made picks the week of the home opener LOL!!!!

And i am doing okay in the real betting department, as i only play dog moneylines...not killing it but running at a small profit. @LeviF91 at 73 % needs to open a touit service!!!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 1