Nate Geary and Joe DiBiase taking over for Howard and Jeremy for Bills pre-game show

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also, Sal announced a few days ago that he is stepping away as the primary host  from sports talk Saturday  (one of my favorite shows). 

I wonder if you recall years ago when Sal took that shift to get a toe in the door at WGR? Before then he was doing his Coach Sal online show "from his mom's basement" as he would joke. He took a big leap moving his family from Florida. I'd say it paid off for him.

• Like (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder if you recall years ago when Sal took that shift to get a toe in the door at WGR? Before then he was doing his Coach Sal online show "from his mom's basement" as he would joke. He took a big leap moving his family from Florida. I'd say it paid off for him.

Yeah he says his son is in sports now and Saturday is the only day he typically has free during the season unless he’s traveling to an away game. Makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Geary is an idiot! 

Don't like him one bit! It's hard to admit but I can stand Schopp better than I can stand this dummy!

I think Geary sometimes days things for reaction and not sure if he actually believes them 

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah he says his son is in sports now and Saturday is the only day he typically has free during the season unless he’s traveling to an away game. Makes sense. 

I think Geary sometimes days things for reaction and not sure if he actually believes them 

He has a tendency to ask a single question but in paragraph form.  It's inherent with someone new to the job trying to establish that they are legitimately qualified to ask it.  "I am aware of A, B, C, D, E and F so what effect do you think they have on G?"  IMO, as a listener, it can get irritating trying to follow an entire monolog that gets connected to a question at the very end.   General rule: the questions asked in an interview should not be longer than the responses.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I swear Simon at times has slipped into dementia.  Quite honestly, so I think have I.  What were we talking about?  ?

In general i prefer the younger hosts over the older hosts - that’s just me

47 minutes ago, Chris from Rochester said:

I miss Joe B, I always thought his takes were the best

He  comes on One Bills Live from time to time to sub for one of them when they are out - I’ll confess i rarely listen to that show though so not sure if he still does 

• Like (+1) 1

Garbage. That entire channel is loaded with hot summer dumpster garbage. Was forced to listen the other day, can't recall, and I think it was these two morons babbling on about mayonnaise. Good stuff. Friend finely got annoyed and changed the channel (his ride, his call!). So now I guess from avoiding WGR at all cost except driving to games and an occasional instigators moment, I'm down to almost zero WGR55 time. Sweet. Also, the awesomeness of satellite radio makes one wonder why local radio even exists.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also, Sal announced a few days ago that he is stepping away as the primary host  from sports talk Saturday  (one of my favorite shows). 

I like Sal as reporter..not so much as a host.

BTW, does this affect his show after the postgame with Schoop and Bulldog? 

I too prefer him to those guys, although I dont hate those two guys either

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

Geary is an idiot! 

Don't like him one bit! It's hard to admit but I can stand Schopp better than I can stand this dummy!

I really like Nate..feel good for him

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I like Sal as reporter..not so much as a host.

BTW, does this affect his show after the postgame with Schoop and Bulldog? 

I too prefer him to those guys, although I dont hate those two guys either

I really like Nate..feel good for him

The Extra Point Show? He didn’t mention it so I’m guessing he will still do it because he said the rest of his job is staying the same. When there was a road game, I think Geary and Dibiasi did that show so not sure who will do it now when Sal is traveling and they are on in the morning. Howard’s kid? Will Ryan Gates come back if Allen turns out to be good? ?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1