“Around the NFL” thread (for stuff that isn’t thread worthy)

24 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Just reading this now. Mayfield doesn’t lack confidence, that’s for sure. 

How do people interpret this part -

He’s not saying that mayfield was disappointed he was fired, is he? Hue can’t be that oblivious. He has to just be saying that mayfield was disappointed he went to a team in division right? 

Its s pretty good story. Worth the read. 

....listening to this azzclown spout off tells me sure as hell we landed the right guy.......SMH......

Baker Mayfield wanted “revenge” against Hue Jackson

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 17, 2019, 8:28 AM EDT

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield was critical of his former coach, Hue Jackson, for going to the division rival Bengals after getting fired by the Browns. With some time to reflect on that this offseason, Mayfield says he hasn’t changed his opinion.

Mayfield told ESPN that beating the Bengals was a highlight of his rookie season, in part because Jackson was on the opposing sideline.

“I’m not gonna lie to you and say that the first time I played Hue did not feel good. It’s human nature to want to get revenge,” Mayfield said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/17/baker-mayfield-wanted-revenge-against-hue-jackson/#comments

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I ask him if it feels weird, starting the offseason with so much hype. "For them," he says, flicking his wrist toward the door. "Not for me." He ***** an eyebrow and grins. "For everybody else around here, it's been pretty terrible to be part of this team for a while." Then he laughs. Not unkindly but in a way that suggests he thinks everyone in Cleveland is in on the joke.

What exactly did he do to the eyebrow that required such censorship???

• Haha (+1) 3

Pretty sure threads about anything NFL related are allowed here. Discussion does not only have to be Bills related.

However, you will have a few posters that get on you for it, because many assume (incorrectly) that it is a rule that everything has to be Bills related.

The tag line for the Stadium Wall reads:

"... Discussing the Buffalo Bills and the NFL 24 hours a day since 1998!"

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Fitz Jr

On 7/11/2019 at 4:16 PM, BillsFan4 said:

I enjoy reading about all NFL news and am always hunting for a thread to post random non-thread worthy news/info etc. I come across on other NFL teams but I never know where to put it (this forum doesn’t have an “around the NFL section and I don’t want to start a new thread for it). So most times I don’t share it.

I decided I’d try to make a thread to give everyone a place to share interesting news/stories etc. about other NFL teams/players etc. 

I’m hoping that it’s ok to put/keep this here seeing as it’s not Bills related news.

I know we have the “off the wall” section but not as many people visit it, especially to talk football. 

If I am the only one interested in a thread like this, then I apologize and will let it die. 

To start, heres Josh Norman jumping bulls in Spain - 

They got the Redskins colour scheme right

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This Baker/Hue thing is still going strong, eh...  weird flex, he needs to move on 

If Baker is still "holding a grudge" after (HOW MANY GAMES?) half a season... 

It enforces my feelings that this kid isn't mature enough (yet) and why I preferred Josh better.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If Baker is still "holding a grudge" after (HOW MANY GAMES?) half a season... 

It enforces my feelings that this kid isn't mature enough (yet) and why I preferred Josh better.  

Have you seen Brady? He'll hold a grudge over ANYTHING. It motivation, sometimes even dumb motivation, but motivation nonetheless. 

That, and Hue is a moron. He went on a media tour after being fired to blame everyone but himself. Going to a division rival IN SEASON is very odd too, but a job is a job.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

Rhymes with socks.  But starts with a C.

C*ck a Doodle Doo!
I'm not sure what's more surprising, that caulking (sp) your eyebrow might be viewed as offensive, or that police took gun magazines from the arrest scene.
Is that periodicals about guns, or weapon magazines? lol

Edited by ToddAllan

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Have you seen Brady? He'll hold a grudge over ANYTHING. It motivation, sometimes even dumb motivation, but motivation nonetheless. 

That, and Hue is a moron. He went on a media tour after being fired to blame everyone but himself. Going to a division rival IN SEASON is very odd too, but a job is a job.

Yes, I have seen Tainted Tom and his douchebagery for a long time.  

I think it took a year or two before Saint Thomas became the GOAT of douchebags

What did Hue do to him?  Make him sit on the bench for 4 or 5 games?  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

2.5 games. The horror. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

This should have it's own thread.

This all around the nfl thread simply isn't a good idea.  Sorry.

I created it mainly to give a space for non-thread worthy stuff people may not share because they were reluctant about creating a new thread for it (because some people here complain about that kind of stuff for some reason. “New thread shaming” is a real thing...lol).

I wouldn’t have shared the stuff I’ve posted in this thread because it’s not something I would have created a new thread for and there was no other thread that I could find that made sense to stick it in.

Like I said though, if the general consensus is that this thread is not a good idea I will let it die. 

Edited by BillsFan4

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No, Hue lied about all kinds of stuff. How he wanted Wentz, Goff, Watson, etc the years before when all news coming out of Cleveland at the time said the opposite. How the offense struggled because he was less involved at the start of the year. 

He also started, and likely would have kept starting Taylor if not for the concussion and Baker looking a ton better. He started 3.2 YPC Hyde despite Chubb looking like twice the player, forcing Dorsey to trade Hyde so Chubb could start.

Then, after all that, he went on a media tour after being fired to shift blame to everyone else. 

17 hours ago, cle23 said:

No, Hue lied about all kinds of stuff. How he wanted Wentz, Goff, Watson, etc the years before when all news coming out of Cleveland at the time said the opposite. How the offense struggled because he was less involved at the start of the year. 

He also started, and likely would have kept starting Taylor if not for the concussion and Baker looking a ton better. He started 3.2 YPC Hyde despite Chubb looking like twice the player, forcing Dorsey to trade Hyde so Chubb could start.

Then, after all that, he went on a media tour after being fired to shift blame to everyone else. 

I am no fan of Mr 1-31  (Hue Jackson Day).  He's not great but then, he wasn't given a lot to work with prior to 2018.

What coach and FO personnel doesn't lie pre draft? (and post)

Mumble Mouth Bill Belicheat lies every time he's at a podium.  

You hold a grudge if someone tries to ruin your career, not because the FO plan was to SIT you for the start of the season 

The first of Official Training Camp Injuries 

Broncos LB Davis expected to miss 3-4 weeks

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos linebacker Todd Davis, who started 16 games last season and has started all but three games over the past three seasons, is expected to miss three to four weeks with a partial tear in his calf muscle.

Davis suffered the injury in the final team period of Thursday's practice -- the first on-field work of Broncos training camp. Davis was carted to the locker room and limped in with the team's medical staff