Burger King $1 Taco's

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I get coupons in the mail every month.  Local food joints, midas, valvoline, etc.  BK always has a page of coupons.  One of them is a Family Bundle.  For $12.99, you get 3 whoppers, three cheeseburgers and 3 medium fries.

That's a ***** deal.  I always try to get away with not giving them the coupon so I can use it again (we only do it about once/month).   I have 3 coupons on hand at the moment.

I get that page of coupons also. I usually set it aside then forget about it. I've seen some McDonalds offer something similar, a Family Box meal. Usually two Big Mac's, two cheeseburgers, four fries and four drinks, for around $15. Haven't seen it around here though. 

26 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I get that page of coupons also. I usually set it aside then forget about it. I've seen some McDonalds offer something similar, a Family Box meal. Usually two Big Mac's, two cheeseburgers, four fries and four drinks, for around $15. Haven't seen it around here though. 

I haven't seen a McDonald's one.  Just BK.  I'll usually get the $12.99 deal, and then the two spicy chicken sandwiches for $6 on top of it.  For $20, we (two of us) have dinner and then lunch for the next day.  Unbeatable.

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Ahhh it was Tim Horton's, well I knew it started with a T lol

I think it depends where you are. At one point in Canada (or at least Ontario) Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC were owned by Tri-cor. Tim Hortons and Wendy's were owned by the same corporation (they started building combo locations where they where joined inside). Then Wendy's and Tim Hortons split and I believe in the US either Tim Hortons or Burger King bought the other.

I like BKs burgers, sometimes on weekends I get the mix/match special of a Whopper and Chicken Sandwich for $7 (used to be $5 at one time). Never heard of or seen tacos at BK here. Most of the Taco Bells around here closed down, but unused to like some of their stuff. Now I go to a couple of the smaller chain burrito places around here if I feel like a taco/burrito. Usually for under $12 I can get a massive burrito that at times can be difficult to finish cause of the size.

This is why Americans, especially low SES Americans, are so overweight.  It is generally much cheaper (and much less effort) to pick up dinner at BK or McD’s for a family of 5 than it is to purchase ingredients at the store and cook them.

To directly respond to the OP....those look disgusting.  I wouldn’t donate those tacos to a homeless person ?

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is why Americans, especially low SES Americans, are so overweight.  It is generally much cheaper (and much less effort) to pick up dinner at BK or McD’s for a family of 5 than it is to purchase ingredients at the store and cook them.

To directly respond to the OP....those look disgusting.  I wouldn’t donate those tacos to a homeless person ?

I have said that for years. Make healthy food cheaper and people will eat more of it. But when it's cheaper to grab a full dinner for your family from a take out joint, that's what many are going to do to make ends meet. If it's going to cost just as much or more to make dinner at home then it is to eat out, most are going to go the easier/quicker route because they don't have the time or are beat from having to work all day and then have to come home to also make dinner.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/11/2019 at 6:45 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

+1 ZILLION!  You got good taste buds!!!

Expensive buggers though!

But real gorditas (translates, I believe to: Fat girl in English) are the bomb!

maxresdefault.jpg

Pulled-Chicken-Gorditas-Recipe1.jpg

I’ve worked in a decent amount of restaurants. Some of them doing inspections for corporate or for quality control.  Taco Bell was by far the worst. They are the only place I’ve inspected that’s still open that I refuse to eat at. Beef and steak had what looked like large pieces of moldy leather with Brillo pad that was just scooped out while rest was served and wasn’t a one time thing. It popped up all over and for a long time, was still in there when I left.  Stores that didn’t have any way to heat food over 110 but served food for weeks with out attempting to fix. Roaches(similar to my experience at Olive Garden and Chinese restaurants). Drywall in food because they stayed open during construction(NEVER EAT AT A RESTAURANT THAT STAYS OPEN DURING CONSTRUCTION).  Every store I inspected would just change expiration stickers to later date when item expired.  It’s no wonder people get sick eating there. 

On 7/13/2019 at 2:45 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

Drywall in food because they stayed open during construction(NEVER EAT AT A RESTAURANT THAT STAYS OPEN DURING CONSTRUCTION).  

Like all those McD's that leave the drive through open during remodel. 

Hell, I had to install some equipment in a McD that we'd typically do at night after the store closed, because we'd have to open the ceiling in the dining area. One store manager insisted it be done during the day because they did not want to pay someone to stay all night with us. So during lunch rush, here I am standing on a ladder opening tiles over tables that people are eating at. That manager got an earful from disgruntled customers because every time someone asked me about it, I'd tell them to talk to the manager. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/13/2019 at 6:08 AM, LewPort71 said:

Two pages of a discussion of Tacos and no one has mentioned  MIGHTY TACO.?

C'mon man.

I remember the corny Mighty Taco commercials on 97 Rock in the 70's. They played them constantly.

2 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I remember the corny Mighty Taco commercials on 97 Rock in the 70's. They played them constantly.

Me too. I was excited when MT expanded beyond the greater Buffalo area and finally built one in my home town. Then I tried it and was underwhelmed. Never went back again. I don't think it lasted more than a year there.