Nate Geary and Joe DiBiase taking over for Howard and Jeremy for Bills pre-game show

On 7/12/2019 at 3:11 PM, The Bills Blog said:

Those young kids are AWFUL. Absolutely terrible radio personalities.

I half disagree with this...they have some pretty awful takes but what they do have is energy and passion for sports....can’t say the same about the others.

5 hours ago, Madbillsfan said:

They don’t watch sports. They research their job while on air. I feel like most of wgr is only there for the paycheck and the status over the other losers in their personal lives. 

This is doesn’t apply to all. 

Imo they all know a lot more about hockey than they do football 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Imo they all know a lot more about hockey than they do football 

I think there is nothing wrong with that. They need more Sabres talk on WGR. It feels a lot of times the Sabres are not on the same level as the Bills. I realize a lot of Bills fans aren't hockey fans. 

I used to listen to WGR as much as I could during my day.  Listened last week for the first time in ages  while driving my wife’s car for about a 1/2 hour (her car doesn’t have Sirius).  Terrible.  I know, nothing to really talk about in the off-season, but terrible.

Don’t listen to pre or post on game day at all.  Don’t care for how they break the games down.  Will miss Kelso though.  Used to love Simon when he was on WNSA and Empire Sports Network.  Even Bulldog was really good in his WBEN days.  Schopp was, and will always be terrible.  

They own the market, will always get ratings based on that.  

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I think there is nothing wrong with that. They need more Sabres talk on WGR. It feels a lot of times the Sabres are not on the same level as the Bills. I realize a lot of Bills fans aren't hockey fans. 

I didn’t say there was anything wrong with them being more knowledgeable about hockey, it does seem to me though the opposite of what you say ... that if they could get away with talking only hockey they would. That’s for the morning and afternoon show. 

On 7/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, Captain Murica said:

It’s all they think about... 

Jeremy White admits it, at least 

Am I the only one that kinda likes Mike Schopp? he does a pretty good job with quality content, but most of the callers to WGR are completely terrible. His interviews with bills players and coaches is usually solid, and he typically doesn't shy away from tough questions.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Am I the only one that kinda likes Mike Schopp? he does a pretty good job with quality content, but most of the callers to WGR are completely terrible. His interviews with bills players and coaches is usually solid, and he typically doesn't shy away from tough questions.

He’s not my cup of tea, but I can attest that you aren’t the only one who likes him. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 3:08 AM, BullBuchanan said:

I like Schopp quite a bit.  Hes smart, and thinks about the game very honestly and realisitcally, which seems to upset a lot of listeners.  Hes the opposite of a homer, which I respect.  Bulldog is okay, hes much better when Schopp is there with him to lead the way......when Bulldog is by himself and has to lead the show its pretty bad IMO.

A lot of people like Sal, hes kind of the opposite of Schopp IMO.  A through and through homer who kind of regurgitates a lot of obvious stuff.  I appreciate his upbeat and positive energy, but I just think Schopp talks about things in a much more honest way even when its not popular.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1