Nate Geary and Joe DiBiase taking over for Howard and Jeremy for Bills pre-game show

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'd prefer Ted DiBiase, but I guess Joe will have to do...

I like these two guys. Sneaky Joe is cool with me

I do listen to the radio pregame some as I am tooling around Sunday mornings if i am not at the stadium, and i always like Howard, he makes me laugh. My only criticism with Howard is sometime he is master of the obvious in his pre- game shows..Nate will sometimes look at some different numbers and look at things that may be a bit outside of the normal "football" stuff guys Howard and my age grew up on

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Hopefully both will be canned and he will do entire show with invited guests.

I like the call in format for post game..just sometimes the guys now tend to be short with people that disagree them, and Nate usually is not. And I am talking about rational people..not drunk people who call in with ridiculous takes

10 hours ago, zonabb said:

Garbage. That entire channel is loaded with hot summer dumpster garbage. Was forced to listen the other day, can't recall, and I think it was these two morons babbling on about mayonnaise. Good stuff. Friend finely got annoyed and changed the channel (his ride, his call!). So now I guess from avoiding WGR at all cost except driving to games and an occasional instigators moment, I'm down to almost zero WGR55 time. Sweet. Also, the awesomeness of satellite radio makes one wonder why local radio even exists.

I turn on wgr rarely, and it's easier when you expect to get what they put out.

I've never called in but I ended up with Monday off and turned it on while I was running errands. It was Geary and some other clown talking about the NBA. 

I know Buffalo isn't an NBA market, but I was so close to calling in. They are absolute morons, saying teams should do this and that, which would put them way over the salary cap. It wasn't remotely realistic the stuff they were talking about.

I find Geary to just be a general dbag. That kid they had doing the night cap orginally I thought was good. And I liked the guy who sung the dumb Sal song who is in Minnesota now. I'll forgive him for that awful rejoin. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/12/2019 at 11:03 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I swear Simon at times has slipped into dementia.  Quite honestly, so I think have I.  What were we talking about?  ?

And he admits it.  He's always talking about his faulty memory or being depressed about something.   Not exactly uplifting. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Now we just need a replacement for Schopp on the drunk caller postgame show

Go to go with Sal to replace Schopp.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:11 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Also, Sal announced a few days ago that he is stepping away as the primary host  from sports talk Saturday  (one of my favorite shows). 

just getting ready to replace Mikey

On 7/12/2019 at 12:04 PM, buffalostu2 said:

However you like their personalities Geary will put in the work, by doing research and taking his craft more seriously IMO.  That weighs heavily with me.

definitely did a good job when Dopp and the bulldog went golfing.

On 7/12/2019 at 2:18 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder if you recall years ago when Sal took that shift to get a toe in the door at WGR? Before then he was doing his Coach Sal online show "from his mom's basement" as he would joke. He took a big leap moving his family from Florida. I'd say it paid off for him.

Yeah, I never used to like Sal but I do now. I admire the way he stepped up and created a career for himself doing what he loves. He knows his stuff and is never too biased 

They don’t watch sports. They research their job while on air. I feel like most of wgr is only there for the paycheck and the status over the other losers in their personal lives. 

This is doesn’t apply to all. 

Edited by Madbillsfan
Accuracy